Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Crash, now blinking light, no connection

Starman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well, I've had a significant crash with my just newly rebuilt Bebop 2. I had put in a new motherboard due to a wifi issue, two new motors, props, battery for the drone, and battery for the skycontroller 2. Life is good after first flight with no issues.

2nd flight, got to close to a tree and clipped it with the drone falling onto pavement. Destroyed a motor, a prop and the new battery.

I've replaced the parts but now I have the blinking light. It starts to boot then just blinks. I can connect to it on wifi, but not in FFPro.

Anybody know how to get it to start acting normally? I tried holding the button, but it won't reset.

Thanks in advance,

CN

You have to hold the button for 15 seconds to do a hard reset, then wait 10 minutes for it to do its thing
Hi again,

No-go on the hard reset and I let it go about 25 minutes before trying again. I heard it try a reboot and I can see the drone’s unsecured wifi SSID, but it won’t stop blinking. I can connect to it on my iPhone, and it seems that FFP can see it but won’t connect.

I do hear the 4 motor check when it trying to start, but doesn’t get past that. Just a steady blinking light.

So, I have disconnected all the motors electrically and will reconnect them and try again.

I am afraid this new, used motherboard is now damaged some how.

If you have any other ideas, I am all ears.

Thanks…

You have to hold the button for 15 seconds to do a hard reset, then wait 10 minutes for it to do its thing
Update:

Disconnected all motors, connected a different motor to the right side and it booted. No issues. Put it back together and same problem.

Disconnected all motors again, swapped some around and no-go. Same problem. I am thinking I might have a damaged motor harness on the right side, but that is a long shot.

Since you can connect to the phone, you can bring up the screen that will show you if any motors fail to pass the test. Check the smaller wires on the front feet of the drone, those are the antennas, maybe they got disconnected in the crash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame