Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crash in sea / no data of the flight / propellers engine shut down?

Reaction score
Helll today my Anafi just crashed in the sea.... i don t know what s going on... i try to take a picture of myself near a hight clif and suddenly UAV flip and wasn t controlable... and drop on the sea... in the application i don t have any data about the flight... so not easy to maybe know the root cause of this crash ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-184035_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-184035_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me but in a lake. I was taking photos, the Freeflight app locked up and I looked over at the drone only to see it falling into the water. Others have had the same issue and from what I can tell it can either be that the battery wasn't fully attached or the program that runs the drone failed and shut the drone down.

It s really amazing to see at the price of this UAV that the soft can crash and shutdown the UAV during the flight... hope Parrot customer service is honnest and can replace mine... what s the output from your incident? You have a new one?

Last edited:
Mine happened outside of the warranty period so I did not receive a replacement. I recovered the drone from the water about a month later and was hoping it still worked but the downward facing camera no longer worked so I'm out of luck. I haven't done anything with drones since and I'm thinking of offering up what I do have as parts on this forum.

This was my report when I lost mine.

Mine happened outside of the warranty period so I did not receive a replacement. I recovered the drone from the water about a month later and was hoping it still worked but the downward facing camera no longer worked so I'm out of luck. I haven't done anything with drones since and I'm thinking of offering up what I do have as parts on this forum.

This was my report when I lost mine.

Mine is 2 years old so i think it will be over...

Mine is 2 years old so i think it will be over...
Agreed but it never hurts to ask. I still wish they would have offered a refurbished drone as a replacement at a good price as to me it seemed like a software issue but they didn’t offer anything.

You can find a premature logfile on your smartphone on internal storage / android / data / com.parrot.freeflight6 / files / logs.

Unzip it and re-arrange based on the time stamps, and you might be able to find what happened.

You can find a premature logfile on your smartphone on internal storage / android / data / com.parrot.freeflight6 / files / logs.

Unzip it and re-arrange based on the time stamps, and you might be able to find what happened.
Hello , thank you but i have no dara here too... unzip 69 log and the crash was the 70 ... thank again !

Unlikely a crash was caused by the app crashing, the app uses api's to talk to the drone - you can disconnect the SC3, kill FF6, unplug the leads, swap phones and a million other things and the drone will just hover in the sky then RTH when power is low - it will not just drop out of the sky because it has lost contact with FF6 or FF6 has crashed!

So many people have this idea that somehow FF6 is keeping the drone in the air, and without it running the drone will somehow fall from the sky!!

There are only two things which cause the Anafi to drop out of the sky - mechanical failure (prop fail, motor fail), or hardware fail (battery voltage sagging/brown out, motherboard connection working loose, electronics die, etc).

I frequently closed the app and reopen it during flight, and indeed that doesn't cause a crash.
For the logfile: when a crash happens, the standard json log is not created. You have to find the premature logfile based on date and time.

Unlikely a crash was caused by the app crashing, the app uses api's to talk to the drone - you can disconnect the SC3, kill FF6, unplug the leads, swap phones and a million other things and the drone will just hover in the sky then RTH when power is low - it will not just drop out of the sky because it has lost contact with FF6 or FF6 has crashed!

So many people have this idea that somehow FF6 is keeping the drone in the air, and without it running the drone will somehow fall from the sky!!

There are only two things which cause the Anafi to drop out of the sky - mechanical failure (prop fail, motor fail), or hardware fail (battery voltage sagging/brown out, motherboard connection working loose, electronics die, etc).
Thank you for these inputs. For the propelers i change them 3 flight before so i hope isnt that. For the other things idk... and i think i will never know 😑🤫.

Agreed but it never hurts to ask. I still wish they would have offered a refurbished drone as a replacement at a good price as to me it seemed like a software issue but they didn’t offer anything.
Most difficul thing is to join them... phone doesn t work ... no mail... and with the support way my waranty is outdate so Parrot block the next step...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar