Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi GPS problem (always red)

MustangPhil

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have the following problem:

- When I first received the Anafi, both the GPS from the Anafi and the iPad mini were quickly green.
- I do not remember if the problem occurred after an update, but now I have no way to get GPS signal on the drone (signal is ‘green’ on the control side, but still red on the Anafi GPS.
Of course, with this problem, the Anafi is much less stable and Apps such as navigation or the follow-me mode are unusable.

I tried to let it switched on for more than 20 minutes, waiting for GPS signal on the quad, but nothing happened.
I tried in my home town, but also on a clear valley, and still nothing (on the drone side), on phones or on a Garmin Glo, I have instant full GPS coverage.

I tried to reset the Anafi, keeping the ‘ON’ button pressed until red lights... nothing better...

Do you know what to do in this case ?

I was wondering if any of you have the following problem:

- When I first received the Anafi, both the GPS from the Anafi and the iPad mini were quickly green.
- I do not remember if the problem occurred after an update, but now I have no way to get GPS signal on the drone (signal is ‘green’ on the control side, but still red on the Anafi GPS.
Of course, with this problem, the Anafi is much less stable and Apps such as navigation or the follow-me mode are unusable.

I tried to let it switched on for more than 20 minutes, waiting for GPS signal on the quad, but nothing happened.
I tried in my home town, but also on a clear valley, and still nothing (on the drone side), on phones or on a Garmin Glo, I have instant full GPS coverage.

I tried to reset the Anafi, keeping the ‘ON’ button pressed until red lights... nothing better...

Do you know what to do in this case ?

Simply, your Anafi has a GPS that does not work. Return it to the place you purchased it with a warranty claim.

Regards Leif.

Exact the same problem here. Got my copter on tuesday, did all updates and then I did some flights and on friday the GPS of the Anafi suddenly stopped during a normal flight.
I was wondering why Freeflight told me the copter isn't moving anymore while I had the copter right before me.
Since then, not a singe green GPS anymore, Controller no Problem. 20 minutes on a hilltop without interferences nearby, 45 minutes in my garden on a wooden table,
15 minutes 50 meters above a crop field... no GPS signal.
Did the power button and the in-App reset, nothing changed. I fear the GPS modul is broken. Maybe they have bought some malfunctional moduls :-(
Very annoying because I should do a flight for our local authorities today or tomorrow, later there is no more chance for that.
I asked the Support if there is a possibility to reset the drone to the Situation it was before updating or if there is another way to check the GPS. Otherwise I will return it to the vendor.

I called Parrot Hotline and they made me test it on an other smartphone (saying my setup is not officially supported, I fly on an iPad Mini 4). So I took my wife’s smartphone (an android Honor 8).... and the same problem occurred.
So as it was obvious the internal GPS module of the ANAFI was faulty, and they sent me an email to have the drone exchanged where I bought it.

I just come back from the retailler that exchanged me the drone and I’ve tested it after firmware updates both on the RC and the Anafi... and it works perfectly after a few seconds of initialisation, both GPS icons are green in the FreeFlight6 application..

I’d like to thank Parrot for its efficient Hotline and quick problem resolution !

good afternoon bought a parrot anafi and I can not access the drone gps, I would like to know how I can activate

While it's a hassle going through the set-up process again I'm glad they made the exchange and you're having no issues with the new Anafi. Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood