Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi versus DJI Mini 2

Explorer

Reaction score
Hi to all the experienced Parrott members here

I am totally new and was hoping to ask for advice before buying either the Anafi or the DJI mini2.

May I ask which one you would choose, based on your extensive experience?

From my side as a total newbie, I noted that the Anafi is not monitored like a nanny as DJI does with its drones (NFZ etc.) and can withstand gusts of up to 80 km/hour (high winds are common here) and below zero temperatures, and apparently the body is extremely hard (compared to the Mini 2). I also saw a youtube video of an altitude of 1 km being reached (not that I intend breeching any rules). I also like the reports of it being silent and unobtrusive. Does anyone know if the Mini 2 is equally silent?

Can one conclude that the Anafi is better than the Mini2 in terms of performing in strong winds?

Then if I may ask. I have seen so many videos of the range of the Anafi with different figures and loss of video wifi signal, which I realize is a negative point compared to the Mini2.

In your experience is it reasonable to conclude that the FCC version should reach an urban range on average of 1 kilometre?

I am not sure how some people reached almost 7 kilometres in rural areas?

Finally may I ask if the zoom functions whilst recording video?

Do you think I will be making an error to choose the Anafi above the Mini 2?

Thank you again to everyone for all your advice. I highly appreciate it.

Best wishes

Stephen

Anafi every time for me. Had the Mavic Mini, useless in any wind, poor range, no follow me, no autonomous flight. Anafi is awesome.

I agree with Oneeyedparrot, except, anafi is just a quiet drone which no other drones in the market can compare, the 90 degree angle camera view is unique and and the 3x zoom is amazing in the video footage, the 4k/30fps video and 21MP still photo ability are great, I have a fleet of 3 anafi and enjoy the flying with them, as a photographer my main purpose with anafi is taking still photos and sometimes shoot video footage, but not searching for a distance attempt.

Last edited:
Anafi every time for me. Had the Mavic Mini, useless in any wind, poor range, no follow me, no autonomous flight. Anafi is awesome.
The Mavic Mini (1) had no ocosync, not the Air 2/Mavic Mini2 remote, not the stronger motors, not the 6k (advertised are 10k!) range.
I think, to compare the Mini with the Anafi, in special after it got asked for the Mini 2, is not really helpfull!

Reactions: RainyShadow
Hi to all the experienced Parrott members here

I am totally new and was hoping to ask for advice before buying either the Anafi or the DJI mini2.

May I ask which one you would choose, based on your extensive experience?

From my side as a total newbie, I noted that the Anafi is not monitored like a nanny as DJI does with its drones (NFZ etc.) and can withstand gusts of up to 80 km/hour (high winds are common here) and below zero temperatures, and apparently the body is extremely hard (compared to the Mini 2). I also saw a youtube video of an altitude of 1 km being reached (not that I intend breeching any rules). I also like the reports of it being silent and unobtrusive. Does anyone know if the Mini 2 is equally silent?

Can one conclude that the Anafi is better than the Mini2 in terms of performing in strong winds?

Then if I may ask. I have seen so many videos of the range of the Anafi with different figures and loss of video wifi signal, which I realize is a negative point compared to the Mini2.

In your experience is it reasonable to conclude that the FCC version should reach an urban range on average of 1 kilometre?

I am not sure how some people reached almost 7 kilometres in rural areas?

Finally may I ask if the zoom functions whilst recording video?

Do you think I will be making an error to choose the Anafi above the Mini 2?

Thank you again to everyone for all your advice. I highly appreciate it.

Best wishes

Stephen
You have to decide what is important to you:
Flight time: Anafi 25 minutes, Mini2 32 minutes
No-fly zones: No Anafi, Mini2 exists
Gimbal: Anafi 2 axles, Mini 3 axles
Control: Anafi WiFi 4Km, Mini2 Ocusync2 10Km
Tracking mode: Anafi Cameraman, GPS follow me, Mini2 none
Mission flight: Anafi GPS lapse, waypoint, Mini2 none
FPV mode: Anafi exists, Mini2 does not
Max wind resistance: Anafi 50km / h, Mini2 38Km / h
Volume: Anafi low noise with low pitch, Mini noisier
Control software: Anafi is fast and intuitive, Mini2 is a must learn
Customer Service: Parrot is not helpful, DJI correct
Replacement battery: Anafi 85euro, Mini2 55euro

In summary, the Anafi has better flight characteristics and a lot of autonomous and smart flight characteristics, and the DJI Mini has longer range and flight time and better parts and customer service.

That's all I can think of now ...

Hi and thank you to all the most helpful and welcoming members.

I really seriously am in 2 minds here. A pity I cant buy both.

Gipsz Jakab

May I ask do you really believe the range of the Anafi is 4km? If it was 4km, the not much of a difference to the Mini practically speaking. I saw a youtube video where they said the Anafi is more complex to fly for a newbie, compared to the Mini 2, but you say it is the converse?

jspg

May i ask is the 3 x zoom of the Anafi of better quality than the 4x zoom of the Mini2? Does one simply get a closer view with the Mini 2, but better quality with the Anafi?

Has anyone had problems with the cap that fits over the SD card re the Anafi?

Ana789 I think you are saying the mini 2 can handdle stromg winds? Do you prefer it?​

Thank you to everyone here, I highly appreciate it, By the way I read some stories of the Anafi falling out of the sky

Hi Agustine

Thank you for this, but may I ask you and the rest of the experienced members, what the maximum altitude is when using the Anafi to follow me autonomously while I drive my car?

And I presume this is not possible with the Mini2?

Thank you again Agustine and to everyone else for your excellent advice.

Best wishes

Since the last update I have not been able to use follow me mode. I have not figured out if it is my Anafi or something I am doing wrong or just a bad firmware.

The Mavic Mini (1) had no ocosync, not the Air 2/Mavic Mini2 remote, not the stronger motors, not the 6k (advertised are 10k!) range.
I think, to compare the Mini with the Anafi, in special after it got asked for the Mini 2, is not really helpfull!
I’m only sharing my experience, and mini 2 is not that much different from 1, yes motors are slightly more powerful but bet it can’t cope with strong gusty winds like the Anafi can, and one more great feature of the Anafi is it can be flown from a mobile phone only, great when you want to travel light like I do sometimes and grab that shot. Mini 2 is handicapped by its light weight, it just gets blown away. Anafi has it all out of the box, no contest, that’s my opinion, DJI will always hold back on features to sell more and more. How long has Anafi been out versus the Mini?

Hi Ana789 and Agustine and everyone else

Thank you for this. What a great pity it is so complex to extend the range of the Anafi,

On another note, may I ask about what

Gipsz Jakab said above?​

He said the Anafi has FPV whereas the Mini 2 does not. I was under the impression they both have a camera for FPV?

Thank you to you and everyone else

Best wishes

Please don’t get to hung up on range, the Mini2 now has occusync to give it a range comparable to what Anafi already has but they are both capable of flying out of VLS.

The right answer may be to buy both on Amazon and keep the one you like. Everybody has their own preference and a drone is much more than its specs.

I.e. a Mac vs. PC. Mac may have inferior specs to PC, but some will prefer Mac, others PC. They're both right because they choose a platform that works for them.

Mini 2 is an amazing drone - though I always share my opinion that Mavic Air 2 is the best drone for 80% of the drone hobbyist. Air 2 price is comparable to Anafi - though Air 2 is priced slightly higher, but you get a TON of value.

If you search online or YouTube, you'll get people who love the anafi and you'll get others who love the mini 2 or air 2. So, the right answer for you may be to try out both and keep the one you like the most.

You may also want to look into how each company handles support/warranty requests - plenty of content online.

Good luck.

Hi

oneeyedparrot and​

socaldronezone

Thank you for this.

The farm is vast. As a total newbie and no electronic background, is there any "plug and play" device that I can buy to simply attach to increase the range without having to take anything apart? OR does it not exist?

Thank you again
Best wishes

Hi

oneeyedparrot and​

socaldronezone

Thank you for this.

The farm is vast. As a total newbie and no electronic background, is there any "plug and play" device that I can buy to simply attach to increase the range without having to take anything apart? OR does it not exist?

Thank you again
Best wishes
The design of the parrot controller is such that it prevents any range extenders to be attached to it. Your best bet - in terms of size (compact) and effectiveness is Alientech Pro. It will require controller modification and I would suggest professional installation. Covertdrones.com sells the range extender and installation services - though it is not cheap.

The parrot controller in my opinion is the company's weakest link. To me, it feels cheap, not ergonomic, and terrible reception.

A controller with traditional stick antenna has a few plug n play options - reflectors, for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up