Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone got a Mavic Mini as well for a comparison

MrQ11

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a Mavic Mini as well as Anafi.

Wondering what you think of them both - equal, better one way or other?

I’m deciding on one, I know more in here will say Anafi but wondered if anyone has both and can comment.

It’s for general personal use, nothing fancy, flying over coast mainly. Had a Bebop 2 but finding the video quality a bit poor now comparing to other drones. I know Anafi is 4K but the Mini 2.7K is massive step up and expect be enough.

Thanks

I’m deciding on one, I know more in here will say Anafi but wondered if anyone has both and can comment.

It’s for general personal use, nothing fancy, flying over coast mainly. Had a Bebop 2 but finding the video quality a bit poor now comparing to other drones. I know Anafi is 4K but the Mini 2.7K is massive step up and expect be enough.

Thanks
Hello!!

I have both and also had a Bebop2 before (bebop is now sleeping under the sea).

They are different and for me no one is better. Anafi has a good camera (bebop one was awful), and mini has it too. Resolution is not the same...

In building, i think materials are better on Mavic Mini. Above all the gimbal and camera estrcture are much better on Mavic........and my Anafi had gimbal broken with a normal use, no crashes and no other bad manipulation at all. Simply, on day it decided no work anymore. By luck, Amazon replaced it for a new one.

Mavic fly is fast on normal mode. Anafi flies a little bit slow. No one seems better for me in that aspect. Love both.

Video resolution is not very important for me. I preffer taking pictures and both cameras satisfy me needs.

Thats all. Sorry for my english...

Enviat des del meu ONEPLUS A5000 usant Tapatalk

The Mini doesnt shoot in DNG. This would be a deal breaker for me if i was just into taking photos.
This is RAW pic? I have DNG on Bebop 2 but it’s in fisheye format so haven’t really used it much.

Hello!!

They are different and for me no one is better. Anafi has a good camera (bebop one was awful), and mini has it too. Resolution is not the same...

In building, i think materials are better on Mavic Mini. Above all the gimbal and camera estrcture are much better on Mavic........and my Anafi had gimbal broken with a normal use, no crashes and no other bad manipulation at all. Simply, on day it decided no work anymore. By luck, Amazon replaced it for a new one.

Mavic fly is fast on normal mode. Anafi flies a little bit slow. No one seems better for me in that aspect. Love both.

Video resolution is not very important for me. I preffer taking pictures and both cameras satisfy me needs.

"Mavic fly is fast on normal mode. Anafi flies a little bit slow."
This makes no sense: The speed of the Anafi is adjustable!
If you find it slow, just make it faster.

Reactions: Metairieman55

Thanks

I think ANAFI is better:
- Anafi is quieter
- Anafi knows a lot of smart flying modes, eg. tracking
- RAW photo, P-log and HDR video, full photo-video control
- Anafi gimball can be adjusted to -180 degrees (upwards)
- Propellers never appear in video (even in sports mode)
- Anafi can zoom
- He's good at the wind
- Anafi does not play music on power up and does not produce annoying sound during RTH (discreet)
- Anafi battery can be charged with a simple USB-C cable
- Anafi remote control does not need to be turned on or unfolded, and connects faster than DJI machines
- Anafi gimball's moving button makes sense, because if you are upside down, the camera will move upwards
- Anafi gimball starts and stops slowly (cinematic feeling) zoom too
- Anafi can be switched from CE to FCC (ideally 4Km). Two different MavicMini's are sold to CE countries and FCC countries, and this can be a problem when traveling ...

What makes the Mavic Mini better:
- Better use of materials
- Small size, small weight
- 3-axis gimbal
- 30 minutes flight time
- More stable floating

Last edited:
When you say “batter at wind” that’s my most worrying wrt Mini. Where I would fly is on coast, up along river etc for ships.

Not sure compared to Bebop 2 but that flew fine. Wonder if Mini would. Anafi I’d imagine could as Parrot wouldn’t want to make it worse if

When you say “batter at wind” that’s my most worrying wrt Mini. Where I would fly is on coast, up along river etc for ships.

Not sure compared to Bebop 2 but that flew fine. Wonder if Mini would. Anafi I’d imagine could as Parrot wouldn’t want to make it worse if
This answer is confusing to me. English is not my native language and I don't understand what you want to say

I don’t own both but have compared one of my Anafi’s against a members Mini at my flying Club. The Mini lost. Our club is located on high exposed ground and is usually breezy. While my Anafi was taking everything in its stride the Mini was struggling to hold position in a 10 to 12 knot breeze. I also had my DJI Spark with me and that too surpassed the Mini in its ability to withstand the breeze.

What seems to be a common issue for the Mini in wind is the motors/ESC’s to become overloaded. When this happens it just drops. In the flight log there’s always multiple ESC/motor overload error messages.

The Mini is an ok drone but the problem is a lot of people are trying to use it as something it’s not. It’s a fun little camera drone, great as an extended tripod for simple shoots. What it isn’t is a serious consumer camera drone with a large flight envelope.

Nidge.

"Mavic fly is fast on normal mode. Anafi flies a little bit slow."
This makes no sense: The speed of the Anafi is adjustable!
If you find it slow, just make it faster.
Mavic is adjustable too....

Hello!!

Well said, nonetheless!

Edging towards the Mavic Mini. Anafi is probably £100 more thank the Mini fly more, and that’s only with 1 battery, no case etc. So in this way I think Mini is better value. I’d want at least another battery, and a case so that’s even more. Or the Anafi extended edition, that’s about £250 more.

It’s not all about money though tbh, I want it to perform ok, maybe as the base price is far apart between them both actually I shouldn’t be comparing them?

The biggest worry for me is the wind. Reading and watching stuff about MM is it going to be good enough for me where I want to fly around coast, mouth of river for ships etc.

Edging towards the Mavic Mini. Anafi is probably £100 more thank the Mini fly more, and that’s only with 1 battery, no case etc. So in this way I think Mini is better value. I’d want at least another battery, and a case so that’s even more. Or the Anafi extended edition, that’s about £250 more.

It’s not all about money though tbh, I want it to perform ok, maybe as the base price is far apart between them both actually I shouldn’t be comparing them?

The biggest worry for me is the wind. Reading and watching stuff about MM is it going to be good enough for me where I want to fly around coast, mouth of river for ships etc.

My maiden Anafi flights over a weekend ranged well above freezing to just at freezing with breezy conditions around 20 mph gusts. She did fairly well. This past weekend in 20 mph with 30 mph gusts, not so well. Consistently canted but did hold position fine. But pressing forward into the breeze, she was really fighting her limit.

I think the key is we can't expect sub-500g craft (along with the "weaker" motors) to perform like the big boys' beefier weights and power. I considered both the Mavic Mini and the Anafi. Actually, I craved the Anafi since it appeared but it went up to $800 for the Extended so I held off. When the Mini was released, it caught my eye @ $500 extended. Then Best Buy had a sale on the Anafi Extended down to $600. $100 more for 4k, slightly bigger airframe and the improvements since it's release. It wasn't a "10x better!" choice or anything.

I believe both drones are reasonable choices as long as we fly them cautiously and within their design. And NOT in a lot of wind . . . without the appropriate caution!

Anafi is better in features, camera, and wind resistance..mini is better for being more robust, slightly better range, and it’s flight time. I use the Anafi more than the mini however I always use the mini on my indoor complex flights( propcages are designed much better than the Anafis) I think the Anafi does so much more that the mini and is a much more valuable tool then the mini overall.

Anafi is better in features, camera, and wind resistance..mini is better for being more robust, slightly better range, and it’s flight time. I use the Anafi more than the mini however I always use the mini on my indoor complex flights( propcages are designed much better than the Anafis) I think the Anafi does so much more that the mini and is a much more valuable tool then the mini overall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
With the stimulus check, you will be able to buy both now.
so enjoy them.

just a friendly suggestion, please no national debt insults....
o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut