Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cameraman 'Bob'

yarrr

Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done about the vertical 'bobbing' in the Cameraman shot as the Anafi tracks the subject?

Is it expected/normal? I originally thought it was from trying to track moving objects (like construction equipment), but it happens even if I track stationary/ obvious objects.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Is it expected/normal? I originally thought it was from trying to track moving objects (like construction equipment), but it happens even if I track stationary/ obvious objects.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
I use the touch & fly POI mode to track standing objects. There is no camera fluctuation here. It keeps you beautifully in the center of the picture wherever I fly. This does not work on an optical principle but is held by the camera (GPS) point. The tilt of the camera must be adjusted according to the height of the object (building).

Reactions: yarrr and zandoli
Touch and Fly POI works best for stationary subjects.

Use cameraman when tracking large moving subjects from a distance (cruise ship, etc)

Great, will try POI- this is really the functionality that I was looking for, thanks!

Even in their demo for Cameraman it is bobbing a bit, I've found it to be even more pronounced...

Touch and Fly POI works best for stationary subjects.

Use cameraman when tracking large moving subjects from a distance (cruise ship, etc)

The effect of course is more pronounced closer you are near the object being tracked as well drone height, having said that I have it occur when doing an orbit around an 30 meter high statue from around 50 meters away.

It becomes really noticeable if you do speed ramping orbits - where you see the nodding effect!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae