Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone know if Parrot Anafi can run on 4G LTE?

Paveluski

Reaction score
I wanted to know, does anyone know / tried to get 4G to work on a parrot Anafi? I live in a large city where drone flying is still legal and this mod would be ideal since the normal connection range I can get is less than 600ft due to Wifi congestion yet cellular towers are everywhere. I did some research and plan to continue, and it looks like it may be possible to use a modem through the back USB-c port, but i'm not sure if you can use the same files and soft-mods that are being used with the Disco and Bebop 2 for 4g. I haven't seen many talking about it though, so I need more info since I don't want to brick my drone by installing incompatible software, yet this mod would be more than ideal for me. I saw that this is an good place to ask, so if anyone knows anything about this please respond. Thanks.

Don't know the answers to your question but I'd the question on the UAVPAL Slack channel (Create Account | Slack ) Evidently it's possible to do the 4G mod on the Parrot Bebop 1 & 2....maybe someone who has done that mod can offer some advice.
Cheers

This guy did the Bebop mods and was going to do the same for the Anafi but he found it better to use this mod. I think it all came down to how much room was on the Anafi and battery life.

Reactions: kenrom
This guy did the Bebop mods and was going to do the same for the Anafi but he found it better to use this mod. I think it all came down to how much room was on the Anafi and battery life.

@Agustine, thanks for sharing...the design is pretty impressive but it doesn't look like this guy is in business anymore (all sold out). Also not sure how significant the gains are with this mod. The video didn't give me good vibes...all about making money...no goodwill..just my impression.

Last edited:
I got one of those skyshit 3 mods before he sold out. I'll update if you all would like to know more.

I guess it wouldn't mean much to know more if he doesn't restock.

I got one of those skyshit 3 mods before he sold out. I'll update if you all would like to know more.

Skyshit 3 mods doesn't ship to my country , is skyshit better than stock sontroller?
please share your video...

Mr.F, I'd be very interested in hearing the results of your testing...Please do share your results.
Thx.

Thanks for the responses, I’ll be sure to ask some others that are experienced in the bebop mods and disco 4g.

I too, would like to know the real story as to why there's no 4G mod available for the ANAFIs. As far as I have been able to gather, there was a porting attempt by SolAris (of SkyShit fame), but it was likely abandoned because the anemic battery system of the ANAFI made the tradeoffs too costly in terms of flight time/margin of safety. Can anyone confirm that this was indeed the case?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar