Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Downloading files straight to iPad/iPhone?

I use Apple's SD card reader. It plugs into the lightning port; the phone recognizes it and presents options for copying photos to your folders. Very quick and convenient.

Yes i have tried that with the card out.I would rather leave the card in the machine and access it via the cord just wondered if it worked with a usb c to lightning cable.
If i plug the anafi into a mac it doesn’t see the files..pc’s work fine

It will work just plugging it into the drone (drone on, of course) and leaving the card in....But, as you discovered, MAC/iPhone has another step to take to enable this...Possibly enable "USB debugging" or the Apple equivalent or a different cable?
I am not familiar with Apple stuff but I am sure a web search would give an answer

I bought a quality usb c to lightning cable that supports charging and data but nothing works when plugged into my iPad.

Ian
I am assuming you do have the drone turned on when attempting to connect?
Like I mentioned above I am not an Apple user but a quick search for your concern resulted in the fact that apparently, (Depending on your model of Ipad and the OS level), it seems you might need an "iPad Camera Connection Kit" or equivalent to do what you want...Just another example of Apple's nonsense.

Yes i do have it turned on...
Since getting the anafi i removed the original card (16gb) and replaced it with a 128gb and not touched it since
Just plug the usb lead into my desktop pc switch on anafi and transfer all the files perfectly
It would have been nice to be able to do the same with my large iPad out in the field to check images/video’s
If i place the card into a sd card adapter and then into a sd card to lightning adapter then that works well
I just didn’t want to be removing the card much particularly out in the field

Ian

Yes i do have it turned on...
Since getting the anafi i removed the original card (16gb) and replaced it with a 128gb and not touched it since
Just plug the usb lead into my desktop pc switch on anafi and transfer all the files perfectly
It would have been nice to be able to do the same with my large iPad out in the field to check images/video’s
If i place the card into a sd card adapter and then into a sd card to lightning adapter then that works well
I just didn’t want to be removing the card much particularly out in the field

Ian
I will try USB C to USB C (which the iPad Pro uses instead of lightning).

Meantime, my “in the field” solution is:
  1. Fly with an iPhone/Sky Controller 3. (I prefer flying with an iPhone over a big clunky tablet).
  2. Land and leave the Anafi ON.
  3. Disconnect iPhone and close the SkyController. Thereby saving power on both.
  4. Connect iPad to Anafi using WiFi only.
  5. Preview footage in the Gallery with the iPad.
It’s not what you want, but at least it’s a relatively painless way to preview footage on a bigger screen than an iPhone.

If I do decide to download any footage at this point, at-least it is faster than when your iPad is connected to the drone via the SkyController. Meantime, I’m not using any phone or SkyController battery. I am still using up the Anafi battery during the download, but the drain is minimal (compared to when the Anafi is in flight).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville