Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 falling off the sky..!!

Eagle

Reaction score
Yesterday i went for a flight with my bebop 2 drone (fpv with skycontroller 2) it was a cloudy day (dont know if it matters ? With a little wind)
I was flying for 7-8 minutes via my sc2..battery level 52% of the drone and 60% on my controller
Then all of a sudden the drone cuts off (motors shutting down) and the drone falls from the sky down..lucky for me i was at around 8 meters height and the ground was soil.
After the crash i connected again the battery to check if it had a failure and dried out all of a sudden..but no issue wih battery..the level was 51%..i flew a couple of times my drone am not a begginer but this is a very serious issue for me as it could have resulted in an injury

Bad battery. There is a utube video where the drone comes crashing down luckily he wasn’t very high. Also props may develop cracks and break off during flight.

Yesterday i went for a flight with my bebop 2 drone (fpv with skycontroller 2) it was a cloudy day (dont know if it matters ? With a little wind)
I was flying for 7-8 minutes via my sc2..battery level 52% of the drone and 60% on my controller
Then all of a sudden the drone cuts off (motors shutting down) and the drone falls from the sky down..lucky for me i was at around 8 meters height and the ground was soil.
After the crash i connected again the battery to check if it had a failure and dried out all of a sudden..but no issue wih battery..the level was 51%..i flew a couple of times my drone am not a begginer but this is a very serious issue for me as it could have resulted in an injury

Clouds have no effect on the BB2 as far as what you are talking about. You said the battery was 51%. Did you try to fly with it again? Is your BB2 still flyable? Can you download your flight data to look at?

I had my bb2 just above my head hovering. I had jus been going it above all the trees and light poles at the park . Then all of a sudden it fell out of hovering motors stop the grass it met. Engine Failure so I just replaced the motor.

I had a similar experience with the first one I had - the motors just stopped mid-flight for no apparent reason and it fell from the sky: Bebop 2 fell out of the sky - third time :-(

I returned the drone and the new one has been fine so far, so I think the first one was just faulty. I doubt it was the battery in my case as the battery was almost fully charged each time it happened. Perhaps some faulty component was causing a sudden voltage drop on the mainboard and causing the processor to reset mid-flight, who knows...?

I had a similar experience with the first one I had - the motors just stopped mid-flight for no apparent reason and it fell from the sky: Bebop 2 fell out of the sky - third time :-(

I returned the drone and the new one has been fine so far, so I think the first one was just faulty. I doubt it was the battery in my case as the battery was almost fully charged each time it happened. Perhaps some faulty component was causing a sudden voltage drop on the mainboard and causing the processor to reset mid-flight, who knows...?
Battery could show fully changed and still be defective. Did you try another battery? Jay Drone on YouTube has a video where it happened to him twice where the bb2 fell out of sky. He just replaced the battery and now no issues.

It’s possible, although there were no other symptoms indicating a faulty battery; the battery charged fine and I got 20+ minute flight times. In the end I replaced both drone and battery, so i guess I’ll never know...

Hello fellow BB2 pilots. I’m brand new to the forum and I have a somewhat similar issue.
when I run the drone without props attached the drone discharges normally.
However when I attach the props, the drone takes off and after 10 seconds or so shows the battery drain off to 0% and it lands with a battery alert. This occurs with all three of my battery’. Parrot tech support says it’s a battery issue. Interestingly if I remove the battery and reinstall it, the drone shows a fully charged battery!
I’m trying to get a clearer understanding of the problem. Can I test the battery with a multimeter? How? Is there a faulty component in the drone itself I can test?
Many thanks in advance!

Hello fellow BB2 pilots. I’m brand new to the forum and I have a somewhat similar issue.
when I run the drone without props attached the drone discharges normally.
However when I attach the props, the drone takes off and after 10 seconds or so shows the battery drain off to 0% and it lands with a battery alert. This occurs with all three of my battery’. Parrot tech support says it’s a battery issue. Interestingly if I remove the battery and reinstall it, the drone shows a fully charged battery!
I’m trying to get a clearer understanding of the problem. Can I test the battery with a multimeter? How? Is there a faulty component in the drone itself I can test?
Many thanks in advance!
Hi ..its the battery issue....bb2 batterys are 3cell batterys,each cell stores 4.20volt....one or two cells in each of your batterys is/are damaged....example,when you charge your damaged battery cell #1 is properly charged to 4.20volts,two other cells are able to charge only 3.80volt.....charger is tricked into thinking that battery is fully charged....now,when you hook up battery to bebop 2 and run without props everything looks normal,thats because motors are running at bare minimum,at very low amparage....imagine riding bicycle Down the hill,you not doing anything yet bicycle is movin...now imagine riding bicycle UP the hill with bad leg (?),same is with bebop2 when you place props and bad battery,discharge is much higher and faster and charge can go from 100% to 0% in only few seconds

Hi ..its the battery issue....bb2 batterys are 3cell batterys,each cell stores 4.20volt....one or two cells in each of your batterys is/are damaged....example,when you charge your damaged battery cell #1 is properly charged to 4.20volts,two other cells are able to charge only 3.80volt.....charger is tricked into thinking that battery is fully charged....now,when you hook up battery to bebop 2 and run without props everything looks normal,thats because motors are running at bare minimum,at very low amparage....imagine riding bicycle Down the hill,you not doing anything yet bicycle is movin...now imagine riding bicycle UP the hill with bad leg (?),same is with bebop2 when you place props and bad battery,discharge is much higher and faster and charge can go from 100% to 0% in only few seconds
Hi Skydreamer! Thanks so much for your quick reply! That helps a lot. What had me spooked was the fact all three battery’s we’re doing the exact same thing. To me, that seemed quite the coincidence. So, I’m off to buy a battery! Regards!

Hi Skydreamer! Thanks so much for your quick reply! That helps a lot. What had me spooked was the fact all three battery’s we’re doing the exact same thing. To me, that seemed quite the coincidence. So, I’m off to buy a battery! Regards!
Before you order new battery,charge one of the old ones,remove charging cable from charger,hook up to battery and now test voltage with multimeter(set to DC)...battery in good condition should show 4.20 or 4.2volts between each two pins when fully charged...if you see something like 4.2v, 4.2v, 3.8v -battery is damaged and should not be used......it is possible for charger to go bad but it is very very rare

Attachments

• 52873D60-E02C-4200-8A39-DFA7915D2376.jpeg
    52873D60-E02C-4200-8A39-DFA7915D2376.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 5B35E109-D130-43E5-876F-A811E35C9B1C.jpeg
    5B35E109-D130-43E5-876F-A811E35C9B1C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • 921479EE-F7E2-4817-BBF6-097064DD1948.jpeg
    921479EE-F7E2-4817-BBF6-097064DD1948.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 9D4B03C2-7721-4BAC-873E-386E89792102.jpeg
    9D4B03C2-7721-4BAC-873E-386E89792102.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Hey Skydreamer! Great advice. I didn’t want to just junk the battery’s without trying something, ANYTHING.
I wanted to try a multimeter check but I wasn’t quite sure how to do it. I’ll fill you in once I get some results. Regards

Well Skydreamer. Sometimes nothing goes according to plan.
I followed your instructions and used a multimeter to check the battery’s. So the first battery was dead. Two of three cells no charge whatsoever! However the other battery’s showed 4 volts across each cell. Both of them! So, let’s see if it would fly. NO SUCH LUCK!!! Reset everything and tried both battery’s for a grand Total of 10 sec. There are also some odd WiFi issues occurring as well with FreeFlight Pro, my iPhone SE and my Skycontroller 2.
So it’s a mess and a mystery. I’ll keep looking throughout the forum. I sure would like to find a solution. Regards all and have a Fly and Film weekend!!!

Well Skydreamer. Sometimes nothing goes according to plan.
I followed your instructions and used a multimeter to check the battery’s. So the first battery was dead. Two of three cells no charge whatsoever! However the other battery’s showed 4 volts across each cell. Both of them! So, let’s see if it would fly. NO SUCH LUCK!!! Reset everything and tried both battery’s for a grand Total of 10 sec. There are also some odd WiFi issues occurring as well with FreeFlight Pro, my iPhone SE and my Skycontroller 2.
So it’s a mess and a mystery. I’ll keep looking throughout the forum. I sure would like to find a solution. Regards all and have a Fly and Film weekend!!!
What is the voltage of second battery after running for 10 seconds?did you check voltage?and what is the issue with wifi?

What is the voltage of second battery after running for 10 seconds?did you check voltage?and what is the issue with wifi?
Hey Skydreamer. No I didn’t check the voltage. I performed the same thing I did before. Pulled the battery and put it back in. Battery reported 87%. Took off- flew a view seconds and landed with the battery alert. Did the same thing with the third battery. Took off with 92% landed 5 or 6 seconds later.
Recharged both batterys checked them both with the multimeter: 4 volts in all cells. I also reset the drone.
I’m quite sure I can recreate the conditions and give you the voltage of the battery.
As to the WiFi issue I may be the culprit here. It’s a bit frustrating which leads to overthinking the setup. I realized later in the evening after I’d put everything away the mistake I made with my iPhone settings.
Listen Skydreamer, I really appreciate your help and those of the forum. Many thanks for your efforts!!! Regards!

Hello Skydreamer and everyone else on the forum.
You asked I check the battery voltage immediately after flight.
Flight times averaged 10 sec. before critical battery alert and the drone would land.
The first battery was dead. No question.
My second battery, flew 15 sec. the voltage remained 4.1 across the three cells. Reinstalled it, flew for ten seconds, battery alert and landed.
And finally took the props off, ran the drone. After 30mins battery alert came on stopped the drone. Battery still showing 4.1volts across the three cells but it was drained no question. BTW no issues with WiFi. Just the idiot operator! (Me).
A slight intermittent grinding sound. That issue’s for another day.
Thank you for any help you can give. Regards All!!!

I would buy another battery if i was you,.....i have 8-10 batterys,some of them are 3years old and i dont use them anymore,they are not reliable ...i have two big 4000mAh batterys ,two years old,they charge fine,no issues ,yet in past i could get 24-26 minutes of flight time and now i get 18-20 minutes...they do go bad

Well Skydreamer! I’m in agreement.Thanks to you I know more about this battery business.
So, any suggestions as to after market battery’s? Should I stick with Parrot LiPo’s? Is there any other things I should look into regarding the drone itself? Cheers, and thanks again for your help! I’ll let you know how things go when I’m up and flying again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut