Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drone losing connection with SC2.

Aspect

Reaction score
Hey.
So basically I am really disappointed. 2 days ago I got my new Skycontroller 2 with FPV glasses. My record was 400 meters... And NO It's was not crowded area, It's a clear area with like 1 or 2 other wifis around me or even without any wifis. Some time ago I could get 200 meters with smarphone so what is wrong? Now I get 40 meters with smartphone and 400 meters (rarely) with SC2... I ALWAYS turn off my wifi and turn on airplane mode when flying with SC2. I checked on other smartphones and yes the same problem. Is it something with drone? Like wifi antena or something? I didn't hit something hard with my bebop. I flew like 2 times into some bushes and that's it, cut some branches, leaves. I tried factory resetting the drone as well as reinstalling the app. Did not help. Also I tried changing wifi's channel in the network setting in FreeFlight Pro but still the same. So please if you had experienced something like that please help me.

Reactions: ruben.xie
Try to disassociate/disconnect permanently the WiFi ID [Bebop2-XXXXX] from the preference of your iOS or android. Leave only the SkyController 2 to connect the drone.

Reactions: the DroneGal
Try to disassociate/disconnect permanently the WiFi ID [Bebop2-XXXXX] from the preference of your iOS or android. Leave only the SkyController 2 to connect the drone.
So I must click in WiFi settings this "Forget" button on Android right?

EDIT: It did not help... I forgot I said that it happened like week ago. The problem with the connection so It's not the phones fault probably as like 2 weeks ago everything was fine.

Last edited:
So I must click in WiFi settings this "Forget" button on Android right?

EDIT: It did not help... I forgot I said that it happened like week ago. The problem with the connection so It's not the phones fault probably as like 2 weeks ago everything was fine.

40m and 400m is normal if there is a suburban area around for a stock drone.

Well
It is better if you can upload a video here. Let's see where it flew and how far it went.
Well, I can't do it now but even if I stand 3 meters from the drone It shows only 3 lines of signal. I think that the WiFi antennas are probably broken somehow. 400 meters was as I said the record. Normally with SC2 I get like 200-300. It has to be like that. I tried every solution on YouTube or on the web and nothing helped. Same with smartphone even when I fly up it loses signal really quickly.

No expert here.
Skycontroller 2, clear weather, take drone to 400 feet ( altitude, yes American ;) ).
I can get 1 mile ( 1.6 km for the foot challenged ) from my house before I lose line of sight connection. Video all the way, but last 1/4 mile breaking up as it passes direct line of sight.
400 is my legal height limit, not sure distance if I went higher to extend line of sight.

In which country you're?
There is a different of the output power between FCC and non FCC.
And last: Does you've selected the band /channel Manuel or leave the components the negotiation? Does you have used the 2,4 or 5.8 Ghz Band?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame