Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Charging times

Element

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'll start off in saying in that I am completely new when it comes to these higher end drones and only ever piddled about with some cheap toy ones in the past, but after researching for hours on end I decided that the anafi was great for its price point considering the camera quality and flight time. So today I decided to pull the trigger and actually get one and as I giddily opened the box I realized there was no charger, after looking around the parrot website it says it can be charged up through a few different methods so I thought fair enough, plugged it into my phone charger and left it. It took nearly 4 and a half hours to charge, this is also with it starting on two full "bars" with the third flashing.

Now the question here is, have I just plugged it into something severly underpowered, or could there be something wrong with the battery? Any help would be appreciated as when it comes to batteries I am clueless.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

You should tell us what the specs of the plug you used are. But the charging times highly depend on the supplied power of course. And i have seen some usb chargers for devices that didn’t even fullfill the usb standard.

Anyway, with the Anafi having USBc it can be charged pretty fast if you have an appropriate charger. I currently use my iPad Pro USB-C charger which is very fast compared to a normal usb charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Element
Wow thank you for such a fast response.

Input 100 - 240VAC ~ 150mA 50-60HZ
Output 5.0VDC 850mA

It's a sony charger. I hope this gives you a better picture.

Reactions: Seitenwerk
I agree with Agustine, the Anker chargers are often recommended if you are looking into fast chargers for a good price. So if you do not have any other charger at home you could try, it may be a good idea to get one of those. The are not expensive and pi can charger multiple devices or Anafi batteries at the same time

You need something like this and this is at the lower end for fast charging. It will charge in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerPort-Charger-Charge-PowerIQ/dp/B01N2HIR9R
I agree with Agustine, the Anker chargers are often recommended if you are looking into fast chargers for a good price. So if you do not have any other charger at home you could try, it may be a good idea to get one of those. The are not expensive and pi can charger multiple devices or Anafi batteries at the same time

Thanks for the responses guys, I have been wanting to get something like this in the future after looking at the official website charging times and this was going to be the next thing I was going to ask about, but unless I am mistaken about my charger parrot themselves have said:

Wall socket adapter (5V – 3A):between 150 and 210 minutes (2hrs 30mins to 3hrs 30mins)

Battery

Where as it took mine 4 and a half hours from a fresh partially charged battery, which is where I was worried something was wrong and led to my original post.

Yes, you neded 4.5h with your charger 0.85 A.
A charger 3A needs 150..210 min.
My USB-C PD charger reaches 95..105 min from below 10% up to 100%.

Yes, you neded 4.5h with your charger 0.85 A.
A charger 3A needs 150..210 min.
My USB-C PD charger reaches 95..105 min from below 10% up to 100%.

Okay so you're saying 850 mA = 0.85 A, therefore that is why it was slow as the guide was talking about 3A. Alright thanks guys, like I said I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this aspect so I appreciate the help.

In regard to the charger that was linked, it doesn't seem they sell that specific model where I come from for some reason. Am I just looking for a 3.0 40W charger?

Edit: I found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-SURPHY-Desktop-Charging-Station/dp/B0789BCPBZ that seems to be similar, do you reckon it's suitable?

Last edited:
If you happen to have a Samsung galaxy phone, you can use the fast charging wall wart on your Anafi. I have a Samsung S7 galaxy and the fast charging wall thing along with a good USB-C cord I ordered off amazon works good. I usually fly to 20% life and can charge back to full in 1 1/2hrs. Sure I wish it was faster but I can live with it. I really need a second battery but hate to drop a hundred bucks on one so am looking for other options currently.

Hi there,

I'll start off in saying in that I am completely new when it comes to these higher end drones and only ever piddled about with some cheap toy ones in the past, but after researching for hours on end I decided that the anafi was great for its price point considering the camera quality and flight time. So today I decided to pull the trigger and actually get one and as I giddily opened the box I realized there was no charger, after looking around the parrot website it says it can be charged up through a few different methods so I thought fair enough, plugged it into my phone charger and left it. It took nearly 4 and a half hours to charge, this is also with it starting on two full "bars" with the third flashing.

Now the question here is, have I just plugged it into something severly underpowered, or could there be something wrong with the battery? Any help would be appreciated as when it comes to batteries I am clueless.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I think you should immediately contact Parrot and ask them to send you a charger for the battery, which was not included in the original purchase, which I believe should be. That's on them, not you. Then charge properly :).

No, as surprising as it may be the anafi always comes without a charger. Even in the "extended" package...

Yea, I just checked the package list for the ANAFI on the Best Buy web site, and your right, original packaging only included the charging cable etc... Crazy I know. For as much as we're paying for the ANAFI $$, you'd think Parrot could include a charger for the battery. Here's a link to Iris Guy's Adventure channel, discussing how he charges more than one Parrot ANAFI battery at a time.

maybe it is just me but the lack of a dedicated charger isn't really a big deal to me. I have at least a half dozen wall wart chargers staged around the house since we use several items that charge off them. two of them are the Samsung fast charging type so I always make sure to use one of those since they are very noticeably quicker than regular wall wart type chargers. My only wish list item would be for Parrot to lower the price on their batteries.

Reactions: Moonfly
I have 5 or 6 of these at home. With relative cable. I can simultaneously charge the battery and the SC3. When i take another battery (if the price goes down!) I also charge that. The charging solution chose by Parrot may seem strange, but for me it is convenient.

I think the way Parrot viewed it was that most of us have chargers hanging around that will work just fine, even if you only have something like a Samsung charger, even my 85+ year old Mother-in-Law has a USB charger :)

And the provision of a dedicated charger, would of added to the cost of the package, and likely more than what its currently costing us to purchase an Anker or similar from Amazon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut