Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Blacked outer edge during flight

FrostyParrot

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive just noticed ive got a vibration in my front left rotor. Its not affecting flight in any way however the feedback to the screen is showing black blobs on the outer left and right edges. This only happens whilst the camera is facing forward, if the camera is facing toward the ground no black blobs on outer edges. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Too windy,electronic camera stabilization couldnt keep up with it,on top it you made sharp turns,,....the higher you go the windier it is,at 2 min. you can see tree moving a lot,now double wind strenght when you are high up and no chance bebop can keep up with it.....i wouldnt worry about it

Too windy,electronic camera stabilization couldnt keep up with it,on top it you made sharp turns,,....the higher you go the windier it is,at 2 min. you can see tree moving a lot,now double wind strenght when you are high up and no chance anafi can keep up with it.....i wouldnt worry about it
Im flying a BB2 power, and tbh it wasnt that windy. Ive flown in very windy weather and this never happened. I might just mail parrot and see what they have to say. Cheers for the reply

Im flying a BB2 power, and tbh it wasnt that windy. Ive flown in very windy weather and this never happened. I might just mail parrot and see what they have to say. Cheers for the reply
Its just strange that with the camera angled down it doesnt black out on the sides, but facing forward it happens

Hi, i have few bebops and i use to fly above a local lake where is bit windy,what you are seeing in your video i have seen many times,at 2min of your video i can see tree that is really moving a lot and that tells me that you bebop is not able to keep up with the wind...there is big difference between wind on the ground and up 30-40 meters....the easiest way to check is to download FlightDataManager to your computer and add telemetry to your video,you will see how bebop is acting when up in the air....i have video of my bebop doing same thing ,if i find ill make some pictures and post it here

Hi, i have few bebops and i use to fly above a local lake where is bit windy,what you are seeing in your video i have seen many times,at 2min of your video i can see tree that is really moving a lot and that tells me that you bebop is not able to keep up with the wind...there is big difference between wind on the ground and up 30-40 meters....the easiest way to check is to download FlightDataManager to your computer and add telemetry to your video,you will see how bebop is acting when up in the air....i have video of my bebop doing same thing ,if i find ill make some pictures and post it here
Thankyou Skydreamer, i would appreciate that a lot. I will download FDM tomorrow and have a look.

That's when the camera runs out of room for stabilization. More likely to happen when looking up and going forward since that's looking through the edge of the lens.

>Its just strange that with the camera angled down it doesnt black out on the sides, but facing forward it happens

Keep in mind that the image you see is a rectangular crop from a circular fisheye image. The camera is physically angled downward, so even when the drone is level, if you set the electronic gimbal to look 'straight ahead' (horizon in the middle) then you are already 'tilted up' - the frame you see is selected from the top portion of the image circle. When you're flying fast in a straight line the drone is tilted forward at quite a steep angle, and so now to look 'straight ahead' the electronic gimbal has to tilt a long way up. Add in some image stabilisation and you can hit the curved top edge of the native image, which is, I think, why the black arcs appear.

I tried to visualise this in this post.

Reactions: Kilrah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar