Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Editing Photographs

Axonanafi

Reaction score
I mostly fly in the Mediterranean where there is often a slight haze which flattens the colours and fades away the horizon. I have tried different photograph editors to try and improve the photographs but have never been happy with the results as it is difficult to try and maintain true colours.
Now, through my son I have been introduced to a programme called AirMagic which is specifically designed to edit drone photographs. It has a AI engine which is designed to deal with haze and contrast. It also has the benefit of being really easy to use.
They do a trial version so that you can sample how it works. It is not expensive either. Below is an original photograph and an edited one.
19-06-04 24 Argentiera.JPG19-06-04 24 Argentiera_2.JPG

I love Air magic.
Aside that it is from the same company that has developed Aurora HDR, from which you can find the last years version sometimes for free and I expect that now for last years version of Air Magic, too, it is really worth the money.
But b/c there is usually a watermark in the pictures (Trial Version), but at a specific position, it helps , before buying this great soft or finding it for free, to put the target picture on a white or black background picture. Which is a "bit" bigger, as the original.
Also buying gets you another filter.
And it is not just good for "air-magic", it is also good for "smartphone-magic"!

000.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
Skylum Software.
They had a similar program called Photolemur.
I think it's just another name to attract customers. Marketing tricks:cool:

They still have that soft, I think.
Whith AirMagic they targeting specificly the drone pilots!
With Photolemur the majority of people.

It might be even the same soft under diffenrent names.

Do you have it?
We could compare by sharing one picture and using both of this softs to enhance it?

They still have that soft, I think.
Whith AirMagic they targeting specificly the drone pilots!
With Photolemur the majority of people.

It might be even the same soft under diffenrent names.

Do you have it?
We could compare by sharing one picture and using both of this softs to enhance it?

Yes.
I make a quick test with the pictures above .
But the final jpeg file (from Photolemur) are about 12.3 mb and cant uploaded here. !!!
It improves sharpness and saturated the colors. NOTHING ELSE !!! It does not correct the perspective of the image, etc.

I use the LUMINAR 4 as Agustine.
This program is really worth it, especially when used as a Photoshop plugin

Luminar is the / an advanced version, more adjustable, methinks.
And more expensive! ;-)
Air Magic is the quick thing, to change ALL of the picture to what the soft is thinking. You can just adjust , how much of the change is used, 100%, 50%, 10%
My experience, by watching how I and others use/like it, is that people seem to stick often with the middle setup, about 60% of the effect, that the prog is offering when startet.
Or in other cases, tend to over-correct it (90-100%)

But as I stated, I got Aurora HDR 2018 for free, last year.
There are sometimes some nice downloads available.
Works for me!
I expect other skylum progs to be available this way, too. Sooner or later.
Just scan the www for them. And not always just in your home language ;-)

Thank you all.
I will now have a look at the other software programmes that you referred to.
In the meantime it is great being able to tidy up less than perfect lighting conditions and reduce haze.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian