Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Data Request: Parrot Anafi Thermal Survey Imagery

Saijin_Naib

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm working to try and get OpenDroneMap to properly support the Thermal imagery from the Parrot Anafi Thermal.

What do I need?
I need a sample dataset of at least 10 images collected in a Survey Flight Plan of some sort (grid, cross-grid, etc), so that we can try to reconstruct the data and make sure that we can properly handle the imagery, naming convention, band orders, data format, etc.

So, this would be a link to your dataset containing the JPG/DNG/TIFFs from your sUAS and your permission that we can use them for the purpose outlined above.

What do you get?
If you don't use any free/open-source software that relies upon OpenDroneMap, then likely nothing other than my most sincere thanks and the satisfaction of knowing that you made a critical contribution to the greater FOSS Photogrammetry community by providing much-needed sample data.

If you do use things like OpenDroneMap, you gain (eventually!) the ability to process your Thermal imagery into useful data such as point clouds, DEMs, and 3D models!

What does this support mean?
It means we go from having completely broken support for the Parrot Anafi Thermal data, to perfectly usable and correct reconstructions from this data!

Call for data from OpenDroneMap Community:

I will have a link to the jpegs by the end of the day.
I also will post a link in your other post with jpegs from Beebop too.

Thank you for taking on this project!

• Love
Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I will have a link to the jpegs by the end of the day.
I also will post a link in your other post with jpegs from Beebop too.

Thank you for taking on this project!
Thank you SO much. Sincerely, this is a HUGE help for us.

Do you happen to have a Bebop Pro Thermal as well? I didn't post in that forum yet, but that could be good coverage for us to have as well.

Okay here is a link to a Google Drive Zip folder with the Anafi Thermal images.
Note: There are 2 circular orbits and 1 double grid

Circular 1: P2020572 to P2370607
Circular 2: P2380608 to P2730643
Double Grid: P2740644 to P5220892

And I do not have access to a Beebop Thermal, but if I do find some I will let you know.

Link to data: P2020572.zip

Let me know if if works or if you have any questions.

• Love
Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I've upstreamed this to the OpenDroneMap developers, so thank you!

I'll let you know if we need anything further for the Anafi Thermal.

And if you don't mind keeping an eye out for Bebop Pro Thermal, I would be quite grateful!

Hey all,

I'm working to try and get OpenDroneMap to properly support the Thermal imagery from the Parrot Anafi Thermal.

What do I need?
I need a sample dataset of at least 10 images collected in a Survey Flight Plan of some sort (grid, cross-grid, etc), so that we can try to reconstruct the data and make sure that we can properly handle the imagery, naming convention, band orders, data format, etc.

So, this would be a link to your dataset containing the JPG/DNG/TIFFs from your sUAS and your permission that we can use them for the purpose outlined above.

What do you get?
If you don't use any free/open-source software that relies upon OpenDroneMap, then likely nothing other than my most sincere thanks and the satisfaction of knowing that you made a critical contribution to the greater FOSS Photogrammetry community by providing much-needed sample data.

If you do use things like OpenDroneMap, you gain (eventually!) the ability to process your Thermal imagery into useful data such as point clouds, DEMs, and 3D models!

What does this support mean?
It means we go from having completely broken support for the Parrot Anafi Thermal data, to perfectly usable and correct reconstructions from this data!

Call for data from OpenDroneMap Community:
Hi
I'm new to this forum, we just got an Anafi Thermal and we are starting to work with it.
We already have a few sets up to 500 + photos and we would like to share - it would be nice to have the possibility to process them completely with WebODM, for the time being it does not work.
How can I send them to you?
João Pedro

Hi
I'm new to this forum, we just got an Anafi Thermal and we are starting to work with it.
We already have a few sets up to 500 + photos and we would like to share - it would be nice to have the possibility to process them completely with WebODM, for the time being it does not work.
How can I send them to you?
João Pedro
Hey, João!

If it can be public, dronedb.app is my recommendation!

You can use my video link below to see a comparison between WebODM and Pix4d mapper. Both are equally good !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian