Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Disassemble camera from gimbal

Exactly... But obviously, first try to swap it directly... See it with your eyes. Maybe I'm wrong...
As for the ribbon extraction, proceed with extreme care, very slowly. I heated all metal parts with a heatgun previously at 150 dgr C, just to peel it off easier.
Take care also when you reinsert the plugs in the driver boards. I managed to compromise one... or was it already, I dont' know. (badly crashed birds...)
It's doable, I've done it 3 or 4 times... but useless again... If the driver boards are not paired somehow, too (my theory, again) it does the calibration dance (so ribbon replacement OK), but reports error.
If you don't attach the original camera via it's video cable it even doesn't starts the dance.
Good luck!
Actually, to unglue the ribbon, we could use isopropylene (not heating), no? Seems to be much safer!

Just for my info - who was the seller ? :cautious: Not wanting to be a policeman, but...
1234 shop (Austria), they have a large turnover of used Anafi parts and new items almost every day. High rating as well...

Interesting... I bought a lot of things from them...
Usually the descriptions turned out to be true... :cautious: But remember: they are gimbals from crashed drones, probably tested in their own frames... I guess ...
But I'm not 100% sure they know what are they selling... Or they are able to give you advices.
Also, remember they have a very strict non-return policy...
Keep your fingers crossed - as I said, I can be wrong, but I have too much time invested and experimental base here to know what am I saying.
Please report after installing.
Not tried desticking with alcohol - not sure if they stick back after that properly, but maybe it works.
Good luck!

Interesting... I bought a lot of things from them...
Usually the descriptions turned out to be true... :cautious: But remember: they are gimbals from crashed drones, probably tested in their own frames... I guess ...
But I'm not 100% sure they know what are they selling... Or they are able to give you advices.
Also, remember they have a very strict non-return policy...
Keep your fingers crossed - as I said, I can be wrong, but I have too much time invested and experimental base here to know what am I saying.
Please report after installing.
Not tried desticking with alcohol - not sure if they stick back after that properly, but maybe it works.
Good luck!
I already tried to install the new gimbal - the camera works, but both motors are unfortunately dead (((. I tried to hard reset the drone, soft reset - nothing helps... I remember that originally the gimbal was activates in the inizialisation process (immediately after power up). Now the drone doesn't even try to move the gimbal in the power up process (((

Yeah, this is all about. Just for curiosity, insert the original gimbal's video cable in the mainboard with the new one installed (motor cables) It should dance, but for some strange reason it's still not enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sedoj
You can contact the seller and ask if they did such a surgery (and if yes, then how exactly) or they are giving advices like service-hotlines with pre-made answers.
But, again, afterall it's listed as a DIY item...

Hi, folks!
I'm the author of the original post from the other thread regarding the pairing theory.
I have more than 12 crashed birds (Ebay...) and by doing all possible combinations this is my sad conclusion. I done resets after each operation, even FW updates... Nothing.
Do you have some other info from different places?
As I remember correctly DJI does the same... I have no idea (not-so-official) DJI repair centers what can do.
Nothing conspirological , probably it has a very good reason to do it (field of view, chroma, geometry adjustments - I don't know...).
The camera board has 3 chips : the CMOS imaging sensor, an Invensense 3 axis giroscope IC and an epoxy embedded something. There can be stored pairing info in the first and the last I think. Communication to the motherboard is done via the same multicore "video" cable.
Hacking a little bit with the help of the released SDK probably will help by analyzing the stored parameters. (It was partly done already to he Bebops).
As for Ebay gimbals... fingers crossed. My advice is to use them only for ribbons. BTW, I have 5 or 6 mint gimbals... only good for video feed. :(
The biggest question is if there are "official" Parrot gimbal repair packs :). I saw none, but if there will be it will raise some questions... The same is true for "replacement" mainboards.
Thank you mazsola,

This information you’ve shared is what we need, Answers a lot of our questions and which direction to take when we have theses issues.

Thanks for taking the time to share, appreciate this and hope you continue to share more in the future.

Thanks again,
Paul

Yeah, this is all about. Just for curiosity, insert the original gimbal's video cable in the mainboard with the new one installed (motor cables) It should dance, but for some strange reason it's still not enough.
Dear mazsola, YOU WERE RIGHT!!!
****, when I plugged my *old* camera, the new gimbal revived... OMG, **why** they did it this way?
So, now I know more-or-less for sure that the motor-board is OK. (all motors working perfectly). The camera (in the new gimbal) looks in some arbitrary direction after the "dance" but probably it's normal because it's not calibrated.
Any advises, what shall I do now? I have a functional drone with a torn ribbon, I have a new gimbal (for which unfortunately paid a lot because I was sure it will be useful!). How can I resolve the situation??

Thank you mazsola,

This information you’ve shared is what we need, Answers a lot of our questions and which direction to take when we have theses issues.

Thanks for taking the time to share, appreciate this and hope you continue to share more in the future.

Thanks again,
Paul
Dear Paul, please see my answer to mazsola. Almost unbelievable, but not it's a fact for me as well - THEY ARE PAIRED! (((
Does anybody have this ribbon to send to me? Then seems I'll resolve my issue! Would be so grateful!
Alex

This is not very uncommon to have a paired board to the camera. I have run into this with the Yunnec CGO-2 camera for my Q500 UAV. If you had a bad enough crash the small cable connecting the camera to the UAV would pull off the connector from the camera board. Since micro soldering was not something that most of us can do we searched replacement boards and found them but they would not work as they where not paired to the camera. Yuneec were the only ones that could reprogram the boards to make them work. I ended up sending my board away to iPad Rehab and they fixed it no problem. It would be good to get a part number for that cable so we can order direct from who ever makes them.

Dear All! )
I have extracted the ribbon from the new gimbal, installed in my old one and ... magically, everything works. So, indeed, the gimbals are paired to MBs. Parrot, why???

And yes, isopropylene helps to dissolve the glue and detach the ribbon!
Alex

Reactions: zandoli
Dear All! )
I have extracted the ribbon from the new gimbal, installed in my old one and ... magically, everything works. So, indeed, the gimbals are paired to MBs. Parrot, why???

And yes, isopropylene helps to dissolve the glue and detach the ribbon!
Alex
Great Alex,

Glad to hear the new ribbon fixed the issues, We are jumping through so many loops to get our Anafi drones working like they should.

With my Camera, the live feed harness was having issues after fixing the tilt/stabilitizer features. After replacing the live feed harness with the one WezshOT sent me, that corrected the live feed issue all is working great.

Keep us posted, looking forward to seeing pictures or videos from your area. I’ll sgare some of mine soon, took some neat shots yesterday of an Native American village.

All the best,
Paul

Reactions: Sedoj

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73