Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Auriga Bebop app, starting to use it more than FreeFlight Pro

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
Solars (KM), put me on to try the Auriga app for Bebop 2 beginning of this year. After several month’s decided to stay with the Auriga app over FreeFlight Pro, deleted FreeFlight Pro this morning. Still haven’t figured out how to transfer pictures to phone, so I use another device to transfer pictures at home.

What really stands out apart from FreeFlight Pro, the video image on phone or iPad is so much clearer. Have others experienced the same, clearer video feed on screen during flight? Plus, It shows signal strength as I wasn’t getting that with FreeFlight Pro.

Here’s an iPad screen shot, this app works well especially with the Solars mod. Distance is same, overall a nice bebop app.

Paul

AE230262-D8D9-48C4-9A7F-FD223637889E.jpeg

Hey Paul, Does the app work with follow me and the point to point feature?
Thanks,
Norfhponder

Thanks,
Norfhponder
Hello Norfhponder,

I haven’t really looked into these two features, follow me or point to point features. Not even sure if it has these, but I’ll look into it next time opening the app or going through the manual.

I’ll get back with you once I find out, unless someone else familiar with Auriga app chimes in.

Hopefully in a day or so will have an answer, going to fly with Anafi and Bebop apps.

Paul

Thanks,
Norfhponder
Hello Norfhponder,

I didn’t see these two (follow me or point of interest) features with either Anafi or Bebop Auriga apps this afternoon, flew both drones and went through the manual and settings.

Paul

Yeah I too have started using that app. The only thing I find frustrating about it is the lack of on-screen minimap and the occasional disconnects. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue? I had been excited about it because I had done some range testing between it and Free Flight and it had a relatively quick reconnect rate by comparison where normally I would have to get free flight basically hovering above me before it would reconnect... Aurgia would connect when it was still out in the field without having to basically return to home all the way

Yeah I too have started using that app. The only thing I find frustrating about it is the lack of on-screen minimap and the occasional disconnects. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue? I had been excited about it because I had done some range testing between it and Free Flight and it had a relatively quick reconnect rate by comparison where normally I would have to get free flight basically hovering above me before it would reconnect... Aurgia would connect when it was still out in the field without having to basically return to home all the way
Just downloaded it. Will post back later with impressions

Reactions: Frelanz
Sorry for the delay in responding weather here has been preventing me from flying.
That said, I think the Aurgia app is significantly better than Free Flight. Much more realistic 'you're inside the drone and flying it' type of experience. Have to be careful because the screen reacting to my head motions is someetime a bit disconserting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut