Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Technical Whitepaper

• Thread starter Deleted member 3201
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3201

Some good info in here! Didn't find it but please delete if it is already posted.

" The mechanical structure of ANAFI is made of carbon fiber reinforced polyamide, lightened by hollow glass beads."

" 2.2.2 HDR
The HDR algorithm restores up to 14 EV. The sensor exposes half of the pixels over a long period while the other half are exposed for a shorter period, avoiding artefacts due to movement. Both exposures are then fused to produce an image of the same definition as that native to the sensor (21MP) while optimizing contrast and reducing resolution loss in the finer details of the image." that would explain some loss in resolution.

"ANAFI’s flight controller uses an Ambarella H22 processor, an MPU-6000 Invensense IMU, an AK8963 AKM magnetometer, an UBX-M8030U-BLOX GPS, an ultrasonar, a barometer and a vertical camera."

" Since FreeFlight 6.5, users can import JSON files flight plans to the application. The flight plans created in FreeFlight 6 are also readable and editable from computers."

"
6.3.5 USB-C Interface
The battery’s USB-C port allows for external charging of a device such as a 4G USB key; a CO2 sensor; any other compatible device connected through USB.
6.3.6 Powerbank
The battery can be used as a power bank for many types of devices (smartphone, tablet, etc.)."

I never knew
this was a documented feature, sorry for the user who I made fun of because of it

I need 7Gs so I can own an Anafi USA
I read the Anafi USA whitepaper and I don’t understand the high price. It has an Anafi (thermal) with a larger battery and and a zoom camera. Same image processing unit, same GPS receiver, same giro sensor, same compass chip, same barometer chip, same vertical camera, and ultrasound sensor. Méd the remote control and the FF6 are the same. The modifications are small compared to the price: Other propeller blades, other motors, larger battery, 1 optical zoom camera, stronger wifi transceiver, bigger and stronger body, waterproof coating on the motherboard and rubber seal in the battery. It's worth a 2x fold price, but not $ 7,000 ...

Reactions: BRC
I read the Anafi USA whitepaper and I don’t understand the high price. It has an Anafi (thermal) with a larger battery and and a zoom camera. Same image processing unit, same GPS receiver, same giro sensor, same compass chip, same barometer chip, same vertical camera, and ultrasound sensor. Méd the remote control and the FF6 are the same. The modifications are small compared to the price: Other propeller blades, other motors, larger battery, 1 optical zoom camera, stronger wifi transceiver, bigger and stronger body, waterproof coating on the motherboard and rubber seal in the battery. It's worth a 2x fold price, but not $ 7,000 ...
Yup. The price more reflects that they are trying to sell to the US Military and are the cheapest option of the five drones approved so far.

May
Yup. The price more reflects that they are trying to sell to the US Military and are the cheapest option of the five drones approved so far.

Maybe but the Military version is the Anafi UA with a different controller.

I suspect the costs is all down to the fact that it is being built in the USA.

If it was being built in China, they probably could charge 2x Anafi price.

May

Maybe but the Military version is the Anafi UA with a different controller.

I suspect the costs is all down to the fact that it is being built in the USA.

If it was being built in China, they probably could charge 2x Anafi price.
Without a doubt they could bring the cost down with a China build.... but even building in the US doesn't justify the price. Skydio and Autel drones are both made in the US at a lower price. Anafi USAs price was chosen to pad the coffers should they get lucrative military contracts..... if they fail to sell to the military and have to really market to enterprise customers, you will see the price fall with out any significant changes.

If the military contracts come....I predict a 2.0 version of the Anafi USA will follow pretty quickly, correcting some of its shortcomings. We can only hope that there will be a trickle down to consumer level. Though they claim otherwise, I feel Parrot may exit the toy drone market completely. I love my Anafis but our hardware is on the cusp of obsolescence. Both Anafi & Anafi USA need a refresh too stay relevant.

Without a doubt they could bring the cost down with a China build.... but even building in the US doesn't justify the price. Skydio and Autel drones are both made in the US at a lower price. Anafi USAs price was chosen to pad the coffers should they get lucrative military contracts..... if they fail to sell to the military and have to really market to enterprise customers, you will see the price fall with out any significant changes.

If the military contracts come....I predict a 2.0 version of the Anafi USA will follow pretty quickly, correcting some of its shortcomings. We can only hope that there will be a trickle down to consumer level. Though they claim otherwise, I feel Parrot may exit the toy drone market completely. I love my Anafis but our hardware is on the cusp of obsolescence. Both Anafi & Anafi USA need a refresh too stay relevant.

Yes I agree.

If the UA and USA models do not sell well, Parrot just do not have the financial clout to stay in business - so they may have a final push in the consumer space as a last straw attempt at staying in business - and we may get a hybrid Anafi with some of the trickle down features from the USA/UA model.

we already have a hybrid anafi with trickled down features in a way; anafi thermal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood