Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi has added Broadcast DRI to ID the drone? Anyone know how it works

This is what I got back from Parrot:

Kindly note that the Parrot Anafi drone is considered to be a legacy product and therefore does not have the ability to enable remote ID.

Best regards

Stephen | Parrot
Geez....I wanted to keep it but I have to put it up for sale now.

• Wow
Reactions: DroneKing
So I have to put a strobe light, and a massive tracker on my drone when I fly at civil twilight now. Can we at least get more spec information on our drones so that we can modify them accordingly to handle the added weight?

👍After reading over the RID rule. I found specific wording about the actual compliance. It appears there is a way to comply with it if we setup DRI. We would be flying the anafi as broadcast module and not a standard RID aircraft. Our serial number range makes no difference not being listed in the MOC .

Yeah I have seen some people point out the wording to the rule and how it's kind of vague and seems unenforceable. Going to have to see what happens. These broadcast modules are not cheap and I beat someone in congress has a company that makes something that all these modules have lol. That's the only reason why drones where even on the radar when there are bigger issues out there.

Only Anafi ai and usa are US capable of RID so far. Anafi 4k is not capable.
:(. I wish Parrot would provide a solution for Anafi 4k. It’s a seasoned drone, but still love flying it. Probably going to end up buying an Autel Lite + as my next drone, but would rather spend my money on Parrot if they had a prosumer alternative.

Actually Anafi USA has a dedicated app now called Freeflight 6 USA. Came out a few months back. I was hopeful same as you that standard Anafi FF6 would be updated to support RID but not so much now since they released the USA version.
I wonder will the FF6 USA app work with the reg Anafi? Worth a try.

Geez....I wanted to keep it but I have to put it up for sale now.
This is AnutheMostHigh from YouTube I'm subscribed to you also, and that is some BS Parrot will not just update the app to mitigate the issue, but hey I guess this is how big corp make their money by forcing people to make decisions like selling a drone that is really great.

:(. I wish Parrot would provide a solution for Anafi 4k. It’s a seasoned drone, but still love flying it. Probably going to end up buying an Autel Lite + as my next drone, but would rather spend my money on Parrot if they had a prosumer alternative.
i would recommend dji mini 3 pro or Fimi X8 Pro(600 $)……..Fimi is da beast,just did my 2nd flight in rain today,amazing…snow and rainproof,comes with megafon and release module(2in1) and soon they should be selling 4g transmission module,hopefully approved for US….

Reactions: DroneKing
i would recommend dji mini 3 pro or Fimi X8 Pro(600 $)……..Fimi is da beast,just did my 2nd flight in rain today,amazing…snow and rainproof,comes with megafon and release module(2in1) and soon they should be selling 4g transmission module,hopefully approved for US….
Yeah that Fimi X8 Pro looks promising.

From what I am hearing and reading, looks like RID is going to be postponed again??? Saw a note from pilot institute. Anyone sure that this is a thing?

parrot wont do it,on the faa rid list there is only anafi ai and anafi usa…..parrot wont spend a cent on anafi 4k….got 6 months ,lets wait foe cheep module 🙄

Reactions: jaja6009
Get your content and do what you want to do now while you can and stop crying about it. Remember, these things are just looked at as consumables for most. In that aspect, once something is out, the plan was always to make the next thing and chances are that they were already making the AI after the thermal and USA was released. It's like they let DJI and AUTEL take the art and creative space and Parrot decided to stick with the corpo and government contracts route. Right now it seems that the more people that buy the AI, the funds from those sales go to more of the military, surveillance and defense funds of the company.

I think since they do provide some APK's someone could rewrite some code to broadcast it and have it broadcast. I've been looking at the Parrot SDKs and APK's and they seem pretty simple to program. You can even use scratch to program these things which is cool to me because it at least tells me that you can mess with some parameters at least.

Get your content and do what you want to do now while you can and stop crying about it. Remember, these things are just looked at as consumables for most. In that aspect, once something is out, the plan was always to make the next thing and chances are that they were already making the AI after the thermal and USA was released. It's like they let DJI and AUTEL take the art and creative space and Parrot decided to stick with the corpo and government contracts route. Right now it seems that the more people that buy the AI, the funds from those sales go to more of the military, surveillance and defense funds of the company.

I think since they do provide some APK's someone could rewrite some code to broadcast it and have it broadcast. I've been looking at the Parrot SDKs and APK's and they seem pretty simple to program. You can even use scratch to program these things which is cool to me because it at least tells me that you can mess with some parameters at least.
Even if someone might be able to have it broadcast, it needs a DOC to be legit unfortunately.

parrot wont do it,on the faa rid list there is only anafi ai and anafi usa…..parrot wont spend a cent on anafi 4k….got 6 months ,lets wait foe cheep module 🙄
I am hoping that the Holy Stone module listed on the FAA DOC lookup will be low priced. It is still not listed for sale but hopefully it will be cheap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53