Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi repairability -- unique?

geekdaddy

Reaction score
Semi-new Anafi owner here and had a crash a few weeks ago. Relatively mild damage with a broken rear leg but motors, electronics, camera, and sensors seemed ok. I was pleased to find online videos and an (official?) Parrot disassembly manual for the Anafi. Parts were available on Amazon and eBay but a forum member here was the best option for what I needed.

I am impressed with how many resources there are for DIY repairs on the Anafi. It was a bit challenging to disassemble and reassemble several small parts and connectors but the Anafi seems well designed for serviceability.
I recall the GoPro Karma also has repair resources and (for the time being) an ample supply of parts.

Is this unique compared with other drones? Several forum members fly other drones in addition to their Anafi. How do Autel, Skydio, and DJI owners fare vs the Anafi for DIY repairs?

This is my only drone, near 300 flights, 3 little crashes (only had to replace some propellers), and 1 big one last Sunday (a too high tree probably hit at maximum speed, 30 m drop down to soil: only 1 front leg broken, no camera damage !).
Mechanic pack received today.
Good videos and documentation to disassemble anafi, unless 1 problem.
My anafi has 2 screws not mentioned in documentation nor videos... and the furnished torx key is too big for those screws...
Does somebody could help me to purchase the good torx key ?

Attachments

• IMG_9493.JPG
    IMG_9493.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 17
This is my only drone, near 300 flights, 3 little crashes (only had to replace some propellers), and 1 big one last Sunday (a too high tree probably hit at maximum speed, 30 m drop down to soil: only 1 front leg broken, no camera damage !).
My anafi has 2 screws not mentioned in documentation nor videos... and the furnished torx key is too big for those screws...
Go to the DIY store closest to you and buy a set of torx bits. At home, try experimentally choosing the right size. That's it ...

I do not have my set with me currently but I think the two screws next to the battery connector are either Torx T4 or T5, they can be a difficult size to find.

I only have them on my expensive Wiha Torx screwdriver set.

I do not have my set with me currently but I think the two screws next to the battery connector are either Torx T4 or T5, they can be a difficult size to find.

I only have them on my expensive Wiha Torx screwdriver set.
i tried my own stock: Torx T4 is good

Thanks, I found better quality (and ESD) on conrad.fr. The problem is not the price, but knowing which key is required, and finally the delay to repair...
Mechanical kit is announced to contain required tools. I found the propeller torx size in another thread from Anafi Thermal video: TX 6 for propellers and most of anafi screws.
Next step Wednesday...

Exactly!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood