Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery can't charge

They should put it in the manual! thanks

My guess, like others (DJI, to name one), they are surprised about the intelligence of there batteries, sometimes.
DJI isn't telling anything about that, either.
It is just what people found out, by testing other chargers.
After the first "idea", leaving it longer on the charger, did not get them anywhere.
And saying: "no, I use my phone charger, not the provided (DJI) one"
Which makes it a bit more difficult for the Anafi:
No one knows, what charger is in use for every batterie that comes up with : not charging, just blinking!
Also people tend to charge slowly, if they have time. To protect the batterie life.
My guess: The batteries are made for 24W charging
They will do with 10W. Even with 5W, but not with 2.5W
I tried, no reaction on USB ports from my computer.
And sometimes it seems (to me, at least), that a 45W PD charger ist just fine, to recalibrate the charging process.
It takes, what it can, 24 watt, not sure if 12V/2A, or 8V/3A, I have no meter to put in there, but in time it goes always near 90ish minutes.
Even with the Oneplus 7 T "warp" charger it is in that range.
And that one should just do 5V, but up to 6A
The "dash" charger needs a bit longer, can just give 5V/4A, max.

So I decided, not to think too much about, which charging device is best.
I use what is in reach.
Till now it works!

But perhaps I am just lucky!

Sure but as the charger isn't included in the pack (it wasn't in mine), having it shouldn't be essential. In fact I didn't even know before this conversation that there was a parrot charger.
I just had the cable in the pack (anafi + controller + bag + cable + one battery).
Still always used 5V chargers.

There’s no charger in the pack, and I don’t know anything about a Parrot charger.
Where did you find this information ?

It's fine to develop "such intelligences" ... but wanting to complicate everything ... it can become unmanageable.
I also find it completely absurd to let drones fly several kilometers away ... It's irresponsible!
I fully understand that the rules "harden" around the world!
Dji at least, are safer (I have been convinced for a while) that Parrot is clear!
4 weeks of drone taught me a lot! (5-8 hours of readings and tests per day) Even if they do too much ... too!
Honestly, I am puzzled with the product I just bought ...

[...] I didn't even know before this conversation that there was a parrot charger.
[...]
There is none!
That example was for the DJI Spark, charging the battery when in the bird, or the RC not with the hub and not with the dji cable.

And sometimes it seems (to me, at least), that a 45W PD charger ist just fine, to recalibrate the charging process.
It takes, what it can, 24 watt, not sure if 12V/2A, or 8V/3A, I have no meter to put in there, but in time it goes always near 90ish minutes.
Even with the Oneplus 7 T "warp" charger it is in that range.
And that one should just do 5V, but up to 6A
The "dash" charger needs a bit longer, can just give 5V/4A, max.

A few weeks ago I was at a colleague (who lives in an old farm, but the power should be fine), he has a watt-meter and a black USB-C 45 watt charger, as well as a white Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 charger as well. I tried both to see how it would charge my Anafi battery:

As you can see, both chargers drew at most around 18w, which about corresponds to your 5V/4A figure.

Not to sound like a ****, but most usb-c chargers and cables are 'fake', to test the highest real possible charging rate, we would need to use a MacBook Pro 2016 or newer Apple charger and official Apple cable. Only those are 100% certified to my knowledge. If they also only deliver 5A/4A then that is proof it is the maximum

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
To do an accurate test you need to measure the charger output voltage and current not the input as you do not know the efficiency of the transformer circuit in the charger. There are a variety of small, cheap USB meters available both for 5v USB and for PD devices.

Hi guys.
I tried a new good charger. The result is quite the same :
  • with the old charger : when I put the battery on charge, L1 to L4 blink in green then same in red. After that all the leds blink in red together indefinitely
  • With the new more powerful charger : L1 to L4 blink in green, then in red and keep doing that for hours.
So the result seems to depend on the charger power but no result seems ok. It seems like my battery is dead. I will contact parrot but as I'm in confinment right now, it won't be easy to have a repairment.

Anyway thanks for your help guys and if anyone has a new solution coming in mind do not hesitate

I would say from what you have just reported it sounds encouraging as the battery is responding differently via the indicator light in reference to the amount of power you are feed it.
The usb c port probably runs through a circuit protection device which might have a lower limit on when it will allow a charge.
You are probably better trying to feed the battery directly from a balance/hobby charger if you have one.
Some balance/hobby chargers have a slow charge rate for reviving batteries safely.

No sorry I don't have the tools to do it. I don't either have a balance/hobby charger. I just contacted the seller who will replace it.
So thanks for your help and sorry not being able to cleanly repair it for those who could have the same trouble.

A few weeks ago I was at a colleague (who lives in an old farm, but the power should be fine), he has a watt-meter and a black USB-C 45 watt charger, as well as a white Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 charger as well. I tried both to see how it would charge my Anafi battery:

As you can see, both chargers drew at most around 18w, which about corresponds to your 5V/4A figure.

Not to sound like a ****, but most usb-c chargers and cables are 'fake', to test the highest real possible charging rate, we would need to use a MacBook Pro 2016 or newer Apple charger and official Apple cable. Only those are 100% certified to my knowledge. If they also only deliver 5A/4A then that is proof it is the maximum
On the parrot website it says max. charging current 3A.
Since these chargers (USB) are 5V, it results in 5x3 = 15
So approx. Charges the battery with 15W.
Charging is not controlled by the charger, but by the control chip of the built-in charging circuit.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar