Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are there any of us left?

SkySpy

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots! I'm in the process of bringing my drones out of storage after almost three years. I see the Anafi is no longer in production. Three of my four batteries still take a charge. Have any of you purchased a battery lately? I do not know when the production of the Anafi ended, but I'm sure the production of batteries ended before that date. So, I'm thinking what batteries that are left to buy are probably well into their shelf life. Do any of you have any experience with this?

Yes there are still a few of us around. I don't fly my Anafi much anymore as I moved on to DJI with the Air 2S and love it. There are lots of places that sell after market batteries that are just as good as OEM Anafi batteries. Some china web sites even sell the battery cells that you can replace the old ones with if you know what your doing.
Not many experience people left here as management took a disliking to some of us. LOL put I still try to help where I can.

Reactions: h-elsner
Thank for your reply! I was beginning to think I was the "Last of the Anafians":D. I may have mentioned earlier, we were hit by Hurricane Laura (cat. 4) then Delta just six weeks later. I put my drone in storage while we tried to recover. The Anafi had just a few hours on it. It was a replacement from Anafi for the first that I had, which just dropped out of the sky one day. They covered it under my warranty. I know it is probably not worth selling, so if I can get replacement batteries I will just fly it until it quits. I also have the DJI Spark, Mini 2 SE, and the Mavic 2 Zoom. All of my DJI drones have been incredible! I'm probably not going to buy another drone until someone comes out with true 48 megapixel or higher. I will look into those aftermarket batteries. Thanks again!

Reactions: Crossrich
just recently acquired my old Anafi that I sold to a buddy of mine 4 years ago... he didn't really get to fly it that much in all the time that has since passed (4-5 flights total), sad to say he passed away last November.... I was out with it last Monday for a few test flights....all worked as it should (total is 20 flights from new).....and all 3 batteries charged up and held the charge admirably I still have my DJI Mavic Pro 2 and mini 2... if you do a Google search for Anafi batteries you will find a fair few are still for sale, even if they are non genuine Parrot stock...

Yep! Still flying an Anafi Parrot for work! Maybe not after Sept. 16 unless I can get my hands on a remote ID broadcast module.

After reading over the RID rule. I found specific wording about the actual compliance. It appears there is a way to comply with it if we setup DRI. We would be flying the anafi as broadcast module and not a standard RID aircraft. Our serial number range makes no difference.

I still frequent this forum to read anything new, but rarely post unless to answer a question or two.
My Anafi Thermal was a replacement for the original Anafi Thermal that suffered a fall from sky and has a tad over 12 hours on it.
I still find use for the Anafi with its smart modes and believe it or not it is still very relevant for mapping.

I also have two Anafi that I use for work. I bring both to a site, to have a backup.
Given the low demand that I am seeing for decent-paying jobs for the time, distance and effort, it is difficult to justify upgrading equipment to chase the latest advertised improvements.
Programmed flights with Pix4Dcapture still produce excellent results. FreeFlight6 still works well enough for my paid flights.
In a few cases I have efficiently enhanced the original Anafi images and video clips without hours of obsessing about perfection (MS Photos "Enhance" function; XnConvert for mass conversions prior to photogrammetry; Cyberlink PowerDirector).
I am now obsessive about replacing all props and screws after an unfortunate landing, and I am more careful about positioning the props before closing the Anafi's stock case.
If my Android 13 tablet would allow installing the posted modification for FF6, I would do that to have real-time monitoring of battery cell voltage.
Overall, it's nice to operate a flying robot that is very light and unlikely to cause much damage or harm.
It will also be nice if enabling DRI is an acceptable alternative to tacking on a lightweight RID module.

Happy flying!

Yes there are still a few of us around. I don't fly my Anafi much anymore as I moved on to DJI with the Air 2S and love it. There are lots of places that sell after market batteries that are just as good as OEM Anafi batteries. Some china web sites even sell the battery cells that you can replace the old ones with if you know what your doing.
Not many experience people left here as management took a disliking to some of us. LOL put I still try to help where I can.
Hello Jagerbomb52! Are you still there? I have another question for you. How will remote ID affect us Anafi users? Will there any way for us to comply?

Hello fellow pilots! I'm in the process of bringing my drones out of storage after almost three years. I see the Anafi is no longer in production. Three of my four batteries still take a charge. Have any of you purchased a battery lately? I do not know when the production of the Anafi ended, but I'm sure the production of batteries ended before that date. So, I'm thinking what batteries that are left to buy are probably well into their shelf life. Do any of you have any experience with this?
Don’t buy ‘Cameron Sino’ batteries for Anafi on Amazon. The battery is difficult to lock into place and the locking tab on the battery snapped off when I put mild pressure during install. I only bought the battery about 3 months ago and had to throw it away.

How will remote ID affect us Anafi users? Will there any way for us to comply?
If you have an Anafi USA check out UAS Declaration of Compliance
The serial number you'll find in the settings has a slightly different pattern from the 1588E040505AA000001 - 1588E040505ZZ999999 mentioned on that page, but I was assured by Parrot support that
We have directly integrated the drone's serial number for Remote ID into the FreeFlight 6 settings, under the Connection setting. By enabling Remote ID, you will see its serial number starting with 1588...

You are in compliance when you activate Remote ID.
Oliver

HI, so there is some sort of conversion sn? I just got my 2nd one ( crashed my first, I am new) and didnt want to commit to keeping it bc of this ext module nonsense.

Whenever I fly my ANAFI I just make sure the RID is on. Regardless, it ties the drone to the take off point and the PIC so if it doesn't meet all requirements, the person looking for the pilot is going to find the pilot. I think the wording is setup to deter ignorance and arrogance.

I just recommend staying near your drone like you're supposed to. If you cannot see your drone anymore, you're too far or you are in line with an obstruction.
Also keep your registration visible.

The Parrot Anafi, Anafi FPV and Anafi Thermal do not meet the FAA Remote ID regulations. Even if you are using Parrot's DRI solution, you are NOT in compliance. There is no DOC (Declaration of Compliance) covering the Anafi, Anafi FPV and Anafi Thermal.
I am not sure why people are not understanding this and are just pretty much making up their own regulations and excuses on why they think they are somehow in compliance when they are not.
Even if you get everything to work, and you are broadcasting, you do not have a DOC covering your Anafi.
Only the Anafi USA and Anafi AI have the DOC and they are in compliance.
The solution is very simple, buy a $59 Holy Stone Remote ID module, buy some velcro, update your FAA sUAS registration and BAM, you are now in compliance and can fly worry free with a small hit on flight time from the added weight of the module.
Be a proactive, courteous, compliant sUAS pilot and make our hobby or for some, profession look good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320