Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi uncontrollable at take off and then crashes

Reaction score
Hello , I’ve had my drone 9 months now and had no problems or crashes . However now when I try take off it is Uncontrollable and just pulls off to the side what is causing this?

have you changed damaged propellers at all??? , and have you tried doing a compass calibration?

Last edited:
I would stop flying it. Only after a short few years anafi went the way of the bebops. I'm pretty sure an un fixable or un patchable flaw was discovered. Take the sting as many if us were forced to do and move in to something with support and parts availibilty, and avoid the bogus prices.

what location are you in when doing the compass/imu calibration...as the Anafi is over sensitive to metals when carrying out the procedure....and do you have the phone/tablet in flight mode?

Just flying it around in the farm yard like I have done many times before, and no not in flight mode never have been?
it cuts the propellers out after a couple seconds sometimes too

sounds like you have a hardware/firmware problem somewhere on the drone......and there is no way to roll the firmware back....

that I can't say for sure..... I did have a look around the web and it seems you are not alone with the problem......plus the fact that I doubt Parrot would be of any help to you as I believe they stopped production of the drone back in 2018

that I can't say for sure..... I did have a look around the web and it seems you are not alone with the problem......plus the fact that I doubt Parrot would be of any help to you as I believe they stopped production of the drone back in 2018
Sell it for parts and go back to DJI then

Hello , I’ve had my drone 9 months now and had no problems or crashes . However now when I try take off it is Uncontrollable and just pulls off to the side what is causing this?
Some answers are already in this thread.
I would check:
1. All propellers are ok and can move freely?
2. After changing propellers: are the R and L types at their correct places?
3. Do you start your drone from a surface with metal parts in it like a table with metal legs or from concrete?
4. If you did the compass calibration: were you away from metal structures?
5. Did you try a hard reset?
6. If the motors shut down sometimes during a flight (with full battery!), there might be a hardware problem with a motor or the motor controller board.
7. If you turn the motors manually: do they turn freely with some magnetic sawtooth feeling? Perhaps clean the motors with compressed air.
8. Try hoovering for a longer time. What happens?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafiai