Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FACTURY recovery of Anafi and Skycontroller 3

Island Xpress

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looking for a possibility to bring my Anafi and the Sky controller to the original firmware, not just resetting the currently installed firmware.

For those who would like to know why this becomes an issue, here are the details:
Have been using my Anafi since Dec 18. Have done about 300 flights, total of 17 hours of the Anafi in the air.
At many of my flights I recorded 4k videos well above the 5:35 min limit for one 4GB file. A second and sometimes third file was created and later used in my Adobe Premiere editing program. For the most time I had no problems with this, all files were seamlessly connected.
Since May 12 I have had the problem, that on all new recorded videos the second section is not usable. Each frame seems to be broken in two horizontal sections, the color is totally wrong, however, the first 5 minute file is still OK.
I can also add a previously made "second" section without a problem. This is consistent on two of my computers,
Here is what I tried and did not solve the problem:
Reseted Anafi
Formated micro SD card
Changed to other micro SD card
Changed to earlier FF6 software

I can still play the "faulty" files without a problem on my 4K TV or on my MSI 4k PC. Have also tried the MS Video Editor, doesn't work either,
My conclusion is a hardware or firmware fault in the Anafi, therefore trying to go back to the original firmware.
Any ideas?
Help is much appreciated.
Diego

As far as I am aware, and it has been discussed before, there currently is no way to install earlier versions of firmware to the controller or the Anafi.

Like Liger 1956 said this is not possible with the Anafi firmware. I had even had a post going on the developers forum and this was their answer
"Hi,

We do not support firmware downgrades on Anafi. This is not tested and could lead to unexpected issues."

Hello all,
I'm looking for a possibility to bring my Anafi and the Sky controller to the original firmware, not just resetting the currently installed firmware.

For those who would like to know why this becomes an issue, here are the details:
Have been using my Anafi since Dec 18. Have done about 300 flights, total of 17 hours of the Anafi in the air.
At many of my flights I recorded 4k videos well above the 5:35 min limit for one 4GB file. A second and sometimes third file was created and later used in my Adobe Premiere editing program. For the most time I had no problems with this, all files were seamlessly connected.
Since May 12 I have had the problem, that on all new recorded videos the second section is not usable. Each frame seems to be broken in two horizontal sections, the color is totally wrong, however, the first 5 minute file is still OK.
I can also add a previously made "second" section without a problem. This is consistent on two of my computers,
Reseted Anafi
Formated micro SD card

I can still play the "faulty" files without a problem on my 4K TV or on my MSI 4k PC. Have also tried the MS Video Editor, doesn't work either,
My conclusion is a hardware or firmware fault in the Anafi, therefore trying to go back to the original firmware.
Any ideas?
Diego

I have not observed anything unusual but will let the camera run in 4k when I fly a trip later in the evening.

Regards, Leif.

Hello all,

Reseted Anafi
Formated micro SD card

Any ideas?
Diego

Have just made 19 minutes continuous 4k video and have run the 4 files through my PowerDirector. There are problems with putting file number 2-4 on the first file. It is as if the 0 point of the file is shifted so that the composition becomes jumping. However, I cannot get color changes or anything else over file 2-4. I also sense that PowerDirector is more robust with regard to reading video than Adobe Premiere as I am aware of the same issues with video made by a DJI Mavic Pro for about 1.5 to 2 years back.

In my Ashampo video stabilizer Pro, I can load file 1 but not file 2-4. Yes, there is something completely wrong !!!

I do not know if there are also problems with the 2k7 and FHD formats but maybe there are others who have observed?

Instead of trying to destroying your Anafi on trying to load old firmware I would instead recommend you write to Parrot and point out the problem. At the same time I will do the same and will also encourage others who have problems complaining to the Parrot.

Regards, Leif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut