Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi first impressions after a few days

PascalG

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
After a couple of years using a Phantom 2, mavic pro and two sparks, i just ordered an Anafi as a replacement to my last Spark (Spark nr 1 just flew away and nr 2 crashed on take off)
What i like about Anafi vs Spark:

• Easy to setup, FF6 is user friendly, fewer useless warnings like wind velocity, no big brother flight restrictions.
  • I like the controller and its simple reliable cable connection instead of wifi between the phone and controller
  • I never cared for DJI hand controls, it just adds another layer of complication to the software. Glad Parrot didnt bother with this
  • Image quality is as good as spark and Mavic pro. I dont care for 4K because of file size but it s definitely a plus if needed
  • Unlike Spark, image remains stabilized in sports mode. That was my biggest gripe about spark making it impossible to film any fast moving subject.
  • Range and signal stability is ok but not quite as good as Spark which i ve routinely had at up to 4000'. So far i haven't been able to get over 1200 to 1500'
  • Flight time is huge plus, twice as Spark! That alone is probably a reason to pick Anafi
  • Hand launch is nice when using the drone in places without a clean flat surface.

What i dont like:
  • The phone holder is too short to hold an iphone + with case. Having to remove the case everytime is a pita.
  • No selection for units. That s such a basic simple option, it s hard to understand why it's missing... i dont like meter or feet per second for speed and prefer mph, knots or km/h
  • I wish there was an option to select a minimum altitude under which the drone would not descend. That would come in handy when shooting action footage like water sports
  • Data graph should include distance

Reactions: dmbrody
PascalG,

I am particularly interested in your range issues. Have you tried changing the operating frequency from 2.4 to 5.8? What type of environmental are you flying in? Suburban, urban, fringe area, countryside?

Also, would you say the Anafi is more quiet than the Mavic Pro? Spark?

Thanks, I have both a Spark and Mavic Pro, but have a strong interest in adding the Anafi to the "fleet".

PascalG,

I am particularly interested in your range issues. Have you tried changing the operating frequency from 2.4 to 5.8? What type of environmental are you flying in? Suburban, urban, fringe area, countryside?

Thanks, I have both a Spark and Mavic Pro, but have a strong interest in adding the Anafi to the "fleet".
It’s about the same sound level as the Mavic Pro Platinum. We didn’t test with a meter, but the general consensus was the Anafi was a little bit quieter and less obtrusive than the MavicPro Platinum... (I’m sure others have come to the exact opposite conclusion)

Anyway, they are both pretty quiet (and quieter than the Mavic 2 Pro, which I have).

The biggest point in Anafi’s favor is the ease with which it can be deployed. That doesn’t matter to some people, but I like to have the Anafi as an option when on the go. From bag to air, it’s easier, quicker, and the least hassle.

After a couple of years using a Phantom 2, mavic pro and two sparks, i just ordered an Anafi as a replacement to my last Spark (Spark nr 1 just flew away and nr 2 crashed on take off)
What i like about Anafi vs Spark:

• Easy to setup, FF6 is user friendly, fewer useless warnings like wind velocity, no big brother flight restrictions.
  • I like the controller and its simple reliable cable connection instead of wifi between the phone and controller
  • I never cared for DJI hand controls, it just adds another layer of complication to the software. Glad Parrot didnt bother with this
  • Image quality is as good as spark and Mavic pro. I dont care for 4K because of file size but it s definitely a plus if needed
  • Unlike Spark, image remains stabilized in sports mode. That was my biggest gripe about spark making it impossible to film any fast moving subject.
  • Range and signal stability is ok but not quite as good as Spark which i ve routinely had at up to 4000'. So far i haven't been able to get over 1200 to 1500'
  • Flight time is huge plus, twice as Spark! That alone is probably a reason to pick Anafi
  • Hand launch is nice when using the drone in places without a clean flat surface.

What i dont like:
  • The phone holder is too short to hold an iphone + with case. Having to remove the case everytime is a pita.
  • No selection for units. That s such a basic simple option, it s hard to understand why it's missing... i dont like meter or feet per second for speed and prefer mph, knots or km/h
  • I wish there was an option to select a minimum altitude under which the drone would not descend. That would come in handy when shooting action footage like water sports
  • Data graph should include distance
For range try 5G i fly over 4000feet at H150m with perfect FPV. Italy country with FCC trick.

PascalG,

The noise is more quiet than mavic pro see this noise test:
at 13:24 minutes of video

Reactions: Skydreamer
PascalG,

I think it is quieter especially in film mode.

I pretty much only use drones from a boat in the bahamas, often Away from civilization. I ve noticed shorter ranges (1000' or less) flying from a marina where every boat has routers and a bunch of stuff but even off a cay with no homes and taking off from a beach and not from the boat, weak signal message pops up at 1200/1500'

It is my understanding that 2.4 Ghz signal will go much farther than 5 Ghz but thst the 2.4 band will be busier and subject to more interference in crowded environments

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut