Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crooked Body Weirdness

BigNutz

Reaction score
HEY ADMINS! I'm an idiot and dropped this in the wrong room. Could you move it over to the Bebop 2 room? I don't think I'm able to do that, am I? THANKS

Hey Yo's:

None of my 4 batteries, when seated and installed for flight, fit without what seems to be a couple of degrees of offset when compared to the plastic head and camera housing. To see what that jumble of words I just typed trying to explain actually looks like, I've added some photos.

So this isn't really a safety of flight issue, based on what I'm certain is just a cosmetic issue, but I'm curious if it's a common issue. The Bebop 2 was purchased as a gift for me, and I'm certain it was a refurbished unit sold at a discount. The gap in early history of this aircraft notwithstanding, insofar as my operations, the aircraft has only been involved in 4 minor mishaps, none of which were capable of tweaking the frame. Plus, I noticed this discrepancy during unboxing and initial familiarization process when I first o mounted a battery the airframe.

Again,, I have experienced no operational effects or impacts which may have manifested from this issue.

Anyone else have a crooked Bebop 2?

Attachments

• 20200226_073821.jpg
    20200226_073821.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200226_073826.jpg
    20200226_073826.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200226_073835.jpg
    20200226_073835.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200226_073848.jpg
    20200226_073848.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Neither of my drones have this gap when I snap in the battery. It does not look like it will cause a problem. Only thing I would make sure of is when you install the battery that you hear the click and then try tugging on it to make sure it is secured.

Mike

Neither of my drones have this gap when I snap in the battery. It does not look like it will cause a problem. Only thing I would make sure of is when you install the battery that you hear the click and then try tugging on it to make sure it is secured.

Mike
Yeah, for sure. I make a point to ensure the spring-loaded battery retention clip on the backs of each battery are engaged and give a quick tug to make sure.

Honestly, if anything it's locking the batteries in more securely. It definitely takes more pressure to disengage that clip to allow me to slide the batteries back to take them off. The sliding action is not super easy either, so as far as safety of flight or and increases in risk, I think we're ok.

It'll most likely eventually result in premature failure of of those battery retention clips, which I suspect weren't intended to be under that amount of tension while installed on the drone. I'm keeping a close eye on the material integrity of all the parts which could be effected by that increased tension to try and find any cracks or flexing indicative of likely failure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut