Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Propeller Tips / FF6 Error Message

SwellKel

Reaction score
So I just got my Anafi, and am a new flyer so please forgive my questions if these have been answered on the forum already...

On only my 10th flight, I experienced my first crash (fall from the sky) from what looked like a rear prop coming off during the first 45 seconds after take-off (luckily only about 25 feet up).

FreeFlight 6 gave me an error that said "Motors - The engines of the drone have cut out", as drone plummeted to the asphalt.

After the crash, the screw was still firmly in place in the arm/motor, and the prop looks to have broken off at the base (see below). It damaged 2 of the other propellers.

anafi-prop.jpg

Questions:

1: How often do Anafi flyers regularly replace props?
2: What is the typical cause of this type of break?
3. FF6 ERROR MESSAGE: "Motors - The engines of the drone have cut out" - What does this error mean?
4. What are the best aftermarket backup/spare props you have had luck with?

Thank you in advance for the tips!

jbuy41

Reaction score
Looks like what I experienced. Broke at the same place. They were new. Fortunately, I was only about 6 feet up.

Agustine

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are people on here that will disagree with me on this but I have had the stock props snap like that also. After running low on the OEM props I ordered Anbee Propeller Props Blades from Amazon. I found these props to be 0.5 grams heavier and not as silent as the OEM props. Some needed to have the hub sanded down a bit so they spun freely. I have hundreds of flights on these props now as I bought them back in July 30, 2018.
I feel that they are made a little stronger because of the added weight and may last longer then OEM props. I can put up with a little more noise if it means my Anafi keeps flying.

Reactions: dashSolo

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phdaddy