Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 On The Way

Drone arrived today as promised, however upon opening the box I found a mismatch of contents, this is what was in it. Bebop 2 FPV pack
Drone as stated
Power battery - 3350 mAh should be 2700 mAh (Not a problem as long as charger is right, not checked that yet)
Cockpit Glasses - The ones with the white front as advertised on box
Skycontroller 2 all black and round battery should be the controller with white band. I was not too concerned about the controller and battery but when I came to start setting up for charging I discovered there is no compatible lead for the controller to fit the charger supplied. The lead for the drone battery fits but the lead for the controller is totally different so here I am with another week wasted and the prospect of returning a second drone due to inconsistencies in the pack contents.
Annoying bit is I ordered a battery & charger along with a few other bits & pieces from Parrot website this morning and now I am looking at having to return this again. As much as I want a BB2 my patience is wearing thin as we don't get a long summer where I am and at this rate I am going to miss it.

Drone arrived today as promised, however upon opening the box I found a mismatch of contents, this is what was in it. Bebop 2 FPV pack
Drone as stated
Power battery - 3350 mAh should be 2700 mAh (Not a problem as long as charger is right, not checked that yet)
Cockpit Glasses - The ones with the white front as advertised on box
Skycontroller 2 all black and round battery should be the controller with white band. I was not too concerned about the controller and battery but when I came to start setting up for charging I discovered there is no compatible lead for the controller to fit the charger supplied. The lead for the drone battery fits but the lead for the controller is totally different so here I am with another week wasted and the prospect of returning a second drone due to inconsistencies in the pack contents.
Annoying bit is I ordered a battery & charger along with a few other bits & pieces from Parrot website this morning and now I am looking at having to return this again. As much as I want a BB2 my patience is wearing thin as we don't get a long summer where I am and at this rate I am going to miss it.

Jeeez, you are not having much luck are you?
Maybe they could pop a lead in the post for you?... ( providing they have them as a stock item)
If it helps, up north is to windy to fly this weekend so I am grounded also.

Yeah, you're right. I think I'm destined to be a groundie for ever. I'll maybe just invest in a big ladder! :ROFLMAO: Meant to be windy here too, though tomorrow has a quiet spell so was planning to go out then and get a first flight. Going to phone Drones Direct in the morning and see what they can do to help, can't blame them though as the box was sealed so the blame all lands back on the desk at Parrot. Hopefully as you say, the supplier will have a lead or controller that is compatible with what I have and put it in the post. Hard to believe it is coming up for a month now and still no drone that I can take to the sky with.

I received my replacement fpv pack a few days ago.
Mine was replaced because of the round, black stick controller.
Everything in mine was standard for the bebop 2 pack.
2700 mAh battery, white goggles, and silver stick with white band controller.

I have extra charging cables if you need one. Which one for the Skycontroller II? I can ship to you are you in US ?
Thanks very much for offer of the cable Ironsky. (y) Unfortunately I am in the UK, as far north as you can go. I have been on phone to supplier today and they are hopefully going to try and resolve this on Monday, but not too sure they can unless they start opening boxes to look for compatible cable. The lead supplied has the 4 pin connector but the charger has 5 pin socket on it.

No problem I see it is 5 pin never looked at it before. Why are the having such trouble getting you a complete BB2? They are still made with large battery.

Attachments

• 20190126_113608.jpg
    20190126_113608.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 7
That's the lead. To be fair to the supplier I only received it yesterday and phoned them this morning but their tech department don't work on a Saturday so they will get in touch on Monday. Now you have posted the photo I know exactly what I need so I will phone them as I need to speed the process up by either getting a lead same as the one in your pic or a charger with 4 pin socket. Funny thing is I have ordered a battery plus charger from Parrot and if their images are correct it looks like it will have the 4 pin socket on the charger but having just re-read the description it says it has 5 pins which makes me think it will be the Power charger which means it will be no use for my 2700 mAh battery.

That's the lead. To be fair to the supplier I only received it yesterday and phoned them this morning but their tech department don't work on a Saturday so they will get in touch on Monday. Now you have posted the photo I know exactly what I need so I will phone them as I need to speed the process up by either getting a lead same as the one in your pic or a charger with 4 pin socket. Funny thing is I have ordered a battery plus charger from Parrot and if their images are correct it looks like it will have the 4 pin socket on the charger but having just re-read the description it says it has 5 pins which makes me think it will be the Power charger which means it will be no use for my 2700 mAh battery.

Are you saying the 5 pin charger will not charge the bebop 2 power battery? Or the 5 pin will not charge the 2700 battery?
Because what I got was the 5 pin charger and the 2700 battery.
I will admit that I do not use the supplied Parrot charger to charge my bebop 2 batteries though. I only use it for charging the controller.
I use a modified cable and an rc balance charger for my bebop 2 batteries.

I am thinking the 5 pin charger is for the power battery which is 3500 mAh and Parrot seem to supply or did supply a different charger with lesser output for the 2700 mAh battery. On their website it seems to be a 4 pin charger with the 2700 mAh battery, however what they ship may be totally different. I don't know if the Power charger would damage the smaller capacity battery.

I no longer have my original BB2s so I cannot verify if they are 4 or 5. I do have a BB2 (Power) Pro Thermal and the last version of Disco and they both have 5 pin for the controller charger however, only 3 pins are active.

I am sure someone can verify what the standard BB2 came with.

Bebop 2 saga still ongoing, on the point of sending it back as company I bought it from can't help me. Parrot looking in to it at the moment but I am not willing to wait another 2-3 weeks to get flying and that's if I get lucky and they come with a lead or charger.

Correct

I have attached photos of the types of chargers and cables I have:
I currently have a new Disco last model made and a BB2 Power Thermal they do use different cables and they have different chargers. The cables are:
1-3 Pin for controller
2-4 Pin for Disco battery
3-5 Pin for BB2 Power

There is a slight output difference between the Disco (old BB2 style) and the BB2 Power 12.6v 3.5A to 13.05v 3.3A. I would think this only effects charging time on device

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20190201_091938.jpg
    20190201_091938.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20190201_091530.jpg
    20190201_091530.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190201_091111.jpg
    20190201_091111.jpg
    773.2 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Flipper
Thanks for the images IronSky, it all gets a bit confusing with the variations on the chargers & leads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB