Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi has added Broadcast DRI to ID the drone? Anyone know how it works

You'll need a French registration number for Anafi's DRI function.
Because Parrot doesn't support the Anafi any more, they will probably not work on a FAA or other standard compatible version, but the hardware should be able.
That would mean all the non FRIA people that own one cant fly past mid september 2023. It is a really easy quick US patch for them to put out for the 4k owners. They should be able to do it, we will just have to wait.

anafi USA uses freeflight 6 so they will update freeflight 6,i just hope that update will work with anafi 4k……

anafi USA uses freeflight 6 so they will update freeflight 6,i just hope that update will work with anafi 4k……
Actually Anafi USA has a dedicated app now called Freeflight 6 USA. Came out a few months back. I was hopeful same as you that standard Anafi FF6 would be updated to support RID but not so much now since they released the USA version.

This is what I got back from Parrot:

Kindly note that the Parrot Anafi drone is considered to be a legacy product and therefore does not have the ability to enable remote ID.

Best regards

Stephen | Parrot

Reactions: ParrotAnafiFan
as a company parrot and their customer support suck,reason i decided not to buy 4000 $$ Parrot AnafiAI….it is shocking to me how i went from biggest fan to anti-fan in last few years….if i ever see Henri Seydoux(ceo)in real life ill tell him how much he sucks…..😁

Reactions: ParrotAnafiFan
The anafi really isn't that old.
I"m amazed how fast support drops on them. If they can add DRI then a patch to add US RID would be so easy.

Last edited:
This is stupid.. Same fate as skydio 1 and mavic 2 owners. Attach a module. But anafi in this case already had\has the ability for RID in Europe and the ID message elements should comply with the US standard? The only thing preventing it is Parrot just not submitting a DOC for it. I am sure there are fleets of anafis (especially thermal version)somewhere being used by security companies, utility, fire departments, real estate persons etc. What are they going to have to do come September? 😱

This is stupid.. Same fate as skydio 1 and mavic 2 owners. Attach a module. But anafi in this case already had\has the ability for RID in Europe and the ID message elements should comply with the US standard? The only thing preventing it is Parrot just not submitting a DOC for it. I am sure there are fleets of anafis (especially thermal version)somewhere being used by security companies, utility, fire departments, real estate persons etc. What are they going to have to do come September? 😱
they are not gonna do anything….updating firmware cost time and money,parrot will not spend any,submitting DOC is easy,thats not a problem…parrot will not spend a dime on a product they dont care about

The stupid thing is it only afflicts the people in the US. Everywhere else you are compliant via DRI. I never knew there would be an actual compliant list yiur drone would have to abide by. The simple broadcast by DRI worked. Until that list came out.

When rules keep changing every year, we will have all of these well maintained drones in excellent flying condition just sitting on a shelf because all of a sudden they are non compliant.

If we use a external module now, that is going to effect the main GPS ability to recieve as it should. You never use more than 1 GPS in close proximity to another.

You introduce another means of radio and emf interference with an external module in close proximity.

The weight will be increased with a module.

Flight time goes down.

Battery power on drone decreases
While powering module, or if adding an external lipo to power it.

freeflight 6 USA recognizes skycontroller 3 and anafi,but gives me lots of glitches when i move camera up and down…..otherwise no difference between ff6 and ff6usa

Keep in mind that an external module may also put extra strain on hubs and props. Who knows the payload limit. I bet it is zero payload.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manon.s07