Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Replacement Props

Lestat

Reaction score
what dose every one on here think of none oem prop replacements like Anbee 16pcs Propeller Props Blades for Parrot Anafi as they are half price and double the amount of the oem version
am looking at getting a new set as i have had to replace 2 of the props due to my dog putting her nose on the drone as it was taking off

i am thinking of sticking with the oem ones but if the Anbee work just as well i will get them.

Well you will get a lot of people telling you that OEM are the only props to use. Myself when I first got my Anafi back in July odf 2018 here in Canada we could not get OEM props so I talked to Parrot support and the sent me a link to the very same props you have listed. I thought at the time if they think they are good enough as replacements who am I to argue?
Once I had them the looked exactly the same. The only problem I had with a couple is the Hub part of the prop was a tad wider and when you tighten the screw back down the prop would not spin freely. All I did was lightly sand the Hub down till it spun around with no resistance. Been using them now for over 6 months with no problems to date.

They break in flight. Don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: phitar
the one thing that is bad with 4 props vs 1 in RC, is that if one of your four break on your quad via a bad prop, a bird a big bug, there is no limping it back home, it's dead weight in the air that is coming right back down with no control.

I’ve experimented with several types, the best are ZEEY ANAFI Low Noise Propeller Well Balanced Blades Props for Parrot ANAFI

They auctually are quieter over stock, good range too. Copy and paste

ZEEY ANAFI Low Noise Propeller Well Balanced Blades Props for Parrot ANAFI

Onto eBay, can get these here in USA quickly. Other than Stock propellers, these are the only ones I’ll use. Stay away from the painted prop tip ones, off balance and weight is a gram or two more per prop.

Good luck,
Paul

QUOTE="Lestat, post: 22440, member: 2499"]
what dose every one on here think of none oem prop replacements like Anbee 16pcs Propeller Props Blades for Parrot Anafi as they are half price and double the amount of the oem version
am looking at getting a new set as i have had to replace 2 of the props due to my dog putting her nose on the drone as it was taking off

i am thinking of sticking with the oem ones but if the Anbee work just as well i will get them.
[/QUOTE]

How does one confirm or check balance on two piece props like these?!?

My head is saying the only way would be to make sure both props weigh the same.

Last edited:
That is correct, these props are so small use a scale, as parrotanafifan mentions get a scale off eBay very inexpensive.

Stay away from painted tip props, stick with stock and if you do go with an off brand use ZEEY ANAFI Low Noise Propeller Well Balanced Blades Props. These are pretty good, well balanced.

Good luck, Paul

How does one confirm or check balance on two piece props like these?!?

My head is saying the only way would be to make sure both props weigh the same.

When I bought the Anafi, I got a bit excited and bought an extra pack of OEM props - so I have 2 spare sets, but so far (touch wood!) I have seen no reason to change the props, they have been working great.

The scientist in me is intrigued about balancing these two piece props!!

I always balance my model plane one piece and folding props. The only way that I can see to balance the Anafi props accurately is to make a balanced adaptor to fit a pair of props onto and also fit the balancer. However weighing the props would be a good start to get matched pairs but a very accurate scale would be needed. Or, thinking about it, we do not need to know the actual weight just whether one prop is heavier than the other so a simple balance beam would do and be very accurate. If you want to go further you could also measure the CofG of the prop by balancing on a knife edge but life is probably too short for this!

Reactions: SidBlonde
Exactly my thinking - not sure COG difference between props would have as much impact as weight differences.

But like you said life is too short for that!!! :)

well just out of curiosity while ordering official blades i also ordered the Andee blades
got them today and put them on the weighing scales Anafi blades where all 0.63g and the Anbee where A fitting 0.70g and the B fitting where 0.74g

don`t know if this would cause a problem but think i will stick to the Anafi blades

well just out of curiosity while ordering official blades i also ordered the Andee blades
got them today and put them on the weighing scales Anafi blades where all 0.63g and the Anbee where A fitting 0.70g and the B fitting where 0.74g

don`t know if this would cause a problem but think i will stick to the Anafi blades

Using my digital jewelry scale that I use for weighing out spices I weighed my brand new set of OEM props.
A Props where all 0.6g
B Props where all 0.5g

Weight the Anbee props I have
A Props where all 0.6g
B props where all 0.7g

So I really don't think the small difference is going to make or break the Anafi.

Been running Anbee props on my first Anafi for over 5 months now with no signs of any problems.

Reactions: Lestat and Aiden88
Using my digital jewelry scale that I use for weighing out spices I weighed my brand new set of OEM props.
A Props where all 0.6g
B Props where all 0.5g

Weight the Anbee props I have
A Props where all 0.6g
B props where all 0.7g

So I really don't think the small difference is going to make or break the Anafi.

Been running Anbee props on my first Anafi for over 5 months now with no signs of any problems.
you mean this one, right? (Amazon.it because i'm italian :))

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I had a crash due to replacement props purchased on amazon. They looked cool: white in front like the camera, black in back.
See attached photos: in black the original, in white the copies. Two visible differences: cylindrical vs conical shape of the screw passage, and a very poor parting surface.
They did make a tad more noise flying, I should have worried but all went fine... for 6mn.
Luckily, amazon recognised the problem came from the props and replaced my drone legs (one broke during a fall from 150m)
Bottom line: please, don't be an idiot like me, buy the original props.

Attachments

• PB261698.jpg
    PB261698.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • PB261702.jpg
    PB261702.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Funny the only prop I have broken in 17 months has been one original and that was after 120 flights. Been using aftermarket for 12 months now without a problem. What after market props did you get??
I bought the Anbee props with zero issues.

Judging by the pictures - they bought the ones which are much thicker and heavier than the originals - I bought a set by mistake as well, and never used them.

They just looked like plastic which would shatter rather than flex!!

The Anbee or the OEM are the only way to go for replacements.

Reactions: Ratmir
Funny the only prop I have broken in 17 months has been one original and that was after 120 flights. Been using aftermarket for 12 months now without a problem. What after market props did you get??
I bought the Anbee props with zero issues.
PENIVO. It literally took 6mn before one broke off and the drone crashed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh