Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DIY Parrot Anafi FPV glasses

That is a good idea if a little crudely executed. I am sure that there will be others who build on his idea.

I just received my cheap* VR Google (25$)
I will be the next to build on this idea ;o) probably with a thin bended copper plate...

Just tested the VR possibilities of the Anafi... and I must say I am very impressed !

Congratulations to Parrot for adding this option embedded in the free software FF6 !

* l think there are even cheaper options for the VR Goggles, but I wanted to be able to set the lens distance separately for both eyes (so there are two sliders on the top, one per eye, and a slider for the inter-pupil distance). The one sold by Parrot seems great too...

Last edited:
I've tested different Goggle Glases (VR)..., tested in different Shops and order online and......... send a lot of VRs back... All of them wasn't clear or cheap factoring or....
My favorite is the Zeiss VR One Plus.
Also if you can not adjust the lens: The FOV is good, I don't see any reason to adjust the Lenses. In a normal life I must carry an eye glas for reading. This was the only one, which works out of the box.
In the meantime you can do it find them for round about 15€ at Ebay (earlier this one was much expansive)

On the 2nd place is the Noon VR Pro. This one contains loudspeaker.
This both once are stay at home.
The interests is, that the Rezessionen in the shops sounds other as my experience

I have a bought a 9 Pack Stylus Bundle a while back. They are very cheap but work really well for touch phones or tablets. I took the one end off with the touch pad off and used pliers to squish it flat enough to fit between my phone and the VR goggles. I put a little ark in it so the pad would contact the phone. It fits tight in place and works like a lever. It is solid and easy to find when wanting to change between modes.
I am only interested in switching between FPV and cell phone camera so I have VLOS when it is close to me and I can see what is going on. Took it out for a try this morning and so far it works great.
A little hard to get things lined up at first but once the phone is in place and VR goggles are closed on the phone everything is nice and tight.

2017_0127_030937_001.JPG

2017_0127_030953_002.JPG

2017_0127_031025_003.JPG

As I have a desoldering braid made of copper, I preferred to use it over the aluminum foil (that certainly works but this braid has a ‘spring effect’ that helps touch the screen, feels more solid, very conductive properties of copper).
Plying the braid and make if flat at the points of contacts helps to improve the contact surface.

I just used black tape and the braid to re-create the 2 functions built in FF6 :

- The menu function (then use the controls on the SkyController 3 to scroll through the menus and validate final choices by just pressing again the menu button on the VR mask).
- The ‘see through’ function (I chose to locate the ‘button’ on the right bottom side of the mask), and just centered the contact with the phone between the two images.

See below pictures of this cheap 25$ mask DIY solution... not as elegant as Parrot’s mask... but hey ! It’s a DIY thread here ;o)
Just ‘touch the copper’ and the menu pops up...

I’ll try to fly this afternoon and will report back (but works great in my kitchen !)

—————

Edit : After 2 test flights, I remarked that :

- The contacts do work, but I have to double an flatten the contact zones widths.
- Sometimes, the ‘See through’ button on the bottom of the right side does not need to be touched to trigger. It just switches to see through on its own. I have to press it again to come back to Anafi view. (If anyone is familiar with capacitive circuits...)
- it may be better with a mechanism that moves and touch the screen, than my fixed system ... I’ll try something else later.
- The metallic-like painting on the mask border, did seem to promote a contact between both copper braids, I had to add some tape under the braid to insulate them (but still not a 100% reliable system).

6557AAEA-144A-420C-8050-1C5167AC3587.jpegF647E90D-A2DB-4C18-BA8C-2D8A6D89F92D.jpeg
4ED6194D-0623-41BD-900D-4422D81DDEF1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Aiden88 and McAl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville