Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi just turned itself off?

Rizzo08

Reaction score
I was in my yard and the drone was hovering 3' off the ground, it just went quiet and dropped.

I went thru my phone to find the log for that flight, I do not know how to open or use it to see if it's a battery error or what happened. I have isolated the battery that this happened with and won't be using it until I can find out more.

I am running Android 12 on a Pixel phone, All batteries updated and so was this drone and controller in the last month. FF6.76
250838752_404775354447474_8430757742361990059_n.png250994476_6976916625655370_4111914531320350833_n.png

Watching with great interest...Throwing it out there: "Was the battery cold?"

Last edited:
Sounds like the "fall from sky" that pops up around here every so often.
Check the battery capacity screen. After connection to the drone (Before you press the Fly button, you press the drone icon and scroll down a bit).
Battery capacity is not the same as the battery percentage. It is more like the health of the battery.

Also if you use the modded Free Flight 6 it will show the battery voltage which can further help to diagnose your battery.

I have had 2 fall from sky events, but have also tested to make it happen while over a pillow.

Also my older batteries are showing a battery percentage that is no where near the true voltage. I had a battery make a forced autolanding that showed 3% battery percentage, but was showing 7200 mv on the modded Freeflight 6.

Reactions: Rizzo08
Check the battery capacity screen. After connection to the drone (Before you press the Fly button, you press the drone icon and scroll down a bit).
Battery capacity is not the same as the battery percentage. It is more like the health of the battery.

Also if you use the modded Free Flight 6 it will show the battery voltage which can further help to diagnose your battery.

I have had 2 fall from sky events, but have also tested to make it happen while over a pillow.

Also my older batteries are showing a battery percentage that is no where near the true voltage. I had a battery make a forced autolanding that showed 3% battery percentage, but was showing 7200 mv on the modded Freeflight 6.

Thanks for the reply.

Screen says Max battery capacity at 95%, 31 flights and 3:49:33 total flight time. Last Motor Error = No Error.

I'll look into Modded FF.

With that battery health along with your battery percentage at the time of power loss, your fall seems like my Anafi Thermal's fall. 70-80% battery, the battery was in good health and the drone just dropped. I have no explanation as it was not a bad battery. I had no flight log to even review as it lost power 270 feet AGL and was destroyed on impact with the street. I still do not have an explanation for that one.

My regular Anafi's fall was at 17% battery with a bad battery. I was not using the modded Free Flight at the time. But that Anafi survived and I installed the modded Free Flight 6 and did a test over a pillow. Right at 17% the voltage was around 6600 mV and it fell right onto the pillow. The true battery percentage was obviously 0%.

Oh, Also I have hear of some folks refusing to update the software to the newest. How do you even do that? It seems like it forces you to update to even start the drone or FF App.

The blackbox telemetry shows batt voltage for the last 60 seconds on the non-mod FF6 - it would be worth reviewing that to determine what happened.

For reference here is what my "bad" battery showed in a test over a pillow.
The battery was charged to 100% several hours before but only showed 94% when turned on.
At 18% and 6580 mV she dropped on the pillow after a split second earlier starting an autoland.

% Health/CapacityPercentageVoltage

Reactions: BRC and Liger 1956
The log files need to be decompressed using anything which can handle gzip files (winrar, 7zip, etc).

Then the resulting file is in JSON format which you can use the latest version of Show Anafi Log program.

Reactions: BRC
You can find Show Anafi Log program here
In addition to looking at the blackbox telemetry log file for voltage you can also view the actual flight log data for any errors / alarms

Last edited:

Jaja6009: Thank you for the tip within here, but it took me a while to figure out that the text underneath the map scrolls ( I was trying to scroll the entire page lol!). Continue on... ;)

Last edited:
Oh, Also I have hear of some folks refusing to update the software to the newest. How do you even do that? It seems like it forces you to update to even start the drone or FF App.
To this day, the 1.6.3 firmware works perfectly for me. It has never forced me to update the firmware because I have not updated freeflight 6. On startup, the current firmware is displayed in green, but you don't have to press it and it doesn't update.
I don't understand people: why do they always update, even when they don't get any extra features and their drone is currently working fine...
Almost every post starts with: locked, won't start, acting weird, even though I just updated...

Well, in my case I'd never owned an Anafi until last month. As it was a refurb it naturally wasn't a new build with current firmwares (and what is these days...Thermals maybe??). FF6 revised the very week my Anafi arrived, so zero choice for me. What a confidence killer at the start. It's stable now but getting there was brutal! I'll not be updating from here on out, trust me.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
To this day, the 1.6.3 firmware works perfectly for me. It has never forced me to update the firmware because I have not updated freeflight 6. On startup, the current firmware is displayed in green, but you don't have to press it and it doesn't update.
I don't understand people: why do they always update, even when they don't get any extra features and their drone is currently working fine...
Almost every post starts with: locked, won't start, acting weird, even though I just updated...
Well, because the manufacturers always say that is the safest way to operate our drones (even if sometimes is not true) But that's why

Well, because the manufacturers always say that is the safest way to operate our drones (even if sometimes is not true) But that's why
There is only one reason why they say this:
Because it's a way for them to dodge responsibility. If your drone crashed and it didn't have the latest firmware, they put their hands up and say, "We're sorry...

I send all my flights to airdata for years now . Airdata gives you good data on cells (and everything else) I have been using airdata for all my drones good place to look for problems.

Going to go fly this one now and see how it looks'

1637785176576.png

The above graph doesnt give you the details you have to drill down

1637785062519.png
1637785122336.png

Same battery a couple weeks earlier deviations are there however not enough to replace
1637785297710.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut