Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery can't charge

Kirjava

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and came to get some help of yours.
I've got 2 batteries and one of them isn't charging at all. When putting on the power, I fastly see leds from 1 to 4 going green then red.
Then L1 and L3 alternatively blink green with L2 and L4.
After that, the led 1 blinks in green. That looks like a normal charge. But I can wait more than 24 hours, it stays on the first led and doesn't charge at all (first I could use still use the battery, now it doesn't even blink when pressing the power button when not in charge).

I tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds when on charge to reinitialize it but it just shut down at 10s.

Do some of you guys know what could go wrong ?

Thanks for reading me

try to use a Vetter cable and a stronger Charger (more Ampere)

I will try to find another one. Already tried 3. All 3 are working with my second battery and worked with that one too so I can try with a more powerful one but not sure it will work.
Still thanks for answering me and forgive my bad english.

[EDIT] I just tried with my best charger for more than an hour and it still blinks on the first led and isn't charged at all

Last edited:
Have you updated to the newest firmware I was just thinking the new update forced a battery update, first battery update came directly after the Anafi and controller updated but for the second battery I think I had to plug in other battery and press something. I probably wouldn't suggest updated if you haven't already done so though as the new updated firmware is coming with a lot of issues.

[...]

[EDIT] I just tried with my best charger for more than an hour and it still blinks on the first led and isn't charged at all

Specs of your best charger?
Is it a PD charger, 18/24/xx Watt?
Quick Charge 3 would probably do, too.

I use a OnePlus charger and also a Huawei p30 pro charger and both seem to work fine and I would imagine they'd have the power to fire a dead battery back up.

Specs of your best charger?
Is it a PD charger, 18/24/xx Watt?
Quick Charge 3 would probably do, too.
Quick Charge 3 technology isn’t compatible with USB-C.
What is needed is a Power Delivery charger, with usb-c cable, and usb-c connectors both sides of this cable

@Ana789 - I've seen on a few YouTube videos the Anafi having big circular instruments on the app screen when flying, is that some sort of theme or is it actually in freeflight 6 menu somewhere?

Quick Charge 3 technology isn’t compatible with USB-C.
What is needed is a Power Delivery charger, with usb-c cable, and usb-c connectors both sides of this cable
But the batteries seems to be, via the USB-C plug

That is the problem with all this different and proprietary systems:

You never know, if it will accept just the own power charge system (Oneplus before 7, imho) or if it supports others, too.

To the anafi batteries: it seems they eat all, what gets them up to 8ish Volt and 3A/24Watt
So as long the Charger supports this kind of combination and Q3 should imho.
I feed mine with Mi PD Chargers, OP Warp and "Dash"-charger and a PD/QC3 Powerbank.
and all deliver equal charging times

The cable seems to become more and more the main problem, between charger and device!

@Ana789 - I've seen on a few YouTube videos the Anafi having big circular instruments on the app screen when flying, is that some sort of theme or is it actually in freeflight 6 menu somewhere?

That is a prog I have read about, but no knowledge myself.
Better ask in the topic, someone has inserted HIS video in that form.

I have tried a galaxy A70 charger usb c both ends works fine, oppo Reno charger works fine, OnePlus dash (think is was from a 5t) charger works fine, Huawei p30 procharger works fine.
I think the oneplus, oppo and Huawei charger would all have a good chance of reviving a battery unless the cells have gone bad.

Oh, as long they are ok, even the 5V/2A Charger from an ordinary phone works fine. Over time ;-)
It just seems, sometimes they need initial charging with the max. they can take.
I had that even with remotes. I usually charge the DJI RC's from a PC-Plug.
Sometimes nothing happened.
Pluging them in the original charger, or a 5V/2A from a phone, it starts charging.
And afterwards also charges at the PC, again
WTH?

It sounds like you PC is just a bit of a joker it's probably watching you via its webcam laughing at you constantly plugging and unplugging different cables ?

It sounds like you PC is just a bit of a joker it's probably watching you via its webcam laughing at you constantly plugging and unplugging different cables ?
If it really would need the webcam, to monitor that I plug different cables in its USB slots, I'd need a new computer
;-)

Oh, as long they are ok, even the 5V/2A Charger from an ordinary phone works fine. Over time ;-)
It just seems, sometimes they need initial charging with the max. they can take.
I had that even with remotes. I usually charge the DJI RC's from a PC-Plug.
Sometimes nothing happened.
Pluging them in the original charger, or a 5V/2A from a phone, it starts charging.
And afterwards also charges at the PC, again
WTH?
I think you’re right when you say that sometimes, batteries need max power to recharge.
I saw that recently with my power bank, which had an input and also output power display.
I used a 5V/2A phone charger to charge this power bank. But recently, i saw that the input amps where only betwween 0.8 and 1A.
So, i used instead my Quick Charge 3 charger (which charge the anafi at only 5V/1.2A...), and then, the input power of the power bank was 12V/1.6A. Nice!
After that, I used again my 5V/2A phone charger to charge my power bank: the input power on it was then 5V/1.8A.
It was repaired...

I use this power bank to charge my anafi batteries. It’s a PD output. When charging anafi, the power was 12V/1.4A.

My QC 3 charger has also a display. When it charges the anafi, it’s only 5V/1.2A.... But QC works fine when charging my power bank.

That’s the demonstration that QC is not compatible with Anafi, and you’ll find few articles on internet which describe that QC is not compatible with USB-C.

So, to come back to the main reason of this post.., try kirjava to charge your battery with a more powerfull charger

Last edited:
1 have used the 5V/1A so 5W Apple USB charger of my iPhone many times to charge the Anafi when I was not in a hurry; it has always worked perfect.

If it's a real, official, certified, quality charger then even 5W 5V/1A will work.

[...]

If it's a real, official, certified, quality charger then even 5W 5V/1A will work.

Should and will, most of the times
Just sometimes, it seems that more watts are needed.
To just start/activate the charging process
After this activation, it is back to normal

Should and will, most of the times
Just sometimes, it seems that more watts are needed.
To just start/activate the charging process
After this activation, it is back to normal

They should put it in the manual! thanks

Thanks for the answers guys !
I will try it as soon as I've got a new charger. For now I tried my switch's charger. The result isn't the same : the leds light green one after each other from L1 to L4 and then same but in red. And then again in green and so on. I'm not in my house for now so I won't be able to see the result before a few days. I will tell you.

[EDIT] yes it is an original one. I bought it as an original one anyway. So if it isn't then I've been kinda robbed

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh