Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi drops (crashes) when landing sometimes

ghulse

Reaction score
I'm a new Anafi owner (actually new to drones). I've been having a blast flying my drone, taking aerial photos and such. On several occasions, usually after a flight, when I bring the Anafi in for a landing, I press the "Land" button and it just suddenly drops to the ground. Why is it doing this? I always have plenty of battery charge (at least 20%) when I bring the drone back from a flight. Maybe I should hand-launch from now on. But it's rather a problem if you ask me.

I'm a new Anafi owner (actually new to drones). I've been having a blast flying my drone, taking aerial photos and such. On several occasions, usually after a flight, when I bring the Anafi in for a landing, I press the "Land" button and it just suddenly drops to the ground. Why is it doing this? I always have plenty of battery charge (at least 20%) when I bring the drone back from a flight. Maybe I should hand-launch from now on. But it's rather a problem if you ask me.

Will not think that Anafi crash lands when you tap the land button, but she is reasonably quick to land. Alternatively, hold down the left stick and Anafi will land within two seconds.

Regards, Leif.

I have found that if you are too low when you press the land button it gets very close to the ground in it's initial fast drop before it slows down to land. Try pressing the landing button when the Anafi is about 2m in the air or alternatively use the left stick as Landbo suggests.

Reactions: cheetah2k
I have found that if you are too low when you press the land button it gets very close to the ground in it's initial fast drop before it slows down to land. Try pressing the landing button when the Anafi is about 2m in the air or alternatively use the left stick as Landbo suggests.

Yeah, this is what i do now. I pressed the land button a few times at 0.5m high and it dropped to the ground. 1.5-2m and press to land works fine

Plus 1 what others have said... if you push the land button with it very low... it does drop fast. I dont think it is so fast it would break anything... it does much better if you press the land button with drone about head height.

Back it into you, grab and roll 90 degrees and it will shut down. With that said I still do this in calm winds but not in windy or turbulent conditions. Since the last firmware update, I back it in to me and hit land at about 2m.

After about 50 landings, zero have been hard.
I had a hard landing using the left stick. I called support and the technician told me to always use the landing button on the controller or the one on the display. So far this has worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut