Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 On The Way

eckydrone200

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a new thread as this is a new chapter in the saga and hopefully a cheerier one than my other thread. Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply and offer info on that thread. :D

Well, after a lot of deliberation and weekend on eBay, looking at Phantom 3 drones and Bebop 2 drones I have today placed an order with Drones Direct once again for a Bebop 2 FPV pack. They have assured me it will be shipped out right away and I should have it this week, so here's hoping. They have it on their site as being official Parrot dealers so that gives me an added confidence should any problems arise if I get a black stick controller with the round battery. Only worry is the drone battery in the pack is the higher capacity one as I have also kept the standard 2700mAh battery that shipped to me a couple of weeks ago but again they should take it back as they are advertising the 2700mAh batt as an add on for the FPV pack. I just think the Bebop 2 is a much better looking and compact drone compared to the Phantom series plus I am no expert photographer and feel this will be the best one to get to grips with.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
The saga continues... ?
I was in a similar position to you and as you know decided to keep it (re, controller battery) I think there is enough info around to back up a warranty claim on a battery if required.
Any how, I think you have made the right decision, I flew mine for the first time yesterday and it is absolutely awesome!
With enough gadgets and adjustability to keep me amused for weeks to come.
Again, good decision, you will ❤️ It.....

The saga continues... ?
I was in a similar position to you and as you know decided to keep it (re, controller battery) I think there is enough info around to back up a warranty claim on a battery if required.
Any how, I think you have made the right decision, I flew mine for the first time yesterday and it is absolutely awesome!
With enough gadgets and adjustability to keep me amused for weeks to come.
Again, good decision, you will ❤️ It.....
Thanks for that, this is the drone that was my first choice. Now I know Drones Direct will deal with warranty issues I feel reassured, at the end of the day it's not a fortune anyway. Good news is I just picked up an email from DD saying it has been shipped so it's just a case of waiting for it. Just a pity this never happened first time round, still it was £50 cheaper today so I guess it's worked out better. :D:D

I'm happy for you both. My BB2 is so much fun to fly.
Thanks for that and good to hear you like the BB2 so much. All the reviews and Youtube videos all say that BB2 owners really like their drones. I know it's not up to Phantom standards for video & photography but I'm sure it's plenty good for me and I think the flying experience will be so much better.

Northumbrian, how easy did you find it to fly straight out the box? I've never flown a drone before and I'd be interested to hear how you found the setup and first flight.

Northumbrian, how easy did you find it to fly straight out the box? I've never flown a drone before and I'd be interested to hear how you found the setup and first flight.
Easier than my Mambo! just more to check. Instructions from Parrot were not so clear, I used videos from a guy called mr Kent on YouTube, these were very helpful.
Will talk later on this, need to go to work now ?
Steve

You will find the BB2 one of the best general purpose drones around. I am on number 3 in same amount of years. My latest is the BB2 Power with Thermal option. No issues with anything and you can get parts (unlike the Anafi issues).

As mentioned in a couple of other threads, Parrot had me return my BB2 fpv pack for the battery in the controller.
I received the replacement yesterday.
It must have been really old stock as it came with regular BB2 battery and silver stick skycontroller with square battery.
I haven't had a chance to test it out yet,
but I really love the BB2

Back again, yes, look up on YouTube “Mr Kent bebop2” and find his vid “for Bebop2 beginners only” this will help .
Once you have “FreeFlight pro” linked ensure any updates are loaded ( I had none) and then make sure both drone and controller have had calabration and flat trim completed ( app will prompt you through these sequences)
Outside, Double check you have gps lock, I think you are supposed to recalibrate before take off, ( I didn’t ?)
When all is done, hit the take off button ( open space !)
It will lift to approx 1 metre, lift it another metre or so and get to get a feel for the controls *note in the original settings the “yaw” left stick L and R movement is very slow and needs increasing from the off.
..........Basically follow Mr Kent’s vid and all will be good.

Me, I’ve flown it 3 times and now need to start understanding how things work, camera, follow me, sport mode,.....loving it !
Good luck

Thanks for that info Steve, all noted. I have watched Mr Kents videos and he does get the message across without dragging it out. I think I've watched most of the BB2 videos on Youtube and I find the ones by Gadget Inspector very good. I feel he gives an honest appraisal and has nothing but praise for the BB2. Glad to know you are enjoying the drone and learning as you go along. I also watched another video on Youtube where the chap got the BB2 to hover then spun it around 3 or 4 times as he says it gives him a better GPS fix for RTH. Rolex0071 is the chap that does the video for the GPS fix.

Last edited:
Not here yet. Delivery is meant to be tomorrow according to DPD so here's hoping. As long as it doesn't require a signature 'cos if that happens I won't see it till Monday. Hoping to get it tomorrow and all set up for a quick experimental flight on Saturday, and curious to see what versions of Skycontroller, Goggles, and battery I get in the pack this time. Will update as soon as it arrives. Have you been out with your one much this week?

Not here yet. Delivery is meant to be tomorrow according to DPD so here's hoping. As long as it doesn't require a signature 'cos if that happens I won't see it till Monday. Hoping to get it tomorrow and all set up for a quick experimental flight on Saturday, and curious to see what versions of Skycontroller, Goggles, and battery I get in the pack this time. Will update as soon as it arrives. Have you been out with your one much this week?

I was going to go out today, but small problem with iPad mini, FreeFlight app kept crashing in the house when connected, but was ok with I phone? ..... charged I pad as it was low and seems ok now?
Had a quick flight with my Mambo instead.....
Tomorrow, if the wind doesn’t get up, I will give the “ big un “ a go, time to get the camera sussed out.

Hope your parcel arrives tomorrow, will be interesting to see what combination is inside !

You will find the BB2 one of the best general purpose drones around. I am on number 3 in same amount of years. My latest is the BB2 Power with Thermal option. No issues with anything and you can get parts (unlike the Anafi issues).
That's great to know Ironsky. It must be a good drone if you are on your third one and as I posted elsewhere all the reviews I have seen by owners praise them so that kind of reassures me that I have made the right decision. Do you tend to fly your BB2 much, reason for asking is you're on No3 in 3years? Just be good to know as you may be able to recommend a list of parts that would be advisable to have to hand especially as there seems to be some good prices on certain parts at the minute.

I divide fly time between them all I use the Anafi and Bebop twice as much as my Inspire and Mavic 2 . They all work fine however, I have had the least amount of problems with the BB2 it always works. The DJIs do great video but very tweaky and very exspenive to fix.(one crash on my Inspire was 700 to fix). I really like the Anafi (though they are not as strong as BB2 and more money to fix) however been out of commission since crash two months ago waiting for parts. I have about 600 BB2 flights 150 Anafi and 100 total between both DJI.

I prefer he original BB2 Skycontroller 1 because it has HDMI so you can plug Ziess goggles in (same as Inspire). It is big and clunky however shares the same battery type as BB2 and very comfortable to use.

Its all a matter of preference. You will find what you like the more you fly. Plus you can get Parrot BB2 spare parts inexpensively an fix yourself.

Enjoy use the GeoFence and stay below 400 ft. Dont fly backwards with the RTH on default timeI set time to max I have RTH right into a 60 foot tree two times and all it did was break a prop since I use blade guards on all drones.

Hello i have been flying for about a month now and absolutely love it . Here's a pic i took a couple of days ago

Attachments

• Bebop_2_2019-01-20T133129+0000_F75D73.jpg
    Bebop_2_2019-01-20T133129+0000_F75D73.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
What a great area to fly and film . You needs do a fly around with FlightPlan once you are comfortable with controls.

Cheers thats something i will look into , lots of great areas where i live in south east england

Drone arrived today as promised, however upon opening the box I found a mismatch of contents, this is what was in it. Bebop 2 FPV pack
Drone as stated
Power battery - 3350 mAh should be 2700 mAh (Not a problem as long as charger is right, not checked that yet)
Cockpit Glasses - The ones with the white front as advertised on box
Skycontroller 2 all black and round battery should be the controller with white band. I was not too concerned about the controller and battery but when I came to start setting up for charging I discovered there is no compatible lead for the controller to fit the charger supplied. The lead for the drone battery fits but the lead for the controller is totally different so here I am with another week wasted and the prospect of returning a second drone due to inconsistencies in the pack contents.
Annoying bit is I ordered a battery & charger along with a few other bits & pieces from Parrot website this morning and now I am looking at having to return this again. As much as I want a BB2 my patience is wearing thin as we don't get a long summer where I am and at this rate I am going to miss it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut