Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

anafi help please long winded post but help needed

cossiejay

Reaction score
ok from the start had a small crash with the anafi no visible damage at all but now the drone will not calibrate it hangs on the calibration screen the gimbal will not calibrate so it will not take off the camera still move zooms in and if i move the drone by had it i does what it should when i go into freeflight 6 i can not adjust the flight parameters they are all on 0 for distance and height try to move them and they spring back to 0
the anafi is on latest update and updated without a problem skycontroller 3 is up todate freeflight 6 is uptodate and i have tryed my iphone ipad and a samsung tablet all the same
it connects to wifi fine connects to skycontroller fine just wont take off all motors are green in the app camera is red or amber sometimes says calibration needed and sometimes camera unavailible

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
It is possible your small crash\drop or bump might have dislodged one of the connectors to the camera. The only way to know is to open it up. There is a video made by Parrot on how to do this. Basically all you have to do is take the shell apart to get at the connections. They might look connected but many times they are not seated properly and just need a little push back on. Look at this repair manual to help guide you. If it is still under warranty see if you can get a replacement instead.

Attachments

• how_to_repair_anafi.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
It is possible your small crash\drop or bump might have dislodged one of the connectors to the camera. The only way to know is to open it up. There is a video made by Parrot on how to do this. Basically all you have to do is take the shell apart to get at the connections. They might look connected but many times they are not seated properly and just need a little push back on. Look at this repair manual to help guide you. If it is still under warranty see if you can get a replacement instead.
thank you seen all the breakdowns but donot feel comfortable attempting to take it apart

Well perhaps a local hobby shop might be able to help you out. Some are still around and most know someone with the skills to take it apart and put it back together. Not saying they can fix it but sounds like a option for you.

Well perhaps a local hobby shop might be able to help you out. Some are still around and most know someone with the skills to take it apart and put it back together. Not saying they can fix it but sounds like a option for you.
thank you tried loads already from google seems no one wants to try unless its dji watched the videos a couple of times going to try to just remove the covers see if anything sticks out also got parrotsupport looking into it but i can not remember when i bought it

thank you tried loads already from google seems no one wants to try unless its dji watched the videos a couple of times going to try to just remove the covers see if anything sticks out also got parrotsupport looking into it but i can not remember when i bought it

Well good luck. I can tell you its not really that hard to take the shell apart and look inside. It will most likely look normal. If you take something like a orange peeler that is plastic you can push on the connections and not worry about doing any damage. Just be careful. I don't really expect Parrot support to be to helpful. Good luck. You can always part it out for parts. There is always someone looking for one or the other from the Anafi as parts are hard to come by. Probably make more then what its worth if you have the time to wait for payments. LOL

ok from the start had a small crash with the anafi no visible damage at all but now the drone will not calibrate it hangs on the calibration screen the gimbal will not calibrate so it will not take off the camera still move zooms in and if i move the drone by had it i does what it should when i go into freeflight 6 i can not adjust the flight parameters they are all on 0 for distance and height try to move them and they spring back to 0
the anafi is on latest update and updated without a problem skycontroller 3 is up todate freeflight 6 is uptodate and i have tryed my iphone ipad and a samsung tablet all the same
it connects to wifi fine connects to skycontroller fine just wont take off all motors are green in the app camera is red or amber sometimes says calibration needed and sometimes camera unavailible
Trust me, if you have a steady hand and a good video showing you how to perform the repairs, its a lot less expensive that taking it to a hobby shop or sending it back to PARROT for repairs. Take the plunge, You Can Do It!

Reactions: MustangPhil
You may also want to try a hard reset of drone - simple to do
see attached troubleshooting guide for gimbal issues

Hard Reset
Power ANAFI on (short press on the battery’s power button).
Wait for the gimbal to calibrate (or for the gimbal calibration to fail).
Press and hold the battery’s power button: after 8 seconds the battery’s LED light up in red, one after the other.
When the 4 LED are red, release the battery’s power button: ANAFI powers off briefly then reboots.
Check the contents of ANAFI’s microSD card: the hard reset procedure has generated a .TXT document named “wifi_security_key” at the root of the microSD card.
This document confirms the hard reset procedure is complete and successful.

Soft Reset
Power up drone and connect thru FF6
Select drone icon on top of screen
Then scroll to bottom of on right of screen below map
there you will find a a reset button
One done it should prompt you for camera calibration
I'm not sure if there is a difference between hard and soft resets
But may be worth a try
Good luck

Attachments

• troubleshooting_anafi (2).pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 3