Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 falling off the sky..!!

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
Website
www.nepaview.com
I must point out that if you plan to purchase the GiFi batteries, they will work for the Bebop2, but they require a balance charger. Parrot OEM batteries have a circuit inside the battery pack that balance charges the cells. The GiFi batteries do not have this circuit. You can get away for a few times using them with the Parrot charger, but not a good idea for long term use.

Mike

CANADABOY54

Reaction score
Hey Mike! Thanks for the heads up.
I must say I've seen so many Utube video's and various other comments about the Parrot Bebop chargers being balanced and NOT being balanced etc. Even from Parrots own Tech Support!
Now that I know more about LiPo battery's and there fragile state if not stored properly, I plan to look after them much better then I did with my other (now dead) battery's.
Thanks for your help Mike. It's very much appreciated.
BTW I came across a few comments in which people were saying Pitch the old Parrot battery's but keep the Battery Shells. Have you heard of this?

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
Website
www.nepaview.com
Yes, that is because the battery shells contains the balance circuit. The aftermarket batteries do not have this circuit. A few months ago I had a battery cause a uncontrolled landing (soft crash) and when I put it in my charger to see, cell 2 was way off so I decided to scrap the battery. I saved the shell and the circuit board. You have to be skilled at soldering to do this. Even a battery that the drone reports as dead is not dead. The drone will cut out when a cell drops below 3.1 volts. (most Lipo driven gadgets will do this to protect the battery) This video is the crash that decided the fate of this battery. When cell 2 started dropping fast, the other 2 tried to compensate but they discharged faster and the drone didn't make it back. On screen is my battery level during the flight.

Mike

Attachments

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerekSmerek