Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Dead after crash

Reaction score
Hello friends I crashed one of my Anafi in sports mode though there is no visible damage to the drone but its not turning onn there is absolutely no support from customer care. I live in India and I had purchased my drone from Hongkong. Has someone faced similar issue ?? Can anyone help me resolve this I have tried? I have tried resetting the battery but no response.

I am having a feeling the power module may have blown? Parrot is selling all kind of spare parts other then power module.

I am stuck very badly please help ??

Attachments

• 9D91444F-D1CB-4C9C-9026-FEEE486894C0.jpeg
    9D91444F-D1CB-4C9C-9026-FEEE486894C0.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 10
First we need to know if the battery LED's light up when you reset the battery.
If the battery is still good then check all the pins from the battery to the Anafi.
If thats all ok you will probably have to take your Anafi apart and check all the leads\cables are secure. Sometimes in a crash the connectors need to be reseated

Firstly Thanks for reply back :)

I am unable to upload the video. The battery lights up and nothing happens after that.

I have 2 anafi so I have tried interchanging the batteries they are in good state.

I don’t think there is any connect break.

Normally when the drone crashes it makes some kind of beep noise and keeps beeping until you turn it off, but at this crash the anafi was absolutely dead and didn’t made any beeps or responded to anything.

Well if you cannot return it for a refund or get any warranty then your only option I would think is to remove the cover so you can check all the connections inside. It really does not take very much for one of those to come loose.
Here is a repair video if you need it.

Reactions: Ashishmalaviya
Hello friends I crashed one of my Anafi in sports mode though there is no visible damage to the drone but its not turning onn there is absolutely no support from customer care. I live in India and I had purchased my drone from Hongkong. Has someone faced similar issue ?? Can anyone help me resolve this I have tried? I have tried resetting the battery but no response.

I am having a feeling the power module may have blown? Parrot is selling all kind of spare parts other then power module.

I’m basing this reply as on my own experience.

Earlier this year I purchased an apparently dead Anafi off of eBay, This Anafi displayed all the same symptoms that you have described. I originally intended to use it for Spares as and when I needed them, but due to the near perfect external condition of the drone I decided to investigate and possibly fix it.

On opening up the Anafi I found that the ribbon cable that connects the power distribution module ( the board the battery plugs into ) to the main board mounted on the underside had come loose. After reattaching the cable everything came back to life.

Regards

Nidge.

I’m basing this reply as on my own experience.

Earlier this year I purchased an apparently dead Anafi off of eBay, This Anafi displayed all the same symptoms that you have described. I originally intended to use it for Spares as and when I needed them, but due to the near perfect external condition of the drone I decided to investigate and possibly fix it.

On opening up the Anafi I found that the ribbon cable that connects the power distribution module ( the board the battery plugs into ) to the main board mounted on the underside had come loose. After reattaching the cable everything came back to life.

Regards

Nidge.
Hello Nidge and All,

I would wish to thank you all for replying I managed to open my anafi and found there was a loose cable I just reconnected it and my drone is up and working again thanks a ton ??????

I m also from india and my anafi also crashed without any warning.
I get warning of vertical camera failure and i cant take off
i returned for repair again to china they said to change main bord it cost me 200$ even it is under warranty, now waiting to come Back to me . Parrot service is worst ever. They said me that you flew drone in storm i submitted weather report of crash day even they said that we can't provide free service , i had no choice because i already sent it to china . Wasted too much on anafi ?
I request don't buy anafi , because in india there's no any service and parts availability

This is the global Parrot customer situation.

First of all for a global scale company selling lots of different stuff there is one website and one simple form to contact with the Parrot customer service...and probably only one person you can contact with.

There is no telephone number, no e-mail address, no online customer help.

I fill this stupid form and waited over two weeks to get any answer.

With no answer to my form, I was trying to contact with someone by FB fun page and it took them two months and two days to respond by messenger...long after the case was closed.

I was very pleased when finally someone did answer to my form and tell that my guess of the problem and its solution are correct, that anafi could be repaired and they are able todo it. I was told to wait for an e-mail with terms and costs of this repair.

I have already rebuild my drone after some crash, it was 100% perfect in hardware and needed only software reprogramming, so I was pretty sure to get the price corresponding with the easy solution for my anafi problem.

I was in shock when receive an e-mail telling that the astimated cost was more then a half value of a new anafi drone and it still did not contain the shipment.
(In my opinion this high cost was the way to make of uncomfortable customer let go and do not waste their time anymore)

Anyway...in the same time I was get the information that they could do this only if I have the receipt.

So if you have lost receipt somehow or buy drone on ebay (like me) and didn't get any additional receipt, you can not use their services at all.

And even if you still have receipt, you could get the massive bill to pay if the warranty wont work for some reason.

Reactions: rsvibhadaniya
I am surprised that you could not find a telephone number for Parrot as other members have phoned them as it appears to be the best method for getting answers.

Unfortunately the cost of repairs is not always related to the original cost of the item. Having read the other post that you made last August, which is very similar to this post but with more detail, your Anafi was damaged and you repaired it but found, as others had done, that the gimbal and camera are hard coded to the main board. The quote that you received from Parrot was for about 240 Euro excluding tax. Although it was just a software fix I would think that they would first examine the drone to ensure that it was repaired correctly. Then after reprogramming it they would have to check that it worked correctly before posting it back to you. Assuming about 2 hours work the cost that you have been quoted, which includes postage back to you does not seem unreasonable in my view. Labour charges can be the main reason that items are beyond economical repair these days.

They probably did get the telephone number after some service employee did answer for a question asked by the form.
This number is located at the bottom of en e-mail.

If the technician labour will cost so much, then the new, complete drone should cost a few times more than its actual price.
I couldn't exclude the tax so my final cost will be 290,40e not the 240e.

The key think is that in any case if I want to repair it then I need to have an receipt (my anafi was bought on ebay as a new...but with no receipt so it excludes any services).
It is known by now that anafi main components are paired togeather and if any component (mainboard, gimball, camera) will by demaged, then only factory have a way to pair replaced part with the others.
With no receipt, even small damage one of those components leads you to get drone that could not be repaired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian