Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are you content with your Parrot?

STEFGTC

Reaction score
Hello Parrot pilots,

As a potential new Anafi owner, I am holding back for a couple of reasons and I would appreciate the feedback of existing owners. My main concerns are the level of Parrot customer service, and durability of device(anafi). The spec sheet is great but device looks very fragile with critical parts semi exposed. Will it survive? Also, what about concerns regarding loss of signal and some fly aways? Is it often or just vocal minority?

My opinion based on my limited experience.

The one issue I had with my Anafi (controller battery issue) Parrot handled quickly (advised to return it to the vendor for a replacement).

I'm a novice flier and beginner when it comes to photography/videography so for me it will be a big learning curve to get to the point of understanding the Anafi's capabilities and limitations. Based on what I've read and heard it's a good platform for a good camera at the current price point. Of course if you wait long enough someone will come out with something better at the same or lower price point.

As for flying, I think that is going to take me some time to growing to the point of being able to use all of its flight potential. Probably not as long as learning how to get decent pictures and video (the more I learn about that the more I realize how much I don't know).

So I think the answer to your question is in part based on where you are today in your flying and video experience. If you're an expert photographer but know nothing about flying the Anafi is probably a good way to start since the film mode is very docile and forgiving. If it's the opposite, beginner when it comes to photography, again the Anafi might be a very good learning platform. If you're really good at both there are probably better (more expensive) options.

My opinion based on my limited experience.

The one issue I had with my Anafi (controller battery issue) Parrot handled quickly (advised to return it to the vendor for a replacement).

I'm a novice flier and beginner when it comes to photography/videography so for me it will be a big learning curve to get to the point of understanding the Anafi's capabilities and limitations. Based on what I've read and heard it's a good platform for a good camera at the current price point. Of course if you wait long enough someone will come out with something better at the same or lower price point.

As for flying, I think that is going to take me some time to growing to the point of being able to use all of its flight potential. Probably not as long as learning how to get decent pictures and video (the more I learn about that the more I realize how much I don't know).

So I think the answer to your question is in part based on where you are today in your flying and video experience. If you're an expert photographer but know nothing about flying the Anafi is probably a good way to start since the film mode is very docile and forgiving. If it's the opposite, beginner when it comes to photography, again the Anafi might be a very good learning platform. If you're really good at both there are probably better (more expensive) options.

Thank you for your insight. I am beginner level pilot but intermediate level photographer/videographer. So I believe for my budget Anafi is a decent choice. What are your comments on the device durability/fragility?

I have about a hundred flights in on my Anafi. Bought the extended package about 2 months ago. I have had 0 problemos with it. I enjoy flying it very much. It is my copter of choice for most flying because of its smallness and quietness. Doesn't seem intrusive to fly at the park or out of my front yard etc., So far, it has been very durable and the camera quality etc. is as good as my Mavic pro 2 zoom. I fly it way more than the zoom, probably because I know it's cheaper and quitter. It is not as precise as the Mavic but way good enough. The range is also good enough. Holds good up to a mile in the city and 2 miles in the country with a rock solid rth if it loses signal etc. I keep thinking of buying another they are so good. I have noticed Buydig has them for 499.00 with the coupon code right now.

Reactions: Zamzara and Sean_K
Yes I'm content with my Anafi.
I bought it at the end of July 2018 and made about 120 flights.
I'm using it mostly as "flying cam", that's what Anafi is made for.
That means: I take it to the place I want to film/photograph, lift off, do what I intend and land.
So I seldom brought Anafi to extremes or limits (what I think some people here in the forum often do with typical problems arising from testing out limits ....).
I had 2 crashes. One was pilot's fault, the other a rapid drift of 2..3m obviously caused by GPS loss near a house.
So I'm content with my flying cam.

Thank you for your insight. I am beginner level pilot but intermediate level photographer/videographer. So I believe for my budget Anafi is a decent choice. What are your comments on the device durability/fragility?

I haven't crashed it...yet :).

That said, while it is light the composite material is suppose to be and appears to me to be quite strong and durable. I get the sense you could bounce it around pretty good and it would survive the impact and shock. Of course I'd also assume the camera is going to be the most fragile component. The gimbal is somewhat protect on the sides but I doubt the Anafi could take a head on hit into a tree at speed without doing some damage to the gimbal and camera. That's probably true of most of the smaller drones with a 2 or 3 axis gimbal.

One positive thing I've hear from more than one photographer about the Anafi is you never have a shot ruined by propellers in the frame. This seems to be an issue with other drone cameras if you're pitch forward for speed or banking sharply.

If your main objective is photography (not sport flying) and you keep the drone in camera mode at the default settings you're pretty much going to have to run into something on purpose or be totally distracted. Those settings are VERY docile and I'm sure meant to be that way for the person that wants to focus more on the shot than on the flying.

Reactions: Zigzag84
I was dissappinted with range in urban environments. Once I realized one must turn off both wifi and cellular on the phone, the range i proved.
A little more range in City would be just great and am working on that. But I recommend Anafi 100% without reservation.

Reactions: Sean_K
I love my parrot.

I've only had my Anafi for about 2 & 1/2 months now & am still discovering how to get the best footage out of her, I only just discovered the downfall of using P-Log for example. Apart from one incident using the Follow Me Dynamic mode with no awareness that it was going to react at 50 kph speeds, as that isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual or on Parrot's site, I haven't had any incidents or problems.

Regarding the durability of the Anafi, it's a remarkably resilient thing. Mine smacked into a tree at full speed travelling sideways & only one leg was damaged in the process.

I had a borrowed Mavic Pro get tangled in a tree about 20 metres up & the gimbal ribbon needed replacing at $200 because there's no sideways sensors on it & if there had have been, the thing would have been flying at a dead crawl because that severely slows down the flying speeds possible.

Like with everything, if you look after & use the Anafi properly it will serve you well, especially for photography.

I love the Anafi.Just disappointed with the lack of support I see and no warranty in Canada.
I just have to fly it more, enjoy it,and if something happens,deal with it at that point.Must not let the fear of "what if" get to me.

• Sad
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
The Anafi is a great video / photography drone. My only gripe (apart from propellers flying off) is the third axis EIS, it just doesn't work for some scenarios.

Last edited:
I cannot comment on the customer service since I’ve never used it in 9 months I’ve owned my Anafi.
I did have a little mishap which was completely my fault. Flying in high winds next to the side of the house it clipped the house with it’s propellers but I just replaced the damaged blades.
The house on the the other hand cost $1,500 dollars to repair. Kidding.
Anafi is very lightweight and although some say it’s cheaply made I think it is made with light but strong materials. Kinda like the space shuttle.
Video is awesome, being able to control the speed of all it’s maneuvers in the app and the quietness of it is why it is my go to drone practically every time.
I also own Mavic Air and Spark.

I've had my Anafi about 6 weeks and have made about 50 flights. Haven't had to contact customer service so far.

I'm really impressed with it - value for money and ease of use... this is my first proper drone. The 4k video quality is amazing and the stability of the footage really impressive. For example today I flew it in quite strong winds (prob around 20-25 mph) - I wouldn't fly it in anything stronger than that - and when you watch the video footage you would not guess there was even a breath of wind! So, the light construction doesn't seem to adversely affect video capture in quite windy weather which you might not expect.

Flight time per battery can definitely reach 24 mins in my experience which is better than many rivals.

My one recommendation would be to get the extended pack as having 3 batteries rather than one is crucial once you get hooked on flying this thing - and the carry case that holds the Anafi, controller, leads and spare batteries is excellent.

I recommend it 100%.

Had mine a week now, a dozen flights under my belt, so I'm an expert. Yeah, right! :ROFLMAO:
Let me give you one piece of advice, one that I had not heard before, and really, should go without saying. This drone and it's battery are smart, don't try to out think them. On one of my early flights, fourth or fifth, it got low on battery and returned to home. Cool. I was out in the backyard, grassy area, not on pavement. It wanted to land, had like five minutes left. Me, being the smarter of the two, decided I wanted to try to take a panoramic 360 photograph. So I hit start and it began to take pictures. It's about 40 feet above me, so what could it hurt? The screen changed at 3 minutes, then 2 minutes, and it's still snapping pictures. At 1 minute, it began a rapid descent. I almost put my hand out as it came down. At 5 feet off the ground, and 3 feet from me, the battery went dead. It free fell that last 5 feet. Back right leg came unsnapped at the foot and the battery popped off. The plastic where the battery locks in cracked. None of those issues cause it any problems in flight and since the battery was dead, it did not register as a 'crash' My advice to all, when it says it needs to RTH, bring it on home. Had I gotten one, maybe two, extra seconds out of the battery it would have been on the ground or within a foot of it. Unfortunately, I did not have those extra seconds.

DON'T PUSH IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TOO! Land it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev
I think it mainly depends of what you want to do. I'm using Anafi primarily for videos in mountains at places that are inaccessible to me.
I have mine since 5 month, about 200 flights total time in the air of about 12 hours.
Startet as a novice flying drones, but having a long aexperience with photography. navigation, radio communication.
Had in the beginning 4 mild crashes, crashed into some nearby bushes, all due to my faults, 4 props were a bit scratched, replaced them as a precaution.
My experience so far with the product is excellent.
Contacted in the beginning the company twice on more complex issues, got always very friendly lip service but no usable answer to my question.
Now I'm using Anafi mainly for missions using flight plans and longer flights. I'm spending much more time on the planning, particularly where the altitude is very critical.
I agree with what many other users complement to Anafi: Very good camera performance, small and light when packed and small when flying, quiet, good workmanship, and last not least a good functioning RTH.
If I lose my Anafi - it may well happen what I'm doing - at this point in time my next Multicopter would be the Anafi.

I was skeptical that this little thing could be that good....NO MORE!!!
For me, the camera performance and the very low noise level were the key factors.
No problems of any kind so far (and that's on a refurb!)

Reactions: pmh1nic
Very impressed with it. My only problem has been with my first Android phone not being new enough to handle the app - to get acceptable video you need something from about the Android 8 era or newer despite the official requirements being lower.
Edited to say: I have had two minor bumps with no damage on one and a slightly bent foot on the other, out of hundreds of flights. I think as others have alluded to, the construction is very sound and designed to bend and give a bit, giving a superficial impression of it being flimsy.

Yes i do!

I have a lot of Parrot products my first drone was the Rolling Spider and I still fly it
I have all the mini drones, the bebop 2 FPV and the ANAFI I always have great experiences whit Parrot
I recommend this brand

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut