Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Connecting SkyController 3 to Android Phone (Galaxy J5)

CaptainKidd

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,
I'm a complete newbie to drones, so just bought an Anafi as it looks awesome and simple to use.

However, I can't connect my Samsung Galaxy J5 to the SkyController - keep getting a "We can't detect your controller" message in FF6. I went out and bought a new USB cable, but still get the same problem. When connected to the SkyController, it just charges the phone.

Is there some setting on the phone which prevents connection to the controller? I've turned on Airplane mode etc.

Any ideas?

Wish I could help. I have the LG 6G and it work perfectly till a couple of days ago. Now it is hit or miss if it connects right away. I also bought good cables. Mine I can get it to connect after some playing around but there is no rhyme or reason why it connects when it does. I would call support and let them know what is going on as this is a new product and I am sure the App is not set up for all phones or tablets. The more info they get to resolve some of our problems the better for all of us.

As a last resort have you tried a hard reboot on your phone?

My sequence is put the Phone in the holder (S8+) power on the drone, plug in cable, when I plug in the cable it defaults to FF6 opens and takes about 20-30 seconds to get the green "Fly" icon.

Reactions: dashSolo
Many thanks for the responses.
I bought yet another USB cable (a relatively expensive one); un-installed and re-installed FF6; re-booted the phone; plugged in the phone and hey presto, FF6 starts up and I've got a connection to the SkyController.

I had never flown a drone before (or used a games controller), but within 5 minutes I had mastered it. What a great little drone.
Diolch yn fawr!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44