Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Checking in from N. AL

Alphaman

Reaction score
Hi all, real happy to be here!
Okay, yeah, I’ve been here for a while, I’ve actually had a Parrot AR.Drone since they first came out in what, 2010? And yes, it still flies.
But flying it is a chore, with poor altitude stability, no geolocation, and very limited WiFi range. All that for postage-stamp size video, and my bird didn’t get flown as much in recent years as it used to. (Flying indoors happened frequently — I even posted a YouTube a decade ago of me using my AR.Drone inside our library to clean spider webs out of the vaulted ceiling in the atrium! Don’t worry, the library was closed!)
But, hey, it was recently Christmas, so I was able to swing a refurb Anafi at a really good price, plus some accessories (landing pad, filters, and I even scored a set of CockpitGlasses 2) for my late Christmas present to myself! ? It’s still on its way here, having just landed in Knoxville on a jet airliner... can’t wait! Only a couple hundred more miles to go!
I live near Huntsville, AL, USA; flights are pretty heavily restricted in lots of areas around here, with both an international and a military airport, as well as a large military and NASA installation — all just over 5 miles from my home. Oh, and I’m under the flight path for Huntsville International, so... I won’t be flying very high around my house!
Looking forward to learning more from the more experienced aviators here, and sharing my experience as an aviation buff who worked in the aerospace industry, computer engineer, and amateur photog.
Thanks for being here!
Aaron

Welcome to the forum from the UK. I hope that you enjoy your new purchase.
It’s a win! Received it yesterday and did a very brief indoor test flight. All systems go, and I am thrilled with how stable and quiet it is.
Thanks for the welcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nachiketh