Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 1 Battery Hack?

Jaco_P

Reaction score
Hi guys newb here!!

Any idea if there is a hack to fit (if possible) Bebop 2 batteries somehow on a Bebop 1?

I think they are too big and too heavy? The BB2 dimensions show that the drone is bigger than the BB1 I am using a normal turnegy 2200 lipo and still only get 9 minutes

bb2 batt in bb1?, too heavy.

@ nexus **** 188 grams for turnigy 3s, almost as heavy as the camel back 2500 3s for bb1.

The funny thing is that some people show the 2500 battery lasting seven minutes and others show the GIFI version lasting 14 minutes ?

I have rantow 2500 for bb1 they are new (breaking them in) so I have not had a chance to get very low with them yet. Gut feeling is they are too heavy and with the stock I get better flight characteristics. Never use stocks if you get a new, refurb or used or bb1 will fall on you. The battery they send is most likely sitting for years without use. You just can't trust it with drones.

I just noticed there is a camelback 3s 2500 and non camelback 3s 2500 how the **** can that be?

Whatever you guys do try to get the weight as close to the stock Parrot bb1 packs as you can or else flight performance will suffer big. A 3s pack around 98-140 grams should be ok. My 3s 2500 camelback weighs almost 200grams!

Have not tried LiIon cells on bb1, all say it's not powerful enough.

Has anyone dared to try 3s 11.4v high voltage pack (graphene etc)on it? May give more power but might ruin esc though.

Last edited:
I have rantow 2500 for bb1 they are new (breaking them in) so I have not had a chance to get very low with them yet. Gut feeling is they are too heavy and with the stock I get better flight characteristics. Never use stocks if you get a new, refurb or used or bb1 will fall on you. The battery they send is most likely sitting for years without use. You just can't trust it with drones.

I just noticed there is a camelback 3s 2500 and non camelback 3s 2500 how the **** can that be?

Whatever you guys do try to get the weight as close to the stock Parrot bb1 packs as you can or else flight performance will suffer big. A 3s pack around 98-140 grams should be ok. My 3s 2500 camelback weighs almost 200grams!

Have not tried LiIon cells on bb1, all say it's not powerful enough.

Has anyone dared to try 3s 11.4v high voltage pack (graphene etc)on it? May give more power but might ruin esc though.
I thought the lithium ion cells would be the answer but even the Sony 20 amp don’t seem to work very well from what I have seen, and can’t cope with the sudden current draw. I think "some" far east manufacturers just print labels with the capacity that works best for sales maybe ? but you cant change the physical size of a battery can you ?

Last edited:
These video may prove interesting

I think its interesting that the last video here the guy says he gets 13 min but if you look at the time the video runs the drone is in the air only around 12 min ! Also hover time is going to be shorter than flying time due to aerodynamic lift from the forward flight at speed.

Last edited:
my Pretend Bebop 2

Attachments

• otparrp.JPG
    otparrp.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 191278704_3296701737099871_4258406468922699203_n.jpg
    191278704_3296701737099871_4258406468922699203_n.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 191360569_3296701527099892_6866990363927595232_n.jpg
    191360569_3296701527099892_6866990363927595232_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
Been doing a bit of research today and you could use 2 x turnigy 1500mah side by side and they would fit. Just solder the red to red and black to black and put on a Tamiya plus and you have a 3000mah battery but weight of over 240grams but you get up to 50C burst power ! they fit side by side and do not overhang the frame .

The Camelback 2500 weighs in at 169grams so the 3000 may not be such a good idea ?

Attachments

• 26451.jpg
    26451.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3
Cool idea that needs to be tried. But try over a trampoline or low to ground. Yeah seems like that weight it may burden motors or esc? I have heard that the esc on bb1 and bb2 have a cutoff if they over burden motors or esc the system will just shut down in mid air dunno if it's true.

Cool drone. What lens protector is that?

Also you don't have the rubber feet, I think it dampens vibrations running down the legs. You can get them off ebay. I wanted to take them off to save weight as well.

Last edited:
Cool idea that needs to be tried. But try over a trampoline or low to ground. Yeah seems like that weight it may burden motors or esc? I have heard that the esc on bb1 and bb2 have a cutoff if they over burden motors or esc the system will just shut down in mid air dunno if it's true.

Cool drone. What lens protector is that?

Also you don't have the rubber feet, I think it dampens vibrations running down the legs. You can get them off ebay. I wanted to take them off to save weight as well.
I have currently gone back to the standard parrot batteries for the time being, but may order one of the Gifi 2500 camelback batteries off ebay.

I dont know where the small camera dome protector came from as it was on the drone when I bought it second hand. I also found a source of genuine Carbon Fibre props for the bebop 1 For Parrot Bebop 3.0 Drone CW/CCW 3-Blade Carbon Fiber 5042 Propeller Props | eBay and I am also trying to find some BB1 White props. The ones I see on ebay are for the BB2, and are 1cm larger and can hit the canopy in a hard landing as well as putting a greater load on the motors.

I have not been able to fine the correct bouncy feet inserts on ebay etc so made some of my own from dense black springy foam rubber by cutting it into discs and attaching with a dab of superglue. I think you can also buy self adhesive foam rubber pads on ebay which will also be as good.

Attachments

• BB1.JPG
    BB1.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 5
  • BB4.JPG
    BB4.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You could have used these

The standard parrot batteries would not be good, they are all 6 years + old and most are poor condition out of balance / charged wrong etc. It would risk your drone shutting off and falling. Amazon has 3s 1800 mah batteries designed for BB1 you can get for pretty cheap and weight would be very close to Parrots stock plus they are brand new only 124 grams. This would be the smoothest and safest route, until someone figures out how to get 30min :D

As for carbon props no one knows which way to install them for ccw cw and I have heard poor reviews.

Attachments

• 124.png
    124.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You could have used these

The standard parrot batteries would not be good, they are all 6 years + old and most are poor condition out of balance / charged wrong etc. It would risk your drone shutting off and falling. Amazon has 3s 1800 mah batteries designed for BB1 you can get for pretty cheap and weight would be very close to Parrots stock plus they are brand new only 124 grams. This would be the smoothest and safest route, until someone figures out how to get 30min :D

As for carbon props no one knows which way to install them for ccw cw and I have heard poor reviews.
That's great about the landing cushions on ebay But I am located in the UK and the shipping would be more that the feet lol

The carbon props come as clockwise and counter clockwise so I dont the the issue ?

Check this out
custom made to order RC L-ion packs of 3200mah 3S 11.1 volts 6C, Max amp draw 15amp- continuous, weight 138 grams. And suitable for quadcopters !

Watch to end of video and you can see heavy 550mm quad flying for 40 min on 6400 3s pack !

Last edited:
I called the people at 3DXR who made the lithium Ion packs to order and they have stopped making them as people were putting them on race drones and burning them out and then wanting their money back !

Just come across this,I have just built a 3S1P from 3400mAh Panasonics.

I bought several batteries last year, and was getting 8min flights and a double battery was giving 12min.....after charging took the Parrot for the first of the year fight, and RUBBISH

All the std battery dead (100% straight down to 4% on take off and the double batter gave less than 4 mins) I have never had this issue with RC battery for Planes or Heli's (500 class so same she or large battery)

Is this common after 1 year of use?

thanks in advance

I bought several batteries last year, and was getting 8min flights and a double battery was giving 12min.....after charging took the Parrot for the first of the year fight, and RUBBISH

All the std battery dead (100% straight down to 4% on take off and the double batter gave less than 4 mins) I have never had this issue with RC battery for Planes or Heli's (500 class so same she or large battery)

Is this common after 1 year of use?

thanks in advance
If the batteries you bought last year are clones of the standard battery I have a feeling they are going to be as old as an original and are "new old stock".🤔Plus since I have been experimenting I think that even the standard battery supplied new is too light for the claimed capacity. If your using the supplied charger as well your never going to know.🤔

Thanks for the reply……using the std charger. Once back from the field have recharged 4 so far taking less than 20mins to do so?????? Once charged have plugged back in and 20 sec later green light.

With my helicopter battery’s I can watch balanced charge and individual cell charge, but obviously this is the std black block charger.

It’s disappointing when it’s a great drone, with a good camera, and discontinued ( bebop 1 ) I have three

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame