Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dark picture

Christoph

Reaction score
Hello!
Since yesterday afternoon (in the morning it was still normal) my Anafi is making way too dark pictures - the one I'm seeing on my phone and also the recorded footage on the SD card. Are there any settings, where I can fix that, or is something broken?

Sounds like you might have accidentally underexposed your images somehow.

Are you shooting automatically or manually, as in are you controlling exposure by setting the ISO & shutter speed, or are you capturing automatically exposed images? If you are in Pro mode, there is exposure compensation that can be adjusted, you may have accidentally changed it to be under-exposed somehow. I don't know if you can under-expose in the automated image capture mode as I haven't used it for photographs.

Thanks for the quick respond! I'm quite new into droning and the Anafi, so I don't know, where to find the settings you are mentioning. I couldnt find any of them here, and I am not aware of another menu.

Attachments

• sendme.jpg
    sendme.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the quick respond! I'm quite new into droning and the Anafi, so I don't know, where to find the settings you are mentioning. I couldnt find any of them here, and I am not aware of another menu.
These settings are on the main screen, not where you are looking! ;)

In this first image there is a section labelled "Jpeg Rect." If you touch that, it will open up the exposure settings for you.

In the following image, you can see that this button is now highlighted in green, because I touched it & that has opened up the exposure settings for us.

In this example, the centre part says "0.0 EV" which means it is exposing normally & the exposure is being set automatically, as indicated by the yellow part on the lower left.

In this next example, the exposure is underexposed severely, as indicated by the green part saying "-2.7 EV" this is also indicated by the needle below that being off to the far left.

You need to touch the button with the "#.# EV" to bring up the slider for controlling the exposure compensation control.

If you are underexposed, simply get it back to "0.0 EV" like the following image.

Once you have it back to "0.0 EV" again, touch the "Jpeg Rect" button & it should go back to looking like the first image above in this response from me.

I'll suggest for you just to start off using Auto settings for your photographs, until you start to understand what does what & how!

Good luck with it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3201
The above post is very good and very thorough.

Funnily enough I had exactly the same problem the other day and discovered that the EV was set to -3.0. Resetting it to 0.0 solved the problem, of course.
I do not know how the setting had become -3.0. I have many Anafi flights under my belt and know how and when to make any adjustments to the EV value. Just one of those things?!

Anyone new to the Anafi might not realise that even though you have the settings at Auto, the EV value can still be changed (intentionally or accidentally!).

Hope this helps someone.

Interesting. I just checked my freeflight 6 app and it also shows EV was set to -3.0. That seems odd since I am brand new to flying and have never touched any of the photo settings other than to switch between camera and video.

I suspect it has something to do with the added update
  • Your image settings are now stored (Shutter speed, HDR, ISO, WB, contrast, saturation, P-Log, etc..)

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been having similar problems with video. One day I get clear images and the next day very dark. I will be checking the EV settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut