Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Maximum Descent Speed

Thor

Reaction score
I'm looking to get an Anafi to film professional skiers but one thing I've noticed with my mavic pro is I can't keep up with the athletes for very long due to the slow rate of descent. I've been looking everywhere to find the maximum descent rate of the Anafi but can't seem to find the information anywhere. Does anyone know what the maximum descent rate possible is?? Also, I know the upper vertical ceiling is 150 meters but is there a lower limit to the vertical distance I can travel below me?? Thanks!!

The App says Max vertical speed is 13.1 ft\sec.
I don't think you will be capped out on a negative distance although I have never tried it.

I would think so but I cannot say for sure. I really don't play around with the settings to much. I get them to where I like them and try not to disturb them anymore then I have to.

The problem with descent rate on rotary wings aircrafts is that isn't a performance parameter, it's a physical question. Descending straight down generates a kind of turbulence called Vortex ring state, that the aircraft will have to fly within, this is why manufacturers limit the descening. I think the max sink rate for the anafi is about 2, max 3 meters/s.

More about: How Do Drones Fly? Physics, of Course! and Vortex ring state - Wikipedia

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Vertical speed is one of the adjustable settings in the film and sport profiles and can be set up to 4m/s max, that's both up and down.

Mavic can "unofficially" be easily tweaked up to 10m/s.

As long as you're also moving longitudinally while descending which you will be a fast descent is not a problem.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Vertical speed is one of the adjustable settings in the film and sport profiles and can be set up to 4m/s max, that's both up and down.

Mavic can "unofficially" be easily tweaked up to 10m/s.

As long as you're also moving longitudinally while descending which you will be a fast descent is not a problem.

Yes, descending in a corkscrew patern helps a lot to maintain stability when going down, but, straight vertical descend in high speed is dangerous, I've seen some crashes with Mavics and Sparks with flight parameters modified via DJI Assistant. The drone just banked too much when going down and this caused the motors to shut down and fall like a dead weight...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut