Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EDF on a Disco.

Gareth777

Reaction score
I love my Disco, for all it's little glitches. My main interest is coastal, island and wildlife photography, where a discreet and non-invasive glide is desirable.. not the conspicuous buzz of the Disco's choppy prop. My idea is to replace the motor and prop with a ducted fan unit, making the plane quieter and safer in the event of close encounters of the feathered kind.

I'd love to hear that all I have to do is find an edf unit for 3s and bolt it on to the current mount. But I think I'd have to carefully match the draw so as not to blow the chuck or speed controller, and I'd want to keep the same battery life.

Has anyone else ever considered or tried this? Any thoughts?

Many thanks
Gareth

I'll believe the most sound is in depend of the resonance of the body. Maybe it will be helpful to change the buffer under the engines

Thanks DeWe Well it's a thought.. no harm in trying I'll add a buffer between the body and the mount and let u know. To me the Disco sounds very much like an old Multiplex Easystar, and being pretty much the same motor and prop size that I used on this, I assume the prop to be the cause.. but maybe there's a simpler solution!

Did you ever manage to do this? I have the same issue. Love the disco. But it’s a little too noisy. I think it needs a fan or a slower prop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K