Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi drops off the sky into the sea

Astender

Reaction score
As usual, I raised the Anafi vertically up to 100m to check how stable it was with the wind, constant blowing from the east. UAV said 15mph with 18mph gust winds. As I do in every flight, I lower the camera 45 and spin 360 degre6e. Then I fly horizontally. I was about 100m high still, 200m way from me over water. At 37% battery I decided to bring it back hitting the big round home button. Suddenly, it dropped off onto the sea. I am very upset.

It is a lagoon, so I try finding it, diving with a Go Pro but no luck.

The night before I had updated controller and drone. Calibrated the drone. Charged batteries. Pre-flight checked UAV and it was all green, good to fly. No WiFi in the middle of nowhere, a lagoon in Crete. Half dozen seagulls distracted by tourists, no birds were near the Anafi.

It just dropped.

I wish I had done something wrong so at least I could explain it, but I can't. I am desolated, many nice places to see, but no Anafi.

Conclusion: either my Anafi was faulty or all Anafi drones are unreliable.

Sorry for your loss, that's awful. But i think you have high chances to have another Anafi for free by Parrot, because seems like an hw/sw failure, not an human mistake. Have you contacted Parrot yet ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar