Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi for Real Estate photography?

As a pro photographer and retoucher, DNG is definitely the way to go. Lightroom can make better color edits to a RAW/DNG file than Photoshop can to a JPG. DNG offers greater flexibility in what you can do to the image and how you save the file. It *almost* allows you to have a second chance at taking the photo!
I currently have the Anafi Thermal. I used it to take photos of utility poles for inspection. I decided to play around with the other settings (DNG) and found that the .jpg images were of a much higher quality. The 'jpg would come in at almost 4K pixels, while the .DNG were in the 640x320 range or something like that. The file size was 4.1 MB for .jpg, and 900 KB for .DNG. The .DNG were extremely grainy. I don't have a photo editing software on my laptop at the moment, but I would imagine they coundn't do much with the .DNG files. Does lightroom fix this, or do I need to change some settings on my anafi?

I currently have the Anafi Thermal. I used it to take photos of utility poles for inspection. I decided to play around with the other settings (DNG) and found that the .jpg images were of a much higher quality. The 'jpg would come in at almost 4K pixels, while the .DNG were in the 640x320 range or something like that. The file size was 4.1 MB for .jpg, and 900 KB for .DNG. The .DNG were extremely grainy. I don't have a photo editing software on my laptop at the moment, but I would imagine they coundn't do much with the .DNG files. Does lightroom fix this, or do I need to change some settings on my anafi?
Thanks for the info. I don't have much experience with photo processing, but I would like to add that to my services at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456