Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Carbon Props

vekthor

Reaction score
Hi all
Having previously owned DJI hardware, and currently being both Spark and Anafi fan, i get the chills everytime i fly it.
Love the quietness, portability, camera, range... but the props are without a doubt the weak link on the bird.
What do you think about the possibility of carbon props on the Anafi?
I've never been a fan of carbon props, but on the Anafi (if possible), i truly believe it would be a plus. The stock blades are light and quiet, but they are also them main cause of deep dives...
Just asking my fellow pilots an opinion.
Thank you

If you look around in several forums and on Facebook, you will find some reports on crashes. But only seldom it comes really clear, that the props are the "main cause" for crashes.
So I don't agree with you that the props are "the weak link on the bird".
Anyway maybe carbon props would give a better feeling of safety.

Reactions: vekthor
they are also them main cause of deep dives...
definitely agree with Dirk_ANAFI, where is your evidence regarding the issue with standard props?
I believe that it is only a minority that have an issue with their drone (these people always shout loudest, those that are happy are busy flying) and these issues are most likely due to insufficient gps lock.
I do also believe that the freeflight 6 is not yet the finished article but I see improvements from Parrot with each new release, so I am optomistic that they will get there in the end - nothing can be perfect straight out of the box.

Props might not be a problem but I still would like to see companies like Master Airscrew come out with a prop of the own. Companies like this will produce a top quality prop with some sort of improvement.

Hi all
Having previously owned DJI hardware, and currently being both Spark and Anafi fan, i get the chills everytime i fly it.
Love the quietness, portability, camera, range... but the props are without a doubt the weak link on the bird.
What do you think about the possibility of carbon props on the Anafi?
I've never been a fan of carbon props, but on the Anafi (if possible), i truly believe it would be a plus. The stock blades are light and quiet, but they are also them main cause of deep dives...
Just asking my fellow pilots an opinion.
Thank you

Strange thinking. To my knowledge, there are no reports of broken props-knives yet as a direct cause to an crash. Why then go with those thoughts ?

Additionally, you have the factory warranty to be able to pull on with a crash on an unmodified Anafi. If you assemble knives from a third party manufacturer you will most likely not be able to maintain that warranty.

Should I be honest, pilot error is probably the biggest source to an Anafi vil crash.

Regards Leif.

Thank you all for your thoughts.
I supose and to a degree confess it's just my opinion in regard to the props on the anafi.
In reality i assume i would have prefered a type of quick release lock system like the one on the spark for example.

Thank you

Thank you all for your thoughts.
I supose and to a degree confess it's just my opinion in regard to the props on the anafi.
In reality i assume i would have prefered a type of quick release lock system like the one on the spark for example.

Thank you

Quick mount props will probably cost some more money to develop than Parrot's simple system. The Parrot's way do not make me anything since they are well protected when the legs are folded into the transportation position. If all manufacturers do it on the DJI's way, new methods will never be tested.

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar