Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI original battery cells or retrofit in a shop (For European customers)

MustangPhil

Reaction score
Hello European fellow forumers,

I’d like to have your opinion on the following price list and service to ‘renew’ our good old Anafi battery cells with the same cells used by Parrot (same Cells Ref, same dimensions, 8C discharge rates, and same weight) :

- 39€ for the 2 cells battery, you would be in charge of opening your original battery pack, replace and solder the new battery, close the pack. You could buy the cells in a shop or via a web order on their website (usual shipment fees would be applied)
- 69€ for the full retrofit service : You bring your old batteries to a shop, they do the work for you, you get it back after an appointment (in shop only, not a web based service)

The energy reseller that would propose this is a company I know in France (1001 piles) but that are present all across Europe (1001 batteries...).

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject !

Does the energy reseller have any shops in the UK as at present buying things from the EU can result in some very high postage/tax fees for us due to the Brexit "agreement".

As much as I observed. There are two major problems. The demand of this cell is not as high as expected. Go check out the sale count on GiFI site. They launched the sales since one month ago but could sold out 4 batteries only worldwide.... And to ship cells out of UK. The DHL/UPS/FedEx must be used + EU import tax $$$$...etc. It's almost unprofitabe.

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
@Liger 1956 For UK, the price includes taxes as the warehouse is based in France and regular shipments are sent to Great Britain to their distributors. Handling fees from France to Europe are included in the price.

The problem now with Brexit is just the delay (around 15 days) for the shipment to reach the UK due to a longer process at customs. This delay is going now to shorten.

The reseller in the UK is www.AllBatteries.co.uk and unfortunately they do not offer the full service of dismounting-soldering-remounting at their office. So for the UK, the only solution would be the raw cells, sold on their website, with a £3,5 Shipment fee to the final customer that buys the cell from the England based resseler.

Sorry this big energy company is not established (yet) in the US nor in eastern countries.

Chinese resselers like GiFi are sending their batteries from their warehouse in China (via regular postage), in the hope not to get caught by the custom office. If so, extra costs will apply to the final customer...
It is written in their commercial agreement pages : Customs & Taxes - www.gifipower.com
GiFi Power does also sell via DHL or other transport companies that pay taxes, but the final price of the battery is higher than the original ones sold by Parrot.

The swaping-service will be possible for instance in the shops based in France (1001 piles et batteries), in Spain (1001 batterias pilas) and in Brussels.

Last edited:
Sold 4 only in one month.... what demand do you expect...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 18.18.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 18.18.12.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Because one of my three batteries is not in good health, I could be interrested to buy 2 cells to renew it.
But, usual shipment fees could be maybe 3 or 10€.
At 10 or even 7€, I won’t order it.
Also because of this covid, we must go back home very soon, i won’t use my anafi for now, so i won’t refresh my battery for now also.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Hello Fmaxii,

As you are French and live in Rennes, in my proposition you would not pay any shipment fees.

All you would have to do is buy directly the battery for 39€ each double cell battery (or 2x39€ for 2 double cells) in your town at a 1001 piles store (the address for your town is 37 rue St Heliers, 35000 Rennes).

But as I see there is not much interest in this proposition, I may tell them to wait and see.

@AnafiPilot1 , you mention you already have a stock of these batteries in England, could you tell us the number of cells you bought and the price you would sell the item ‘at cost’ ? (Or is it 5£ for each battery ?)

I am selling the cells at cost + shipping which was just under £5 each.

Cannot offer installation however.
I am seriously interested in grabbing some of these batteries ready to repair the 2 I have when needed. But I am a little confused as to whether these batteries are currently in the UK and you can ship to me in the UK OR are they in France and would need shipping to UK.

If all is UK based, could you DM me your paypal or bank transfer details and I will purchase from you.

Many thanks

@AnafiPilot1 I may also be interested in buying some spare batteries in case mine fail in the future. What do you think the shelf life of the unused batteries would be if kept at storage voltage?

Thanks for the info, could you just confirm the price ?
I am seriously interested in grabbing some of these batteries ready to repair the 2 I have when needed. But I am a little confused as to whether these batteries are currently in the UK and you can ship to me in the UK OR are they in France and would need shipping to UK.

If all is UK based, could you DM me your paypal or bank transfer details and I will purchase from you.

Many thanks
@AnafiPilot1 I may also be interested in buying some spare batteries in case mine fail in the future. What do you think the shelf life of the unused batteries would be if kept at storage voltage?

The cost price of the cells are much cheaper but including the shipping costs to us - they work out to around £5 cost each, hence why I am happy to sell them for £5 each plus shipping cost to you.

We have decided to not stock them going forward as I don't believe the market is big enough to make it worthwhile.

Unconnected cells at storage voltage (~3.8v) should be useable for several years - don't store them too hot or too cold, and check that the voltage has not dropped below 3.3v every 6 to 12 months. Self discharge is very low for these when not connected to anything and stored at 40 to 50% capacity.

The batteries I have were wrapped 2nd week of December, 2020, so are very fresh. Still at factory supplied float voltage (~ 3.86v).

I'd like to buy a few, too - please let me know how to order etc...

Be careful guys. I'm pretty sure Parrot uses LiHV lipo cells and these cells might be regular non HV cells.

No both cells @AnafiPilot1 and I are dealing with are LiHV cells from the exact same reference as Parrot (same subcontractor named Grepow and same listing ref, voltage, dimensions and weight).

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320