Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone successful changed the frontal lens glass on the Disco?

Lady Rover

Reaction score
Hi,

I bet there are a lot of scratched front lenses around. Did anyone sucessfully fix this without replacing the full CHUCK or camera?
Is the outer lens an actual lens or just a clear glass protector?
Did it change the image charakteristics?
I saw a video how its done on the Bebop, but was wondering if someone has done it on the Disco.
What parts did you use?

Thanks for any input,

Fran

Landbo

Reaction score
Hi,

I bet there are a lot of scratched front lenses around. Did anyone sucessfully fix this without replacing the full CHUCK or camera?
Is the outer lens an actual lens or just a clear glass protector?
Did it change the image charakteristics?
I saw a video how its done on the Bebop, but was wondering if someone has done it on the Disco.
What parts did you use?

Thanks for any input,

Fran

It is only a protective glass that is at the front of the nose on Disco. You can buy a complete plastic "nose" with the glass as a spare part for about BP 20 or USD 30. Search with google for Disco nose or Disco nose blister.

Regards, Leif.

Rodgeruk

Reaction score
Hi lady, it is very easy to do, if you remove the antenna wires and unscrew the chuck screws, you can remove the chuck from the hub. Then you will see the lens and lens tunnel to the chuck sensor. If you get yourself a small hack saw blade, you'll see the seal area and this needs to be gently cleaned out , this will then allow your lens to slide out and a replacement fitted, when u reseal it you will need to ensure it is focused before finalising the fitting. Then just reinsert your chuck and attach antenna wires etc.
I have just done it myself due to a slight out of focus lens needing rectified.
there are a few good you tube videos on sorting the lens and focus etc.

Rodgeruk

Reaction score
Psyes you can buy similar hood for a go pro or hero cam which is same size etc, I saw them on banggood for $6 or so for a range of cameras, just check width etc for compatability lady.
if its out of focus u just need to do what my previous post says.

Viorel

Reaction score
Hi
I have solved the problem in the following way:
If the lens is not scratched, polish the lens with the polisher until the scratches disappear then the lens is finished with the toothpaste.
Regards Viorel

Rodgeruk

Reaction score
I'm sure that would work also, but if its out of focus it still needs adjusted to in focus, and then some glass polishing and toothpaste will work.
And to get in focus it needs to be released from the lens sleeve and reset. Ideal time to clean it also.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grader277