Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Router Booster mod & Sky Controller 2 Booster Mod

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
This is my first year flying drones, flew RC planes for years and before that COX .049 air planes back in the early seventies. Two good local friends interduced me to the drone hobby, and since thenhaven’t stopped this is probably one of the best hobbies on the planet.

My original hobby is history, enjoy research especially searching for long lost settlements of centuries ago. Drone flying, auctually helps with research and from high above can still see signs of lost settlements. Usually on cattle ranch land, farm or outer skirts of mountains range the signs are there if one knows what to search for.

I need top equipment, Parrot Bebop 2 is a remarkable drone. Especially with a Solaris Booster mod, when bebop 2 is fitted with a Router mod underneath the nose camera and Sky Controller 2 has the booster mod kit bebop 2 is a mean long distance low flying piece of equipment.

Solaris fitted my first Booster kit into the Sky Controller 2, later ordered another complete kit and this one I put together myself. While putting together the recent Sky Controller 2 mod kit, Had a hunch if I was to add larger antennas to it in theory it should boost the signal even more. And boy did it ever, Solaris booster mod kits are remarkable, hands down the best on the planet for low flying. I’ve built an FPVLR before and granded it’s good but not close to a Solaris Booster kit.

Now, With adding the larger antennas to a Solaris Booster mod kit low flying range was increased 28.57%. Auctually flew 1.8 miles at 16 feet elevation thought out the entire 1.8 miles. This was an area very tough to fly low, river embankment pervents even the best drones to get a good signal. Not sure what 16 feet elevation is in meters maybe 6 meters? That’s pretty darn low in my book.

Will post videos and pictures in the future, recently purchased an iPhone and iPhone so now I have the equipment to share flights in the future.

Thanks for your time, And a big thanks to Solaris (KM) for creating bebop 2 Booster mods.

Paul

02119CE7-6912-4D50-8901-970AA74C63EA.jpegD29012C4-5E78-4039-A795-06AF616A8493.jpeg02119CE7-6912-4D50-8901-970AA74C63EA.jpegD29012C4-5E78-4039-A795-06AF616A8493.jpeg

How well does the MaxxMod booster work? What is the other one and is either of them boosted?

Hello Drone-guy,

Both controllers are boosted with same booster kits from Solaris, even the bebop 2 drones have a booster.

Yhe only difference, one on the left has a set of MAXX antennas. The antennas work well, but without the boosters performance is not as good. The MAXX antennas added more range and low flying capabilities at greater distances.

Both are extremely high quality booster kits from Solaris, best on the planet.

Once I learn how to post videos, I’ll share videos with low level flights at great distances.

Thanks for your interest,
Paul

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I think sky dreamers Booster kit above may have been one of the first kits available, and it was soldered. His has the cooling fan, this was removed on later kits. My two kits are soldered before each patch antenna, and yes you’re correct I believe the V3 does not require soldering those mini antenna connectors V3 already has them in place.

Some soldering is required with V3 though, but much simplier than the other kits.

Paul

Sky Dreamer,

Very good workmanship with the booster kit, I see you exchanged some of the wiring I did the same on my second booster kit. And soldered everything direct using no connections, trying to eliminate future issues. Same with Bebop 2 router Booster, soldered direct to positive/negative bebop 2 power lugs. No connector between router booster and positive/negative lugs.

Ordered another booster kit this week, as good as these are I’d hate to not have a spare in the future.

Good job with your kit!
Paul

Picked up a carry case from Harbor Freight, around $28 bucks, holds one sky controller, two bebop 2 models and several batteries. In case someone is looking for a low pride carrying case.

Attachments

• CCCFD873-564D-4B96-9CD2-F75E1DF618E6.jpeg
    CCCFD873-564D-4B96-9CD2-F75E1DF618E6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: Skydreamer
Here’s an update with the Harbor Freight carrying case, big enough to hold two drones and three batteries for each, and both controllers.49B28688-AE5C-451B-B05E-FE73C65E4144.jpeg

Reactions: SteveMc
Hello Jimmid,

Boy, that’s I’ve large antenna. I’m not familiar with this type of antenna, sorry I’m not able to help.

All the best,
Paul

This is my first year flying drones, flew RC planes for years and before that COX .049 air planes back in the early seventies. Two good local friends interduced me to the drone hobby, and since thenhaven’t stopped this is probably one of the best hobbies on the planet.

My original hobby is history, enjoy research especially searching for long lost settlements of centuries ago. Drone flying, auctually helps with research and from high above can still see signs of lost settlements. Usually on cattle ranch land, farm or outer skirts of mountains range the signs are there if one knows what to search for.

I need top equipment, Parrot Bebop 2 is a remarkable drone. Especially with a Solaris Booster mod, when bebop 2 is fitted with a Router mod underneath the nose camera and Sky Controller 2 has the booster mod kit bebop 2 is a mean long distance low flying piece of equipment.

Solaris fitted my first Booster kit into the Sky Controller 2, later ordered another complete kit and this one I put together myself. While putting together the recent Sky Controller 2 mod kit, Had a hunch if I was to add larger antennas to it in theory it should boost the signal even more. And boy did it ever, Solaris booster mod kits are remarkable, hands down the best on the planet for low flying. I’ve built an FPVLR before and granded it’s good but not close to a Solaris Booster kit.

Now, With adding the larger antennas to a Solaris Booster mod kit low flying range was increased 28.57%. Auctually flew 1.8 miles at 16 feet elevation thought out the entire 1.8 miles. This was an area very tough to fly low, river embankment pervents even the best drones to get a good signal. Not sure what 16 feet elevation is in meters maybe 6 meters? That’s pretty darn low in my book.

Will post videos and pictures in the future, recently purchased an iPhone and iPhone so now I have the equipment to share flights in the future.

Thanks for your time, And a big thanks to Solaris (KM) for creating bebop 2 Booster mods.

Paul

View attachment 187View attachment 188View attachment 187View attachment 188
Hi Paul, would you confirm what kind of baterry are you using in your Solaris Sky Controller mod? Did you kept the Parrot stock Battery? I understand that in the Skycontroller V3 the modification is easier to perform, however I would like to know if it will work using the stock cilindrical battery. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi Paul, would you confirm what kind of baterry are you using in your Solaris Sky Controller mod? Did you kept the Parrot stock Battery? I understand that in the Skycontroller V3 the modification is easier to perform, however I would like to know if it will work using the stock cilindrical battery. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hello Jesmarc,

Currently have three Skycontroller 2 each with the Solaris mods, one with the 3.6 volt cylinder battery the other two controllers with square batteries. Solaris mod will work on the cylinder battery controller, auctually very easy to add much more simplified using this particular controller. Also, with the SCP2 the power source is from the USB port no need to add a switch. I tried that with the square battery type controller, but for some reason couldn’t did it to work with the USB port. Only with SC2P controller, can use USB port to power boosters.

But it’ll drain down quicker, and that’s because of the small low voltage battery. Still, can squeeze in several flights though and I’m very pleased with the cylinder battery controller, gets better reception over the square battery type and that’s due to the two larger antennas especially when coupled with Solaris mod.

Don’t try replacing battery with the SC2P cylinder battery controller, it’ll fry the board this particular controller only uses the cylinder battery. A mini circuit board is built into the cylinder battery, trust me don’t try to replace the cylinder battery. And if you do mod the SCP2 cylinder battery controller, don’t add the voltage LED it’ll use some voltage when controller is on with this particular controller. Try to conserve voltage, with the mods you’ll still get plenty of flights.

I’m always working on Bebop 2 equipment, these are high maintenance so don’t get discouraged with bebop. Feel free to contact me or keep in touch, and good luck keep us posted.

Paul

81F70C75-87A2-4AE8-BC99-823D3CA23C30.jpeg8573C0F5-9667-4EE6-8FFA-8B62F5171D04.jpeg1B46BDEA-D518-444D-A44B-945F30A4B8D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesmarc23
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. This information is great and will help me prepare for the mod. I ordered my first Solaris mod to test it in one of my units!

I have the two versions of the Skycontroller, the SC2 and SC2P. I will hate not to use the voltage LED meter, it looks very neat in the SC2.
I’ll share a post once I complete the mod!

I noticed that in your SC2P mod, you did not include the On/Off switch for the booster. Do you have to remove the SC2P battery after every use to prevent from draining?

Thanks again, I appreciate your support.

Noel

Attachments

• FC4B7695-680A-47D8-9713-986E326037C3.jpeg
    FC4B7695-680A-47D8-9713-986E326037C3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. This information is great and will help me prepare for the mod. I ordered my first Solaris mod to test it in one of my units!

I have the two versions of the Skycontroller, the SC2 and SC2P. I will hate not to use the voltage LED meter, it looks very neat in the SC2.
I’ll share a post once I complete the mod!

I noticed that in your SC2P mod, you did not include the On/Off switch for the booster. Do you have to remove the SC2P battery after every use to prevent from draining?

Thanks again, I appreciate your support.

Noel
Hello Noel,

With SC2P, no switch is needed. The postive/negative wires solder onto the USB port, the controller when powered on or off also turns on or off the boosters. Take s look at the USB port area above on the picture with the SC2P mod, both positive and negative wires are soldered to USB port connector.

You can still mount in the LED voltage feature with either controller, I just choose not too with SC2P to conserve voltage.

And nice set of bebop 2 units with both controllers, you’re set good luck in the mod.

Keep us posted,
Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesmarc23
Hi,Paul,are you familiar with this blog The High Pro Glow
Lots of interesting things,if you scroll down you will see adapters he is selling,one of them is battery adapter that replaces Skycontroller 2P battery to regular 18650 battery....

Lots of interesting things,if you scroll down you will see adapters he is selling,one of them is battery adapter that replaces Skycontroller 2P battery to regular 18650 battery....
Thank you Skydreamer,

I was not aware of this site, very impressive especially the SC2P battery replacement mod, I was under the impression the SC2P cylinder battery needs the miniature circuit board for protecting the Skycontroller 2? The mods to replace SC2P battery doesn’t have the miniature circuit board when using 1S 18650 Li-Lon battery.

I’ve already fired one SC2P controller using another battery without the circuit board protector, hate to fry my remaining one?

Quite possible as long as battery does not exceed 3.7 volts? All should be well, I’m going to contact the fellow selling these cable connections and ask about the circuit board protector.

Appreciate you sharing this, wonderful information can’t wait to go forward with this SC2P battery mod if all is ok using no circuit board protector.

Thank you so much!
Paul

Thank you Skydreamer,

I was not aware of this site, very impressive especially the SC2P battery replacement mod, I was under the impression the SC2P cylinder battery needs the miniature circuit board for protecting the Skycontroller 2? The mods to replace SC2P battery doesn’t have the miniature circuit board when using 1S 18650 Li-Lon battery.

I’ve already fired one SC2P controller using another battery without the circuit board protector, hate to fry my remaining one?

Quite possible as long as battery does not exceed 3.7 volts? All should be well, I’m going to contact the fellow selling these cable connections and ask about the circuit board protector.

Appreciate you sharing this, wonderful information can’t wait to go forward with this SC2P battery mod if all is ok using no circuit board protector.

Thank you so much!
Paul
Regular bebop 2 battery has small circut board yet solaris is selling battery mod kit to use common lipo batterys without board,it works without any problems as long you have right lipo,,....it is same with skycontroller 2P battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame